ROS Collector's & Premium Mount Speeds?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, Oct 9, 2018.

1. KermittheFroglok Augur

Ignoring AA & mount flagging, does anyone know how fast the Cockatrice Mount or Bridle of the Balefire Wyvern normally are? (i.e. What velocity shows up from these mounts if you don't have an AA that would impact your speed, and your character hasn't been flagged as having used a fast mount)

Thank you kindly!
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Guess they cap at 75?

I use the forward+strafe trick to boost it a little bit, probably lost on not running in a straight line.
  3. Rickate Augur

New Level 2 character (tutorial a), Wyvern: Velocity 75
    Different new Level 2 character, Cockatrice: Velocity 75
  4. Duhbeast Augur

It was pretty awesome of the devs to have a raid speed mount again! VP mount is 85 (95 strafing I believe) I got the collectors edition mount because the thing is beautiful, if only it had a landing click as well. It looks like you already got your answer, so just wanted to comment about mounts in general.

[IMG]
    Tierwyn likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Raid speed mounts are not a big deal since they made it that all Marketplace and new (post-UF?) mounts inherit the fastest runspeed that you have available to you. All that people needed to do is either get a Luclin one or do the MG anniversary event and they have it for all of them pretty much.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Golden Ticket and glowing drum also.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Critts Augur

Pretty sure the RoS raid mount goes faster then all mounts, but it also increases the speed of all the other mounts you own to it’s speed.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Both the mounts you are asking about are 75 velocity.

Yes the raid mount Bridle of the Imprisoned Sokoar is said to be 85 velocity - not having one I have no way to test that.The normal non raid fastest mounts are 75 velocity.

You can check velocity by running on your mount then clicking the stat tab on your inventory screen and look for velocity. As others have said you only need one of the fastest mounts to make all mounts that fastest speed. So go for the easiest or cheapest to get the fastest then go for the skins (look)

This is handy: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Items_Mounts
    Ladene likes this.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

Yep, bought it and they're 75 velocity w/ no flags. The Balefire Wyvern looks AMAZING, probably the coolest mount I've seen, so I'd recommend spending the extra $25 to upgrade to premium if you already have the collector's edition.
    Ladene and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I didn't realize (or at least remember) that they'd made the RoS raid mount that fast. Makes sense with as plentiful as Fast2 mounts are.
  11. Warpeace Augur

This would be correct.
  12. Bobokin Augur

This is the new EQ. Raiders have to be one better at everything.

As long as we are talking speed, how fast is the fastest Bard and drum?
  13. Rickate Augur

Selo's Sonata from a 105 Bard with auto-grant AA is 76 Velocity, that's what I buff characters with that don't leave Bazaar and/or Guild Hall.
  14. Lianeb Augur

How is that new?
    Raid mounts have always been the fastest in game since introduction, until they started giving away the same speed in LoN and the market place
  15. Bobokin Augur

Wouldn't it be nice if a bard's percussion modifier would work with some mounts.