Agnarr's Future

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pan The Man, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Pan The Man New Member

Consider this my formal request to make Agnarr a time lock server and keep it going. If you do this soon maybe folks will stop leaving. There are also other games coming up.... please consider.

Paanarin
    Monk
  2. Machentoo Augur

You guys chose to play on a server where the only unique feature about it is that it locks permanently. If you want to play on, try one of the five other servers that are doing that...
    rosetone, Funk, TheTone and 3 others like this.
  3. Vindaven Elder

...Or... better idea...
    Make the next TLP Agnarr 2.0. And it eventally merges into Agnarr 1.0 after it reaches the same content (GoD).
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Since the next xpac is PoP based, it is only fair and right that Agnarr have access to it. No level increases, or AA. Just full access to all the zones and mobs.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Agnarr is not, and will not be in GoD.

The implication of making another Agnarr is that it will lock somewhere, if you are asking for Agnarr to be merged with "new agnarr" and for them to continue progressing, that's not Agnarr 2.0.

An actual Agnarr 2.0 would be a dumb move since Agnarr 1.0 is enough proof that PoP/LDoN lock isn't a viable long-term server.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

what is the next expansion after ldon and what did it offer?

Might be interesting if say in 6 months they did do that because it would bring back ppl for a limited time.

The population on every eq server obviously drops but lets face it, the devs arent into breathing life into servers as much as breeding life.
  7. Trevalon Augur

Well, I wont say that is why everyone played on Agnarr - I played agnarr almost exclusively because of the faster EXP rate, BUT you are right I knew it was going to end in PoP and was prepared for that, even if I wished it would continue on.

Need to up Coirnav's exp rate!
  8. mattie diesel Journeyman

I chose Agnarr because I WANTED to be locked in classic content. I'm still having fun and have endless entertainment within alts at my disposal. I'm getting what I want from it, fun. Contrary to popular belief, I've gave knowledge to about 6-7 brand new players over the past 3-4 day period, 3 of them I gave some starter items, and I created a new lowbie casual guild that had recruited more than 7 members it's first night of function within a couple hours. I see new people daily, if not bi-daily. a minority of them are new to dbg in general, and come looking for a classic lock. That's the point of agnarr, people who prefer a certain era of content. Should have made a different choice if you want more content, not to be rude, but it's true. It is what it is, don't act like it was supposed to be something else, or become discontent now that it's truly met its content capacity.

I'm not against the idea of adding the last expansion that stays with the PoP era, but I know it's probably not gonna happen. Not worried about it either way.

People say "servers failed" that have hundreds of players on at all times and see new faces on a daily basis, everybody always jumps ship and wants something else, be glad the game in this state is here, and make a home out of something. The fans criticize the company for a lot of things, some things are justified to complain about, but to be honest, this by a larger margin is not the good ole' EQ loving crowd players used to be. Blame time or what you will, but the people and their constant urge of dividing players up more is making things worse, and probably gets annoying to the people who run the show.
    rosetone, andross77 and snailish like this.
  9. snailish Augur

The future of Agnarr depends on the people playing there, and whether some casual/family guilds get a little more active in recruiting and/or whatever raid guilds choose to remain look at widening their playerbase net. I see a lot of unguilded players amongst the small crowd leveling (and yes some of them are alts of guilded people).

Then it is a question of how many players actually want to play in the lock, that the server just got to. Right now there is still population, right now there is still activity in baz --more than many other servers I have played on. This settled-in community may end up being quite solid.
  10. Fhiele Augur

Been playing since launch day on Agnarr. Haven't quit yet. Did take a 1 week break and think about quitting in Luclin.

I think Agnarr will never be a "dead" server in the way Lockjaw and Vulak became dead servers. It helped they didn't release a duplicate server a few post-launch to dilute the starting population. The population is still enjoying expansion content(LDON raids), but at some point, the raiding scene will quiet down more. With MoTM, larger numbers are still required, so small guilds will continue to merge.
    mattie diesel likes this.
  11. Borune Journeyman

I left Phinny and started on Agnarr because it is PoP locked. If I wanted Agnarr to continue I wouldn't have moved...
    rosetone, Graethos and HoodenShuklak like this.
  12. Donroy Elder

No thank you. Keep Agnarr locked. Been playing here since launch and will keep playing here.
  13. Jareke Journeyman

Obligatory post mentioning that <Kings of Agnarr> is a previous Agnarr guild that restarted on Lockjaw and are still recruiting! Currently raiding PoTime and plan to continue progression latterly.

There are other options than sitting around hoping for DBG to do something with Agnarr. Restarting with tools like Lesson of the Devoted and other veteran rewards really isn't bad ;)

DM me on here for any additional infos!
  14. Galactron Journeyman

While Luclin and POP are awesome expansions, your deluding yourselves if you expect long time viability out of a locked server.
    Graethos likes this.
  15. Roxxlyy Augur

There are no plans to unlock any more expansions on Agnarr! It was advertised and announced as being PoP-era locked because, well, it is. :)
  16. FIsh Lips Augur

Then let us transfer off of it. I'm done with it, never going back. Phinny needs new blood. One day coirnav will need the blood it never had.
    Brontus likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You can leave anytime, but you can't come here.

Feel free to reacquiare your toon through game play on Phinny.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. Febb Augur

Now that the experience rate on Phinigel is higher than Agnarr, I don't see why this would be restricted.
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

Man, these 16 pre-nerf fungi staffs are burnin' a hole in my pocket.

Man, these 16 pre-nerf circlets of shadows are burnin' a hole in my pocket.

Man, these 16 SoDs (or Tinkerer masks) are burnin' a hole in my pocket!

Now you know why.
    Genoane, andross77 and Dythan like this.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Roll on a prison server, die on a prison server, my papa always said.
    Graethos likes this.