Still can't get that login server figured out huh....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghostinthemachine, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrundPound New Member

The same people who threaten to cancel their subs are the same people that are back the next patch.. those threats get OLD! No one cares.. But what we do care is they keep making the same errors each patch.. I'm a lifer with EQ, I am not going anywhere.. but what needs to change is this incompetence right here. Spend more time fixing your patches than fixing the real issues with EQ! Its backwards. Little Communication AGAIN GOES along ways. Its getting to the point tho, that its happening every patch. I would be ok with a downtime of 48 hours if you upgrade or do what you gota do to fix this crap. You must run off the same database Sears and K-mart run off.. you ever notice how they still have those old computers!
    MyFairLady, Jhenna_BB and toodlem like this.
  2. Time Burn Augur

So, people hand you kronos for nothing? I highly doubt it. If you are earning in game kronos from other characters, you are somehow enticing others to pay DB for you via krono, - you yourself are seeing to it that DB gets $$ through your in game actions.
  3. Greg the Surly New Member

If only I could power the Login Server with all these tears
    Tactical Possum and Herf like this.
  4. Time Burn Augur

You are hiring them, Riler, look in the mirror when you laugh!
  5. Deeplybald New Member

Awww man. I just paid for this game. :( Now I guess I'm gunna drink beer until it's online again or I guess I can walk around outside in the pouring rain.
  6. Time Burn Augur

Grund, if the servers worked after a patch, you and I couldn't come here and squeal like a stuck pig. Think of all the fun you would be missing!
    Lilliee likes this.
  7. DualNature New Member

Hey everyone, I just tried to log in, and it went through immediately. Start hitting that play button! Things may have just gotten fixed! If it doesn't for you, sorry to have gotten your hopes up.
  8. DualNature New Member

At least you have beer ;)
  9. Nacho Chottal New Member

Every single time

Is it gonna be a whole day again?

Seriously, you guys need to check your system
  10. Icedrgn New Member

mine just says logging into server please wait.... been waiting 20 minutes now...LOL luckily not one to rage. Just taking things with the flow...LOL
  11. Spayce Augur

They can’t afford competent devs, but they can afford to pay someone to man the boards and immediately ban folks for negative posts haha.

What a joke of an organization.
    Time Burn likes this.
  12. GrundPound New Member

Status: 10/24/2018 11:27 PDT - We are currently investigating an issue with logging into the game.

Same problem as the last 4x. I would love to see maybe " Daybreak is currently working on the issue to fix it from further patches! Communication goes a long ways, maybe peak in and inform on exactly whats going on, whats being done to fix the issue. These threads cause further damage to the player base because theories run rapid, people get upset and people threaten to cancel subs.

Maybe a link to a hiring page for individuals that would be a good asset to fixing these issues. Short staff? Eventually these issues will cut into your profit. Hope these errors and incompetence gets corrected before we lose more player base over issues that could of been correct from the start.
  13. Gremin Augur

I love EQ, it will always be me favorite game. However, its hard to defend it or even recommend it when you guys cant seem to figure this out after how many months of issues with log in server....?
    Barton and Claan like this.
  14. Databyter New Member

Hmm. I thought it was me. I'm a returning player and I changed a bunch of passwords, deleted my old Java and Installed a new one (dunno if EQ even uses Java), redid my sub's (2 accounts).

I thought I messed something up because it shows the server up AND populated. Apparently they need a new Status clue, like UP, but Broke.

Anyway, glad it is just typical patch day crap and not my computer settings or account settings (knock on wood).

Interesting that this always seems to occur on my RARE days off. How do they get my schedule? And usually after spending money on the game. How reactive!

Brings back old memories (and not all good).

Anybody from Luclin (originally from Veeshan, got bumped around quite a bit over the years, left and came back a dozen times). Databyter. (Boltron, Warrt, Varshur, Skahle.
  15. MyFairLady New Member

me too. I love it but I would never recommend it. It makes only sense if you know all the backdraws of this game. Without this knowledge this game is simply unplayable and unbearable. As a long time player I know solutions which any noob would drive away from this game...

But it seems there are always the same bugs and always the same problems...
    it is getting old...

can anybody recommend a game which is close to EQ and is worth a glance while DGB is screwing up the update again?
  16. Izenic New Member

I didn't realize that logging in is part of the Quest. At least there are drops

Common - a timeout error occured

Rare - A connection to the server could not be reached

Ultra Rare - Something about "Until now Everquest names could differ...blah blah blah...moving to the new login system.
  17. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

If people don't have something to about, they really get miserable.
    Let me start the" we deserve double XP , because we paid for service...."
  18. Barton The Mischievous

If only paying a company for a working service actually got you a working service
    Claan likes this.
  19. Spayce Augur

For those wondering why we didn't get bonus xp for the last screw up 1-2 weeks ago, this is why.

They knew they would bungle this patch too and need to give out a compensation weekend, so they just went ahead and waited until after they screwed up this patch to give it to us.

Two bird, one stone...smart!
  20. Databyter New Member

[IMG]
    Looks like a break in the film. Our Engineers are busy repairing it, and we'll have it back on in a jiffy.
    Barton and Krystallos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.