Theft of Essence AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pistols4Pandas, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Sancus Augur

Need a bit more info. Were you parsing swarm pets or your main pet?

Burnout XIII has a higher hit damage modifier than Arcane Distillect, The former has a 24% modifier at Rank I and a 25% modifier at Ranks II and III. Arcane Distillect is only a 15% modifier, and the highest one takes priority (they are not additive).

Swarm pets have no hit damage modifiers. As such, they benefit notably from Arcane Distillect. Because of how pet damage is calculated (hit damage modifiers multiply the DI portion of hit, but not the DB portion), you won't see a full 15% increase in damage. It should still be noticeable, although 10 minute parses probably aren't ideal.
  2. Bobsmith Augur

Imo, when parsing out pets I think a 30min parse is a short parse. As to how long is ideal? Well the longer the parse the better the data.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Parsing is like sex. The longer you can go, the better it is...
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

but then we are down to the two minute intervals again?
  5. Evurkvest Augur

Sorry, my bad. I was parsing water pet with Burnout on.
  6. Sancus Augur

Yeah, AD won't have any benefit in that situation. Any differences you saw were just RNG related.
  7. Evurkvest Augur

Did some parses with RS and got a 10.8% boost, not too shabby. What is range on this aura? Seems to be short. Checked Lucy but could not figure it out there.

My mage is an alt so im missing a lot of indepth knowledge of the class, AD had completely gone under my radar. Thx guys.
  8. Mintalie Augur

Unsure the range but it's helpful to watch your pet's window to see if it's on him--if so, and he and the swarm pets are on the same mob, then it's safe to assume the aura is on the swarm pets also.

Hell, I love the aura for the damage boost it gives to my chanter's pet. Call me crazy!