The Silent Minority rathe, php passwords hacked.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigfan, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Bigfan Augur

If you've ever registered on tsm boards change password NOW.

1300 unique username/email address with plaintext passwords on pastebin
  2. Intenso Augur

How do you view this see if I’m there lol
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Are you seriously asking him to post a spreadsheet of the information of 1300 accounts?
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Old version of forum software that never got updated and running an old version of php would be my guess.

Website owners need to make sure things are kept up to date due to vulnerabilities.
  5. Bigfan Augur

I use haveibeenpwned.com

Alerts me if my email address shows up..this one did with 1300+ others..I have reported it to pastebin, but it's out there now...
    moogs likes this.
  6. Intenso Augur

My email only had 4 hits in there lol it’s been changed since then anyway passwords
  7. moogs Augur

I've begun using a free password manager at home and at work:

https://pwsafe.org/

Two thumbs up.
  8. Drakang Augur

Old stuff was upgraded a while back and cleaned out but they may have gotten it before then.

Not like there is any sensitive information there.
  9. Feznik Elder

That maybe 95% hack proof but I prefer Paper and Pencil at 99% (i.e. 1% less due to natural disaster or misplacement).
  10. Gundolin Augur

That must be what happened to all my DKP.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Even if that was a three year old dump of data, it's most certainly sensitive data. People are generally very poor managing passwords.
    Parkers, Reht and Sancus like this.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

The data was leaked around February 2018 and from what little I've read about it the actual breach was estimated to be from December 2017 so would certainly have been sensitive at the time when it first made it into the wild.