Agnarr's Future

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pan The Man, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

My Agnarr guild recently disbanded. It was fun for a year but due to the tedium of Time and the fact that Agnarr is time-locked our guild folded. I will never play on a time-locked server again. The heartbreak of seeing your guild fall apart is too much to bear.

At the very least, DBG should allow players to transfer their characters off Agnarr to another progression server or a live server. That would not hurt anyone.
  2. Febb Augur

Yep, it'll drive down the price of those items which is a good thing for the consumers. There needs to be more on the market.
  3. Febb Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...rQuest-Character-Transfer-Instructions#server

It shows you can transfer off to a live server from Agnarr.
    snailish likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

I am pretty sure when you transfer off you lose EVERYTHING.

And, having rolled a few toons on live during slow times on Agnarr, I can tell you that getting to level 65 is absolutely trivial. If you had friends, it would be a joke. You will easily eclipse your Agnarr toons progression in a couple sessions.

As an example, someone took pity on me because I couldn't find a group on Firiona Vie, and they offered to powerlevel me. It was somewhere around the 50s or 60s. In 1 "easy" pull for them they got me multiple levels, and you basically just repeat some ridiculous easy quest/mission right next to the Big Bank in Plane of Knowledge. We're talking easy as pie.

On the flip side, if you want to level the old fashion way, you can get hours long buffs that blow your stats out of the water, give you monster damage shields and you almost walk around invulnerable while your merc solo's everything lol.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Phinny's got abundant defiant gear and live XP rates. You can be caught up in no time. We've PL'd apps before. All SoL-GoD AAs are autogranted so it's not like you're losing grind time either. Basically you'd have to redo your epic and that's about it. If you want to transfer off it's easier to just reroll on Phinny rather than wait for them to not allow transfers anyway.
    Risiko and snailish like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Test has even more gear than phinny and permanent Double XP Bonus, not to mention the friendliest, most helpful playerbase in all of Everquest.
  7. snailish Augur

I transfered a character from Agnarr to live, Phinny to live, Vulak to live...

What they've never allowed yet is transfers to non-cohort (launched at same time) progression servers. Even cohorts have had hazy rules at times.

Allowing Agnarr to transfer to a server that is done GoD, going into OoW would be fine imo (I'd be fine with GoD but some will say that is an advantage to start GoD with potentially years of getting the character ready for it... I don't care or think it matters, but if you allow it as of OoW they would be behind enough that what is there to complain about?)

In the same vein, allowing Coirnav to transfer to Phinny or any progression server ahead of it should be fine. I suppose it is mathematically possible Coirnav gets ahead of Lockjaw/Ragefire at some point?
  8. snailish Augur

Any transfer I have ever done has taken all gear and plat on the character and in their bank.

This really stuck out with my last transfer as I had a brain cramp and moved a pile of gear off of Agnarr on a main I was moving to live to retire/revisit later and that gear is basically useless on live (and I still should have been using on Agnarr alts).
  9. jeskola pheerie

Test has free copies and everything on your person comes over. Just type /testcopy at your leisure, and launch your patcher and change game version from Live to Test.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  10. Mulder New Member

It's mind boggling why people play on Agnarr, which is advertised as POP-locked, only to complain that it's POP-locked. Myself and everyone I know IRL who play on Agnarr only play live EQ *at all* because of Agnarr being locked. If Agnarr for some reason went to GoD and beyond, we would be right back on P99. This population is the reason why Agnarr even exists.

It makes no sense - why not just play on a different server if you want further progression? Let people like me enjoy the sandbox.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

P99 players never stopped asking for later expansions after all these years.

It's really just par for the course, and all you can do is have a dev confirm it is, indeed locked. Which they did earlier.
  12. Kahna Augur

Really... It’s necessary for a dev to confirm that a server who’s entire premise is that it is locked in PoP that, yes, the server is indeed locked in PoP.

Some people’s kids.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Skeetari Lorekeeper

I don’t understand why people continue to argue over Agnarr. It’s a locked server, and yes it will lose population over time until it finds an equilibrium or dies off (as in zero raiding going on at end game... unlikely or a long way off IMO). Guilds will fold, guilds will merge. This was always expected by anyone who really thought about it.

Personally my guild is clearing Time faster than ever and we still get raids with 60+ characters (yes lots of boxes). We are still getting new people, about half are new characters and half are from other guilds who folded. We are having fun. Phat lewtz are being gained, except for DBoTW which we havent seen in 5 months... but I digress.

In the era of TLP and ruleset servers, people need to realize that there is no longer a “stay on one server for 19 years” as your only option. There’s a moving mass of population that has choices and these servers aren’t deemed successful solely by having the most people on them at all times. They are measured by how much fun people have on them, how much people enjoy them, and the competition that people like to have.
    andross77 likes this.
  14. LarsBars New Member

I've so far only made it to 52. Agnarr is the reason i'm still playing and having fun. I dont see an end to me playing on there cause even when I originally played eq I never made it to end game content. Im a casual player and Agnarr is awesome.

The only other tlp server option I think would be superior would be to have checkpoint Agnarr style servers. One at original, then velious, then PoP, etc and you can either stay on them forever or self-initiate a transfer to the next one in the line-up.
    andross77 and snailish like this.
  15. snailish Augur

This has been talked about a bunch. I wonder if Agnarr stopping at LDoN, and playing nice with P99 pretty much kills the possibility of anything but a Quarm event ever being locked prior to LDoN?

I know if "checkpoints" (ladders, whatever) were offered I would play on a OoW/DoN ish lock --I would do that simply because it is casual-play kinder imo than points-based LDoN and I like the zones that open up in those expacs.

The other spot I would play, if they have got defiant moved off of the era (where it obsoletes nearly all the content) is TSS. It's a brilliant spot for a lock with the "new" 1-75 content replayability. It has some of the modern goofy stuff (jewelry comes to mind) but a lot of the good things too, and really most illusions, familiars, mounts, /claims and such should be allowed as of TSS with a few restrictions (i.e., some familiar buffs maybe).

That's the only 2 I see working aside from what Agnarr already is. And that is holding the assumption that Agnarr is still working a few more months into the lock.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

really, its locked at pop?

LoY isn't open?
    LDoN isn't open?

they need to stop lying about that or... you know.. lock it at pop like they advertise it as :)

also jail server is jail. I'm fine w/ xfer to test or live, any xfer to another tlp should only be done naked if at all.
  17. Raltar Augur

You can transfer off Angarr...to a live server. This was all made explicitly clear when the server was opened. If you didn't want to be stuck on a prison TLP with no where to go other than live, you picked the wrong server.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. Graethos Journeyman

No, this is PoP-locked. That's why I rolled there.
    andross77 likes this.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No such thing as settled law, Broseph.
    Graethos likes this.
  20. Risiko Augur

I have to agree. If you and your guild wants to continue on with out going straight to a Live server, the best option would be to decide on another TLP server for all of you to start over on together.

Assuming you like the true box rule set, then that gives you two options; Phinigel and Coirnav.

Then it comes down to a couple things. What era do you want to start in, and how much effort do you want to put in to catching up with the current end game.

Phinigel is in Secrets of Faydwer, and Coirnav is in Scars of Velious.

Phinigel will have the fastest experience of the two servers, and it has the easiest gear to catch you up in the way of Defiant gear. You'd be amazed at just how powerful Defiant gear is that drops off of trash mobs all over Norrath. It trivializes the vast majority of old raid content.

Coirnav is going to be a slow leveling experience, but if you do it as a guild, you can get to max level (60 right now) in time for the release of Luclin (Thanksgiving week). If you are doing it solo, it's going to take you longer by far.

If you decide to go to a Live server, you will be level 70+ in no time. I mean like really no time. It's insane how fast you level on a Live server.