Request: Add Message for Other's Taunt

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I remember reading a few months ago that new filters and such can be quite difficult to make. I don't remember the reasoning or if there was a list of what was and wasn't possible (though history makes me reasonably certain there was no list or description of what could and couldn't be).

I'd be overwhelmed with glee and appreciation if a way was introduced to identify when others use taunt (fail and success).
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the old days when we were more social we had made social keys that announced everything - incoming pull, mezzed target - you break it you own it, etc. Everyone had a key that said "Train to xxx zone, sorry" lol. I would think Main tanks could make a social very easy but if they want to use it? I doubt it. They seem embarrassed when they can't hold argo. Would be more stuff filling up the chat windows too.

This opinion is meant kindly and is just that.....an opinion. ;)
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

You're looking at the reason I am voicing the request the wrong way. But you're entitled to have and voice your opinion. You're also entitled to using filters in game that are meant to clean up your battle spam (it can even go to a minimized window that you can aptly title "spam" AND make it invisible). Or could opt to turn a lot of them off completely. You have the option. Really just depends on your opinion.

I currently don't have the option I am requesting. I'd like to have it.
  4. niente Developer

My suggestion is to make a request on the DGC Issue Tracker and see if you can get some people to vote for it. It is possible to do this, but there can be a long time between requests getting approved and then being implemented.
  5. Brohg Augur

You sure you want this? Tanking warriors use Taunt every 3s since we have class AA that makes the skill core to our generation of hate over time.
  6. Warpeace Augur

If implemented I see it filtered to my minimized spam window. If someone needs to taunt up on a mob they just need to communicate.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I can see every time a wizard nukes and a necro dots, it doesn't mean it's on my screen. But it available for reference when needed. It can be used to coach and learn. It can be used to identify culprits.

There's an anonymity I would like lifted. Yes I am sure.

Thanks niente! I'll do that.
    Allayna and Brohg like this.
  8. Daedly Augur

I personally would rather see numerical messages for aggro be displayed.

Something along the lines of "PC has shown # of aggression against NPC!". Basically the same type of messaging you would see for damage spells or melee damage.

Then not only would you gain the ability to see who is doing what, you would also be able to directly parse the amount of aggro generation against an NPC.

Though, i am not sure with the amount of text messages and log writing that would happen if it could cause preformance issues.
  9. Denial_Sinfae Augur

For any likeminded individuals who might like to +1 this, I created the issue here:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2197

For those of you with your own alternate ideas, I encourage you to open your own case.
  10. Thraine Augur

the gnolls in south karana used to bark at you when you taunted them .. that was about the closest we ever got to knowing when someone was taunting i think
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There are still some old npcs that respond with text when taunted, no?

Don’t recall which...city guard types, maybe?
  12. p2aa Augur

You can yet see if a taunt was successful or not, does the mob turn to the player that used taunt.
    I'm not particularly favorable to more spam, but if it would be implemented, it would be nice to add an option to hide it completely from any chat window if you don't want to see it. As said, warriors tanking use taunt each time it's up so not sure people want to see this message in their spam window.
  13. Angahran Augur

If implemented I'd like to see it for players and pets.
    e.g. 4 filters.
    Player Taunt Success
    Player Taunt Failure
    Pet Taunt Success
    Pet Taunt Failure
  14. Frael Elder

An 'I'll teach you to interfere with me, playername' type message. I miss that.
    Yinla and Sheex like this.
  15. lancelove Augur

I personally liked the days when there was no message on who woke the mob and it would beat up the chanter :)