Test update 10/9/2018 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. mmats Augur

Bite of Tashani is no longer instant cast as a result of the AA consolidation. There is no way this is not a bug.
    Tiqou likes this.
  3. Turoq Journeyman

Whatever you did is now making "Shout of the Wildstalker Rk. III" incapable of being applied to (Group/TGB'd/MGB'd/TB'd) even though the description states that it 'Grants your group... etc'

[IMG]

This is data gathered from EQResource's 'Test Spell' section:

Shout of the Wildstalker Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '4249' to '800'
    - Casting Time changed from '6' to '2'
    - Target changed from 'Target Group' to 'UNKNOWN TARGET'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Cast: Cloak of Needlebarbs Rk. III' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Cloak of Needlebarbs'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Cast: Wail of the Predator Rk. III' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Wail of the Predator'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Cast: Strength of the Wildstalker Rk. III' to 'Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Strength of the Wildstalker'
    - AE Range changed from '100' to '0'
    - Description changed from 'Grants your group the effects of *55538%N, *55559%N, and 55553%N.' to 'Grants your group the effects of the highest rank you know of *$1+G, *$2+G, and *$3+G.'

--------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this stems from what you did to its component spells (Cloak/Bellow/Strength), moving their target type from 'Group' to 'Single' target.

Or if it's the changes you made to "Shout's" target type from 'Target Group' to 'UNKNOWN TARGET'.

Or if it's the changes you made to "Shout's" AE Range from '100' to '0'.

--------------------------------------------------

However, this needs to be addressed before getting pushed to live. The fact that I cannot cast my group buff on my group... while in group, or TGB it... or MGB it... or TB it is troubling to say the least.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  4. msbn96 New Member

Two Sides of the Stone mission in Resplendent Temple, specifically the time trial achievement to kill in 30 minutes or less. I've beaten this mission twice, both times in under 30 minutes but I am not receiving achievement. (On all 3 of my toons, Suex, Aruzzo, and Ozzura)
  5. Lifeshriek Augur

Similar to what Turoq posted but for Beastlords:
    Feralist's Unity - Testing resulted in:
    -Buffs land on party members while in group
    -Buffs land on groups 'Outside' of my group, TGB works fine
    -Buffs do NOT land on anybody but myself when not in a group and trying to MGB/TB
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Rosarchx New Member

Arcane Disjunction Aura is not longer working. Toss a totem down get no debuff icon. My resists are much higher now on VP raid stuff.

Rosarchx
    Enchanter
  7. It's Not A Rabbit! New Member

Mage magic spells are much weaker ALL THE TIME.

I don't get having magic spells suck less for 3 minutes.

Much more sense to bump the mod of EU down, but bump the base magic spells up.
  8. kizant Augur

Finally got a chance to test. The Mana Burn change looks pretty good and doesn't use mana when it's blocked. So, that's cool and a bit of a surprise.

The only minor bug, since it's a nuke, is that it receives a little extra damage from spell damage.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Cacky Elder

"Ability: Enchant Alaran Metal" is level 81, but when my level 85 enchanter clicked it, I was told I needed to be level 91 to learn it.
    "Ability: Mass Enchant Alaran Metal" is level 80, but when clicked says it requires level 90.
    "Ability: Mass Enchant Planar Alloy" is level 86, but when clicked says it requires level 96.

Thank you.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Is this the scroll, or the AA?
    For example. Ability: Mass Enchant Planar Alloy:
    else if (entity.level(my_id) < 86)
    {
    pc.message(my_id, "GENMustBeLevel86", color_user_tell);
    return right_click_stop;
    }
    and
    Query1
    ITEM_ID NAME SPELL.REQUIRED_LEVEL ITEM.REQUIRED_LEVEL
    76277 Ability: Mass Enchant Planar Alloy 86 86
    TEXT
    NPC_TEXT_FILE_NAME CLEAN_TEXT ZONE_ID
    GENMustBeLevel86 You must be level 86 to learn this ability. -1

I.E.: Everything is 86
    (note, if you are 85... maybe you just read the message wrong since you are too low level?)

I do see an error on the Alaran items, and I'll make a ticket to fix it for November patch, but Since it's not new to the stuff going in (this would be a years-old bug) I'm not allowed to add it to the patch at this point. (We try not to add things to a patch if it's not super game breaking. And while this is annoying, it's not super game breaking)
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on the October patch? Are we looking at Wednesday this week?
    Fanra and Sancus like this.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

Currently, yes.
  13. Cacky Elder

I must have misread the message from "Ability: Mass Enchant Planar Alloy." Funny, I would have bet money that I was right, but I checked it just now, and I was wrong. Goes to show, even in very simple or straightforward situations, we are all capable of making mistakes! Anyway, thanks for fixing the other two.
  14. Risiko Augur

Was anything done to fix the issue with Rain spells on raid mobs only doing 2 of the 3 waves?
  15. msbn96 New Member

Since my reported bug above apparently wasn't addressed, can you at least give a time table when it should be fixed?

"Two Sides of the Stone mission in Resplendent Temple, specifically the time trial achievement to kill in 30 minutes or less. I've beaten this mission twice, both times in under 30 minutes but I am not receiving achievement"