Lets talk shop rogues

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bahdah, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Bahdah Augur

We gotta make a move to boost - not so much, I would like our class to stand out a little more, not OPZERK way but somewhat standing in the field with them. I mean we are pure melee too.

We can agree the rogue life is tough, specially without the proper adps - which we depend on to put up some numbers.

Im not here asking or complaining to nerf any classes - i mean that would just put a dent in our raid force - Its just exhausting when classes other than rogues are neck n neck on combines.

Rogues can hit me up here on the forums/ ingame ( [tell xegony.bahdah ) or ingame email if you want to throw in some ideas ect. ect. I'll be in Beta also.

ps Rogues do have a serverwide channel serverwide.thering:(hit me up for pw). I'd like to see more in there o.0.
    Maedhros, Astral64, Tucoh and 2 others like this.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I never play my rogue anymore. ROS raid daggers and all. Kind of makes me sad.

But I do have two 110 zerkers for boxing fun.

smh
  3. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Depending on the fight, some Zerkers can double the DPS that I do and I feel like I am one of the better rogues in this game. That is silly, as the only reasoning for this is that they gave us Smokescreen to single pull some.

I'm down to take that away and boost our dps. 99% of the time, a rogue is not the group puller anyway.
    Bahdah likes this.
  4. Bahdah Augur

One of the better rogues eh? Do you like to raid, Mizen?
    Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's more fun to pull with the tank and burn down more anyway.
    Mizen Baenre likes this.
  6. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Yup, in Ring of Valor since 2005 <3
  7. Repthor Augur

I think you missunderstod him. He said do you like to raid?
    Bahdah likes this.
  8. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

I think you misspelled misunderstood really bad.
    Wayylon and Bahdah like this.
  9. Repthor Augur

10. Repthor Augur

Its true. Im so ashamed
  11. Bahdah Augur

Sooooo.....
    Sancus and Astral64 like this.
  12. Astral64 Augur

Make rogues and monks .
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Soddan New Member

Hrm where do I start , how about give back some crap they gave us ie AA - Pet Discipline - The last AA I purchased figured hey this is 30 AA ill get back someday - Phantom Assassin Disc - Cant even use it on raids don't need it in group game just give us Silent Stabbing for a short time. AA Backstab Precision hasn't had an update since TDS same as Weapon Proficiency . I think our burst of power AA should be the same as other pure melee , maybe 18 delay daggers - Twisted Chance comes back in 8 minutes be nice if everything else came back so we could burn every 8 minutes :)

Soddan
  14. Behelit Augur

you're actually in a fine place right now, please remain seated while the Rogue gentlemen speak.
  15. Fintank Augur

First step to increasing rogue DPS is: Make a Ranger.
    Tallie and Lyquid like this.
  16. Durris Journeyman

We need something this expac. I do not see any guilds recruiting rogues.
  17. Sancus Augur

svann and Thunderkiks like this.
  18. Brohg Augur

We're not hyperactively recruiting rogues, because we already have 3, but neither would an ambitious applicant be turned down.
  19. Durris Journeyman

I stand corrected.
  20. segap Augur

I pretty much gave my opinion here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/rogue-ideas.250713/#post-3690747

What I don't want is more spam buttons. I don't want to become like Monks and Berserkers with two bars of buttons to mash. I could also do without useless fluff like shared sos. Just some good upgrades to our bread and butter discs.

Also, last time I did some parse testing of various weapons (over a year ago, so it could be invalid now), it seemed we were hitting a cap on backstab damage. The max hit was no different for TDS and EoK raid weapons. The distribution shifted upwards with the higher damage weapons, but impact of the new weapons wasn't very significant. I haven't bothered testing at 110 to see if the level cap increased the damage cap. Regardless, it would be good if they can make sure we're actually getting a dps boost with better weapons rather than just spreadsheeting a new ratio.