Test Update 10/9/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Catashe Augur

yea but i was wondering cause the patch hasn't gone live yet but the AA window already says 30%
  2. Themisto New Member

Any Idea on mana cost of Force of elements? will it be minimal? will it be same as wizards? (I dont play a wizard so if anyone know wizards aa cost that would be helpful also)
  3. Sancus Augur

It's 2200 mana at the highest rank, and is not affected by mana pres.

If you use it on cooldown, it's approximately 100 less mana/second, 6k per minute, 60k over ten minutes, etc. It's not insignificant, but it is offest by the EU nerf, since we won't have the 75% mana cost increase for 3 minutes anymore.

Force doesn't add very much DPS (something like 2-3%), so one option if it creates issues is to just not use it.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Not to mention with the horrendous lag, using it can hinder your DMG...
    Sancus likes this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Nerf mages!

Too soon?

The EU-nerf is silly, Currently, it is de facto removing an AA from the game. I can’t recall having magic burned ever on purpose....
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Well, the name of the new expac is "The Burning Lands". You may need to execeute those magic burns soon due to fire bouncing...
  7. Metanis Bad Company

The command /tribute trophy on isn't working. /tribute personal on works fine however.
  8. josh Augur

I would imagine that the EU change is the first step to boost mages magic damage so they don't have to rely on a single element. But even if that is the case, the devs keep implementing balance changes over multiple patches and this is infuriating. It's putting us in a situation where live is constantly broken in one way or another. Stop putting broken, unfinished things on live servers.

Some things have to be rolled out incrementally so they can be tested before the next iteration can be balanced, i get this, but let the test server test it, leave it on there until you have enough data to make the next set of changes and once the whole change is ready, put it on live. live should probably lag behind test by a month anyway. I'm just sick of how constantly broken live is, it's infuriating.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The command doesn't work for trophies that cost 0 tribute while active, like tradeskill trophies. You can still turn it on via the tribute window button.

Edit: Also, I'm at work but that command looks like it might be wrong. Isn't it "/trophy personal on"?
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes it is.
  11. Iribabh Augur

Haven't seen any response from dev's regarding broken druid Remote line of spells that has been reported since last patch. It is not healing target of target. Bumping this.

Pretty significant bug for Druids.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is less about swarming nerf than it is about fixing a bug. Should have always been 5% per, but the aa was set at 100% from the start. Is a nerf, yes, but really a bug fix. Question we should ask is, shouldn't double riposte be higher than 30% when mob strikethrough is going to reduce it even further?
  13. kizant Augur

Been busy and missed a few things. That black wolf change is really nice. Not a big gain but much less annoyance for wiz.
  14. mmats Augur

There is no reason for Bite of Tashani to have a cast time added. Mages got to keep the instant cast status of Wind of Malaise when it was consolidated with the malo spell line...

Hoping the cast time can be corrected before going live.
    Metanis, Tucoh, Cailen and 3 others like this.
  15. Natal Augur

He has responded to my PMs in the past. Maybe you are not as polite as you think?
  16. Sancus Augur

To whom are you referring?
  17. Natal Augur

18. Natal Augur

You misunderstand what those numbers mean. Suppose you have a 5% chance to double riposte on a riposte (or whatever), a 110% increase to that would result in your chance to double riposte becoming 10.5%. So, for that ability you get a 5% base chance, with the possibility of it increasing to 11.5% depending on what level AA you have.

That language refers to a percentage of a percentage.
  19. Sancus Augur

Yeah, that's not who Cleaver was talking about.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

Did ya'll ever fix the traps in Earth A?