Lets talk shop rogues

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bahdah, Oct 10, 2018.

1. mackal Augur

They're hitting the hard damage cap?
  2. Brohg Augur

Max hit was changed this year from 1M to 6M. You should be good for a very long time
  3. Proximoe Elder

Request we move this to the Guild Recruitment tab
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  4. Repthor Augur

Sush proxi we like it here
    Proximoe likes this.
  5. Covennx Augur

It seems to be hitting some sort of cap. Parsing Heresh (187/19 104bs dmg) vs Bristle (187/19 1 poi dmg, 105bs dmg), the min and max BS hit are identical between them. Same augs, same buffs.

https://imgur.com/a/WRB6fDS
  6. Covennx Augur

Ignore above. I wasn't even thinking about massive strike being a backstab skill attack.
  7. segap Augur

Perhaps that's what got me in my previous tests as well.
  8. Covennx Augur

I'll try to get back to the point of this post.

So, I've been gone the majority of the last 5 years, but since playing again, the biggest thing I have noticed is the lack of overall dmg from backstab. It seems BS is ~20% of our overall damage now, but it really should be more. I'm not sure if this is because the buffed up the normal attacks, or they haven't scaled BS dmg like they should. If we have the back of the mob, we should be the top melee dps, hands down.

What I would like to see:

1. Get our BS damage to ~30% of our dps, not by reducing our regular melee. More Mrylokar's Rigor, more Triple backstab, more Assassin's Wrath, different disc/disc focuses?
    2. Changes to Chaotic Stab. Higher ranks allow 75-80% chance to double/triple backstab when not behind.
    3. Pernicious Backstab, Crank that up to "Increases the minumum damage of your backstab attacks by 5000" or more.
    4. I'd also like to see our melee skills the same as other melee. Yes, 10 skill points isn't much, but its the principle. A pure melee class shouldn't be less skilled at double or triple attack than another pure melee, or a hybrid.
    5. Then all the other normal upgraded AA's, Discs, etc...
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I literally exclaimed “oh dear” irl and the monocle fell out of my eye socket, only to crash to the ground and shatter dramatically.

Where you been, skillet? You’re never online anymore :(.
    Seeit, Sniffiles, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  10. Tolzol Augur

He needs his beauty rest before beta/progression lol.
    Bahdah and Sancus like this.
  11. Behelit Augur

Welcome to the club, Zerker's Frenzy sits at anywhere from 5-8% of our total dmg/dps output. Even though you'd think the Devs would want Frenzy/Backstab/Flying Kick to make up a substantial part of our dps so we aren't as effected by adps like HHE, triple/flurry mods, and the other "monsters" that effect autoattack dps. And because Rogues have become more like Zerkers with a larger portion of dps now coming from autoattack you see a more severe dropoff in dps between burn/nonburn. I'd be curious where Flying Kick stands with Monks atm.

But I agree would like to see Backstab/Frenzy/Flying Kick be more meaningful to the 3 melee classes.
  12. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

I am not really impressed with some of the things we are getting in Beta. It's just more of the same.

I was hoping that we could see more of an increase to DPS to put us aligned with Zerkers.
  13. Bealum New Member

Yeah a ranger that isnt restricted to any side of mob to do max damage but can sit safely in the distance with his warm blanky pressing one single button , wait forgot about auto attack! Too easy to play a ranger. You want a challenging and fun class, not a simple class to play then make a rogue. Ranger ..yeah ok when I'm old and only want to press 2 buttons ..snare then range attack I'll make a ranger.

Imagine a rogue with a snare disc that lasts minutes and their throwing daggers do same damage as backstab and from any angle , see what I mean? Too easy
  14. Fintank Augur

Lol a rogue calling any other DPS class simple is awesome
  15. DaciksBB Augur

Spotted a TLP player
    Jhenna_BB and Proximoe like this.
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Wouldn't Fellstrike be the biggest BS hitter? Or were you just running a parse with just BS key for the max hit.

Its 3116 base backstab plus the 35% bonus from AA line.
    vs
    Massive Strike being 1600 base backstab.
  17. kyong Augur

I think the change to add backstab min dmg via AA to 10,000 dmg was a nice plus.

I'd like to see more Mrylokar's rigor myself.

I think a big change for us that wouldn't be outside the real of possibility is throwing in the ability to use things like Daggerslice as a temp buff instead of disc window.

Weird stuff I think about are another weapon slot for procs only. (would love to put my vanders bane in it lol) Would be neat for rogues to use throwing daggers while auto attacking.
  18. Olarra New Member

OK its not DPS that a rogue needs its things that make others want a rogue in the group. As i always seem to be telling people Blackguard synergy and Thief Eyes are the only thing a rogue Contributes other then DPS if want it so more rogues don't get passed up by others then simply make the rogue more useful in group situation. hay how about we let the rogue apply poison to others in the group or let the rogue share our burns with others in the group. do that and you will see rogues in every raid.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Rogues already can pass out poisons to others and have a burn boost to group via shadow flanking. They also can be quite effective pullers and shared stealth can be very useful.

Caster Group
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks)
    1: Increase Rear Arc Melee Damage by 5%
  20. Olarra New Member

ok tell me how my rogue can apply bite of the shissar on a anyone else but myself. as for the burn boost yea thats nice but i mean let my RF and TC hit my entire group.