Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. GoldenFrog Augur

So to verify - Smithing Shadowscream and Bloodling give bumps? There's 24 recipes there and I'm about 15 short of 350 at the moment.

However, KOS to Guardians of Shar Vahl and looks to be a LONG road to turn that around.
  2. Stephen51 Augur

I thought I best post this while it was fresh in my mind.

Murkglider sinew's - for fletching - the best drop rate I've seen by a country mile, is the Murkglider Hive instanced zone off of Dranik Scar. Grand Historian Gersh gives the mission randomly 1 of 3. You need 3 people (2 and a merc works) to get the DZ.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

I got to 350 in fletching leaving almost all (not all, but almost all) of the sinew bow recipes undone.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

When folks ask about fletching, there's quite a few extra recipes so I always recommend doing what you can get the items for, and then choosing wisely - use the recipes that only take 1 rare part, then 2, then 3, etc. you shouldnt need to do the recipes that require multiple hard to find items with a bit of luck and effort, depending on what you've done, especially with the new recipes in RoS.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Right.
    Especially since all RoS recipes aren't needed for 350, but in effect (since they were not factored into the 300 skillup rate) can/do replace pre-RoS recipes, making the overall 301 to 350 that much easier.
    That little tidbit of "misinformation" is also the only critique i have on Drewie's tool that was linked above, as the page implies the RoS recipes were needed when they aren't. But that is soo minor for an overall really GREAT help and hardly worth the effort to discriminate the recipes for the total count, if that's at all possible even (e.g. by excluding recipe-ID > something in the count or so).

Thanks all for the big help in making this that much easier for us - it's still a lot of work that we have to do for a game, but you made it less of a mountainous obstacle!
  6. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

Ring of Scale expansion:
    sea-salted impregnated chokidai scales + sculpting tools in Fly Making Bench - trivial 348
    no trade chokidai scale earring mount for Crestra's earring tasks
    overthere threadfin (caught in new Overthere) + scaler in Fly Making Bench - trivial 348
    timorous deep toothfish (caught in new Overthere) + scaler in Fly Making Bench - trivial 348
    both make conflagrant fish scale X 10 in Fly Making Bench - trivial 318
    makes conflagrant fish scale patch X 10 in Fly Making Bench - trivial 288
    makes conflagrant fish scale swatch X 10 in Fly Making Bench - trivial 138
    makes conflagrant fish scale sheet which is used in Tailoring level 106 cloaks/shoulders
  7. Lianeb Augur

Lyquid likes this.
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Totally agree. Someone posted this in the newbie zone a ways back and I hadn't seen it yet. Total game changer.

As far as murkglider sinew I got all of mine in Noble's Causeway. Took a rogue merc w/me and just buzz sawed through the whole zone. Got about 8-10 per clear of the zone. Maybe 20 minutes. I decided to do these instead of some of the more aggravating bow recipes from PoP.

I was lucky since I was the crafter for the guild so I got to make all of the ROS recipes when they came out and used those as well.
  9. Amaquin_Tunare New Member

I took my own recipe output file, a lot of combing through notes, and a bit of time to put together a Make Poison checklist. I haven't automated it yet, but combined with eqrecpies.free.fr it should give most rogues a big head start.
    I've been quietly putting together a list of the recipes available to rogues trying to reach 350. Yes, the old world poisons are missing. And it is more of a manual checklist than an automated system like the Township Rebellion ones, though I'm working to change that. But it is a checklist that I think many rogues might benefit from. So, have at.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13MRlhhpq8K-YJdpfD3QvBN4jAu9-q30UJ-ozhYbnDXs/edit?usp=sharing
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's a shame though they list thousands of recipes you don't even need to learn. Well, I should say you DO need to learn them but they're taught from books/scribed recipes instead. I've spoken to a few people who started down the list with Cultural recipes since they're the easiest to do not realizing you can scribe books which teach you literally almost all of the cultural recipes there are because almost no websites mention this.

Smithing is a good example; that website says you need to learn 1939 recipes but that's kinda misleading - you actually only need to learn 1030 when you factor out recipes which are taught through scribed books.

Here is the 'complete' smithing list: https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/tradeskills/300-350/Smithing/CompleteRecipeList/ (2000 recipes)

Here is what you actually need to learn with Smithing: https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/tradeskills/300-350/Smithing/ListWithoutScribeableRecipes/ (1000 recipes)
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The need for the books for recipes isn't really a secret though, nor are the locations of the books. Off the top of my head, most books are in PoK either at small bank or near the main entrance to the PoK Library. There are a couple books one of the dwarven smith npc's in the building near small bank has and only this npc has. Sunset Hills has an extensive bags book. Brell's Rest has a number of books that are only found there on the Robo npc near Shining/Brell's Temple zone. Both Shard's Landing and cotf WK has a few books only found there - I don't recall if Argath also does as well but it might. I may be recalling wrong, it's been a couple years since checking but there may be a few books only found at starting cities like Kelethin, Kaladim, Crescent Reach, etc. I think I hit on all the unique places.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Props to Adetia for assembling this: http://www.townshiprebellion.com/tradeskill-books

List of all the books you need, and where to find them.
  13. Visitor Augur

Have not got around to all the TS yet, but, can verify that Baking requires learning 14 recipes per skill point, and it seems that Smithing requires 27 per point. Currently farming LDON for parts to make tempers,I figure 360 recipes or about 13 points,
  14. Arraden Augur

That's not the point of Drewie's tool. It is to show what you still need.
    It's linked on Alla along with a list of all the books that you need to scribe.
    So, if you follow the logic of what is posted, the idea is that you do all the book scribes first, then you move to understanding what is remaining and how many needed to get 350.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Tried to look at this today, but it won't run/it is blocked due to a "ChaseBank-A [Phish]."
  16. MiataDriver Augur

It would be a whole lot better if it didn't constantly time out when trying to do inventory plus recipe list.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Delete some of the rubbish from the list and it works fine. Have found it only seems to do this when the inventory file is large.
  18. svann Augur

Did you find something easier to farm than sinews? Right now besides sinews Im looking at choices of chunk of discordian rock, girplan feathers, bazu bone. 328 fletching, but Im only shooting for 333 then Ill start on tailoring. Suggestions welcome!
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

girplan feathers are easy to farm, best place Korfax and while your waiting on respawn go and kill the bazu for bones. Your best bet i think would be doing a mix of everything. :)

I don't recall having a hard time with sinew or Chunk of dicsordian rock.

Have you done the recipes similar to the ones that use Sinew those are bought items.

Good luck.
  20. svann Augur

Yes done all bought item recipes. Havent found a good place for discordian rock. Seems pretty open zone random. Just realized i got a bunch of sedge on a forage alt so that will help. Gonna run out of sinew making the sedge bows, but sinews seem pretty easy at nobles causeway. Just realized i gotta go to 35 fletch/tailor but it looks like im close for fletch anyway.

Bazu bone seems really rough. Out of all the bazu i killed farming murkgliders I only got 1 bone.