FV Raiding Population

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Jontrann Augur

So i'm thinking about coming back to the game and playing on a "Live" server because the new pop expansion has me super hyped but from what i recall "FV" my preferred server didn't really have any good raiding guilds, is this still the case? Am i better off going to bristlebane or povar if i want to experience raid content in the new expansion?
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

You have many wonderful options.

Valhallah for the high-end. Our recruitment is currently limited, but we're always interested in extremely talented individuals if you play a class not currently "open" for recruitment. Bonus points if you play a mean Paladin. We raid at 7:50 PM ET Monday during farm, and Monday/Tuesday during progression.

www.valhallah.org

Prosperitas if you want current content with fewer added pressures and performance requirements than VH. They are currently working through RoS. They raid Thursday (?) and Sunday at 11:30 ET (I think)

www.prosperitasguild.org

Symphony of Arms is good for a competitive raid environment that's building momentum and trying to become more. They're currently farming keys to hit EoK Tier 3 and have plans to hit RoS soon. SoA Raids Thursdays and Saturdays at 8 PM ET.

http://soa.gamerlaunch.com

Knights of Infinity for a more casual experience. They are currently working through EOK Tier 2. I believe KoI raids Wednesday / Friday / Saturday at 8 PM ET.

www.knightsofinfinity.org
  3. Fire_Wiz New Member

Your initial assumption is correct. FV is EQ's original "prison server." It seems like it might be fun, it might be different at first. The server as a whole is extremely toxic, however. They would charge you to enter zones over there. Give yourself added freedom, play on a Live server.
  4. phattoni Augur

FV is a server, i would roll on a live server like bristlebane instead, people are a lot more friendly, and you will actually find a guild.

i played on fv for 3 or 4 years and the server is just a hole, the people suck and the raid guilds dont invite unless you have a few thousand dollars worth of gear on you.

i played there and never found a guild.

actually server transfered to join a guild there, and they kicked me from the guild for making jokes in a private tell with someone else.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Ever think you seriously offended that person? Just a though...but it could not have been your fault right?
  6. phattoni Augur

nope didnt insult anyone or say anything bad, they actually recruited another person from bristlebane who also transfered and was kicked from the guild... why he was kicked i forget, but it wasnt anything bad that i know of.

was the same guy that got me kicked that got him kicked too.

the guy was just a tool, actually whined in guild chat that he was going to leave the guild if they didnt kick me lol... did the same thing with the guy that transfered from bristlebane.
  7. phattoni Augur

my encounters with people in game are 100% different from my encounters on the forums. i might troll and be an on forums, but not in game.

i dont even remember what the joke was, i just remember there were no swear words or anything bad in it, and it wasnt racist of off color at all either.
  8. Sancus Augur

I don't know why people perpetuate this myth, but raid guilds that have tons of raid gear rotting don't care if you don't have raid gear. If you show up with EoK group gear, not even Conflagrant, yeah that's a reflection that you aren't investing time in your character.

This is especially true on FV, since any terrible player can buy raid gear. FV is swimming in gear, it has a deficiency of skilled players. That's who raid guilds are looking for.
  9. phattoni Augur

fv sucks.

roll there if you want, ignore all the warnings. enjoy soloing and buying raid gear to do your group content.
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

I am sorry that your FV experience was poor. There's definitely some truth to what you're saying about people being greedy on FV, but I wouldn't say it's more toxic than other live servers. I've been around a bit and they're all roughly the same.

As far as gear requirements go, we're pretty flexible. I wouldn't say our expectations are any higher than a guild from standard. I recently spoke with an Enchanter who was interested in applying and recommended a set of Conflagrant, TBM slot 5s, and whatever slot 7s they could throw together from RoF+. That's probably the most stringent standard you'd find among the guilds on the server that raid.

Like Sancus said, we're more interested in what you do with the things you're wearing than what you're actually wearing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Radamus Journeyman

On this dolly, please show me where the bad orc touched you.

Seriously though, there is a reason why FV has a high population. Most folks are cool and willing to help out returning or new players.. Grouping at the low levels is pretty much non-existant but things get much better at the higher levels.

If a person acts like a , their experiences are usually horrible because they tend to get treated the same way back.
  12. Owch Crotchety SOB

FV's high population is tempered to a large extent by its ephemeral nature. Many people go there just to play Colorforms with purchased raid gear, only to leave once their group content godmode boners limp out and raid guilds quickly determine their lack of skill.

It's a fine server with some great guilds. Take out the tourists, though, and I would place its permanent stable population in the range of Bristlebane, Xegony, or CT, all of which have more robust end-game raid options than FV.
    Poppinfresh likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

FV is a good server with fine people.
  14. Kolani Augur

SoA let my ranger in, which is proof they don't care about gear.

Also, I think Pros cancelled Thursday raids.
  15. Kamor Lorekeeper

I've been on FV for a bit over a year. I raid on two different characters in two different guilds. I've been in three of the active raid guilds on the server, over that year. In none of those app periods, and none of the hundred pick up groups has my gear or lack of gear on any class been an issue. It's Everquest, good players in group gear can out parse, and out play mediocre raiders.
  16. ForumBoss Augur

I play there, and can confirm at least one other raid guild will tag with conflagrant (group tradeskill) armor which is quite affordable. Though there is only 1 guild clearing everything current, and another clearing most, I suspect a similar situation on other servers.
  17. p2aa Augur

Depends of the server. If we measure the success of raiding by how many guilds per server who have beaten everything in RoS, there will be probably before next expansion start 20 guilds (atm 19 sure, and one who is in T3 atm) who will have beaten every RoS raid before new expansion comes.
    From the least successful server to the best successful ones
    Bertox is the only server who doesn't have any guild fitting this criteria.
    Then you have FV, Povar, The Rathe, Tunare with 1 guild that completed everything.
    Then Erollisi Marr with 2 guilds (hopefully) finishing the content but took nearly 1 whole year to beat it.
    Then Drinal, AB, Luclin and Cazic Thule with 2 guilds that completed all content.
    Lastly, Bristlebane and Xegony with 3 guilds that completed all content.
    Poppinfresh and Maedhros like this.
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Thanks for the informative post. Though the OP probably does, I personally don't care so much about the number of guilds as much as that there one raiding in my time zone. I know some passionate forum members disagree, but actually enjoy the fv loot rules, since it gives me one thing to do , which is improving my alts (which is saving up for decent raid weapons for them, since group weapons suck).
    snailish likes this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This is a good point imo. For a raider, having reasonable time options that work with their schedule is one of the most important things.

As for FV rules, I’m one of those who isn’t a fan, but respect your preference for that rulset, sir. There’s a reason it exists, and also that it only exists in one place (and in Yimin’s Paradise, aka Brekt).
    Poppinfresh and ForumBoss like this.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Do you actually eat with that mouth? :D badmouthing something so ridiculous like "charging to enter zones." At least some specifics should be provided so we can class your experience as anecdotal and highly irregular.