Still can't get that login server figured out huh....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghostinthemachine, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nifty Slacker Augur

If Daybreak made beer, they'd be investigating problems with the bottle opener.
  2. Mardox_Of_FV New Member

And now for some entertainment while we wait

Don't forget to tip you're server
  3. toodlem Elder

2 of 4 are in... other two same ole time out
  4. Feznik Elder

Pretty much they do since I have oodles of plat from years of hoarding it and not like plat is hard to get in game either. You can make 2 mill plat easily in a couple of hours if you know what you are doing. As well as why I said "let someone else pay for the Krono" , of course someone has to pay Daybreak off, I just won't be the one doing it.
  5. Gremin Augur

If its time for a new hardware for the login server just put out a new 40 slot backpack we can all buy.
    Barton and Databyter like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I started rereading the Dies the Fire series by S.M. Stirling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_the_Fire. Been several new books in the series since I read it so this afternoon was a good time to start reading the series again.
    Barton and Metanis like this.
  7. Iumar Journeyman

Servers are down still. What's the new eta when they will be back up?
  8. villyam New Member

have read them all and really liked the series
  9. Tactical Possum New Member

Whatsa buuk? Sounds archaic. Your ancient technology angers and scares me!
  10. Worry New Member

I don't care about the delayed patches or the longer than expected downtime. happens, but I care about the poor customer service...

The lack of communication between employees and customers is most distressing. Technical issues arise, mistakes, or errors, happen and problems can always be fixed with time. However, this organization does nothing to foster patience in their playerbase. A customer service representative should be engaging with users on this forum, on Twitter and on Facebook. Even if there is no news to share, a representative should be offering reassurance or limited insights into a plan of action.

Yet, whenever something goes wrong with Everquest the community representatives wait, and wait, to make a statement or interact with the players. Changing the header on the forums isn't enough. In addition to that, a representative should be posting in the forums. Moreover, there are many customers who don't use the forums - Update the twitter, the latest news in the launcher and the Facebook page to reach your playersbase and inform them of the issues with the user experience. It's a communications failure every single time something goes wrong with this game.

The playerbase is toxic and prone to fling poo when there is little to no community relations. You can buy a lot of figurative goodwill and actual patience if DBG would simply interact with their customers in a meaningful way when there are unexpected delays. The fact that this is a reoccurring problem, referring to the login servers, would seem to indicate there needs to be a "letter to the players" type of deal that is written from one of the senior technology support staff members. The players deserve an explanation, as well as more involved customer service. We're not asking for a lot, we just want to feel as if we're valued.
    Vishiss, Repo, tanith and 5 others like this.
  11. Databyter New Member

12. TheQUestion_iS New Member

No, a FREE 40 bag slot for ALL ACCOUNTS, for the waiting time.

That is DO the things rigth.
    Databyter likes this.
  13. Databyter New Member

Yes, for each char. Nice idea
  14. Krystallos New Member

There was an update to this forum as well as a tweet. Not sure what else I would want them doing other than working to fix the problem.

I do recall the good old days when there were issues like this we could still get into a chat server and talk with GMs. Of course those were the SOE days.
    Databyter likes this.
  15. Databyter New Member

16. Worry New Member

No. Do things right is timely communication with your customers. I don't want in-game trinkets or freaking bonus experience, I want the company to act professional and engage with their players.
    Databyter likes this.
  17. kharmelion Journeyman

bingo. a bit of communication, especially with the same issue every. single. time. would go a long way with the user base.
    [IMG]
    toodlem and Databyter like this.
  18. Kianara Lorekeeper

Couldn't have said it better. We're not asking for play-by-play of the repairs, in real time, as they're being done. But at the same time, when in 2 hours we've gotten only "we're looking into it", that's simply not enough in my book. It's a reoccurring issue, after almost every patch. Some people have said "oh, you know it's gonna happen so just plan ahead." No. I pay for a product that I am denied access to for whatever the reason is on a consistent, predictable basis. Why should we, as a player-base, just simply "deal with" this and allow them to be complacent in not actually FIXING it, or at least letting us know what the issue is/was and a long-term fix is being worked on, etc?

All we get each and every time is "we're looking into it." Heck, I wouldn't care if foul-ups weren't explained every time if we at least got them ONCE in a while.
    Nifty Slacker and Krystallos like this.
  19. Deeplybald New Member

ARJHGRJHDBGKIHSFSLHFDPOIOHSDKJH. NJNKHBSIUHVLKMWI. PIJONKNFODIJF<J. AIUHFNKWJNDOIJSIJEJOPPP{PPP. OKSD:"KLF(OS:OKJ::LK:SP:K.
    Herf likes this.
  20. Nifty Slacker Augur

Is that an excerpt from everquest's net code?
    kharmelion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.