ROS rk3 spell acquisition in TBL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

To whom it may concern-

Assuming TBL is a non level increase expansion, and given previous non level increase expansions where the new spells per class were few, please consider allowing TBL rk 3 spells to also give ROS rk3. Or add in ROS rk3 spells to currency vendors for purchase with ROS or TBL raid currency.

Sincerely, the majority of the raiders who do not have all their ROS rk3 spells
    Annastasya, Evurkvest, Yimin and 4 others like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It worked great with the TDS->TBM transistion. :)
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Kinadorm Augur

While your at it throw some extra spell runes in the RoS heroic armor raid chests. The spell drops in RoS are way to scarce for the amount needed by raiders. I think most people are still missing a lot of spells.
    Annastasya and Yimin like this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya this system worked really well. You could select the previous expansions spells with the current spell runes. I'm all for this if we only have a select few spells this expansion, like most non-level increase expansions.
  5. Mediik Augur

Great post. I was going to mention this concern a while back.

So Lunacy Unbound has been clearing RoS since June. We calculated based on weekly clearing where events drop between 2-6 spells, it will take roughly 2 years with current rates to outfit the guild. Not to mention people leave, you fill their spot and you have to start all over again.

Current drop rate is BAD compared to previous expansions. This will be one of the first expansions i’ll be skipping for certain spells..

I think this could use some attention.

Oh.. let’s not forget...My Alts have needs too!
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I was also planning to post this suggestion once beta opened up. :)
  7. Intenso Augur

Everyone dosnt need every spell? If u want them keep farming ros ?
  8. kizant Augur

2 years sounds crazy. Stop getting rk3s of crap spells you don't use or shouldn't be using.
    Pirlo and Sancus like this.
  9. Atvar Augur

Why weren't runes on the raid vendor to begin with? It's been done in the past. I'm still looking to finish out my spell book, yet I have 1000+ raid currency that is unusable.
    Venau, Yinla and Allayna like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

Been clearing the expansion on farm since Feb, same issue, mains that still lack spells.
    Annastasya likes this.
  11. Mediik Augur

I think it's a reasonable thing to be able to attain Rank3 spells during current content, while those spells are current. At least before I replace them with Rank1 spells for the next expansion(which might be 2 months away.. I dunno). Otherwise... what's the point?

I don't know if spells will be increased next expansion or not.. I do know that the only guild on the server clearing current content can't get enough rank 3 spells then something is wrong with drop rates.

To be clear.. we prioritize spells and people get the most important first. Yet there are still so many rank3 spells that people won't obtain. If all these spells are crap.. fine, don't make as many rank3.. but here we have..more rank 3 spells than we can reasonably attain. So either make less rank3 spells or increase current drop rates either is a reasonable solution. I imagine one route would be much less work to "fix" the issue.
  12. Mediik Augur

Whats the point of farming for Rank3 spells after ROS? Depending on how the next expansion play, there is no point. so why not make them attainable during ROS.. that's the point.

If we were talking about rank2 spells, where there was some "limit" on attaining them be before the next expansion, I think the general consensus would be much different.

I'd like to finish current rank3 spells during the current expansion while those spells are considered current. I don't think that's unreasonable.
  13. segap Augur

They'll likely remain "current" for at least another year if not two. That said, I did like the way TBM runes covered both TBM and TDS spells.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Mediik Augur

Nope.

As soon as a new expansion comes into play Mobs get increased, gear gets increased, AA's increase, all of which will effect spells in different ways. It may still be the best "spell rank" we can get, it's still a spell from last expansion and we won't be able to try it when current.
  15. Mediik Augur

16. Sancus Augur

wut
  17. Mediik Augur

wut wut..
  18. kizant Augur

Just because they make the spells doesn't mean you have to collect them. Wizards have at least 14 spells in RoS that aren't worth getting. Ever.
    Pirlo likes this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

I have 1 rnk 3 spell from RoS, Volley, a 107 spell. Been raiding since early spring.

I expect that we get a few new spells in TBL, which will set me further back.

I do not have an expectation of getting all rnk 3 spells, but I would love to be able to have my main rotations with rnk 3s.

Playing with bazaar bought rnk 2.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah, spell drops for this expansion were a little on the low side (or low end side maybe?).
    Minors/Lessers are going to alts sometimes, anything higher is still in demand by mains.

A TBM model where we got a few new toys + they were usable for last expansion would work.

Ideally they'd be available on the vendor though with the same coins we use for gear.