Fellowship size request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maesin_FV, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think fellowships work fine at their current size. And the reason for not expanding them to 16 is then people would want them expanded to 20. Basically people just want instant travel for as many of their toons they think Daybreak would go along with. Let's just leave it where it is.

The original idea was to let friends gather faster to play eq. Nowadays fellowships get filled up with boxes more then anything else. I find it hard to believe people have MORE varied folks they are playing regularly with then they did when fellowships were introduced. Whats changed is a lot more boxes.

OR I guess they could pay to win a bit and allow fellowships made up of exclusively premium memberships to go above 12. So anyone willing to pay 150 bucks for multiple expansions would be good to go. Seriously.... lets leave it where it is.

All that being said I wouldn't have a hard time with them raising it. Just not sure its necessary. Have a mage in your fellowship and that removes a lot of the issue with getting to hard camps deep in a dungeon.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like the idea of a 2nd fellowship, I have a fiends in my fellowship which I group with regularly, but on the occasions when I help out others in the guild it would be nice to join a 2nd fellowship temporarly for that play session, rather than have to keep moving fellowship especially if we get another dungeon like HS with 3rd partisan starting where the 2nd one leaves off. :D
  3. Zamiam Augur

I would like to be able set campfire with only 2 peeps on ..

also why couldnt we have 2 fellowships with 2 clicky CF insignia's and peeps from the main Fellowship can drop a CF for the 2nd fellowship or vise versa ..

I'm ok with it how it is , but there is always room for improvements :p
    Greymantle likes this.
  4. Gnomereaper Augur

12 months to release a small expansion versus every 6 months we had a large expansion followed by a small expansion.

I know a guy with one account and 3 level 110 characters and a few others who do box and have a few max level characters and building alternative characters on those accounts. 110 was released last year and there's a snails pace now with content releasing which means you can have more alts with the slower release of expansions. With smaller expansion releases and a slower cycle, it means more character generation. In more character generation this leads towards more characters, and people want to maintain that convenience for all their characters.

This is a change in game design led to a change in player play style and choices. It's not just for boxes, but it's also for people who maintain a healthy fellowship by allowing their friends to be a part of the journey with their newer and growing numbers of characters. Just with more alts since there's less content go through now.
  5. Zamiam Augur

lol like what you did there :p ^^
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I still haven't heard any proposals better than making it 12 accounts. It keeps it to 12, as DBG wants, but then accounts for those 12 people having alts. So, you can participate in the fellowship, regardless of which char you are on at the moment.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I guess that would be great for people camping lore items they could bring in alt after alt while camping. I just think 12 accounts would be way too much of a boost to boxers.

I think that would be a bit overkill and doesn't really keep the spirit of things. Maybe going from 12 to 15 members if anything.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The main reason I suggested 12 accounts is that I like to play with the same group of people whether I'm on Fanra (druid) or my monk (same account). However, there just isn't enough room in the fellowship for them both.

I'm not the only one in my fellowship who also has this issue. Really, we play with people, not toons, and we want to group with the same people and have the abilities to campfire and fellowship chat no matter which toon we are on.

It's not a huge issue. I just think it would be nice.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not saying you're wrong, but my feeling is, so what? If it's a boost to boxers, they'll want to play (and sub) more.

And you're not saying it wouldn't be a boost to non-boxers, just perhaps not as big of a boost. But still a boost. So maybe they would want to play (and sub) more.

Sounds like a win to me.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I am not following the logic here. QOL improvements that might be beneficial to boxers should be disregarded? Boxing is a big reason this game is still here today imo. Sure there is always the potential for abuse but that can be said about most things in EQ and in life. If we only look at the potential negatives of any change and let that fear be the driving force we would never move forward with anything productive. The question I have to ask is at the end of the day how would this change potentially have a negative impact on you? Odds are what ever perceived negative impacts these changes might have on you or others are fairly slim while the positives for those that are requesting this change will not be perceived but actual positives. As far as keeping with the spirit of things I think we are well beyond that point with a very large percentage of fellowships already consisting of just one or two players with their alts.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think its far too large of a boost.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would allow stockpiling tradeable lore items in a big way. I could see it causing people to hold camps longer also.

It would make far more sense to slighting increase the number of characters and likely take less dev time. Even then I don't see a big need for it. Basically we have a feature some players want to be made better. Why? Because they want better.

Now all this is only my opinion. I would benefit greatly from them making it 12 accounts but I don't think it is a good idea.
  13. Laronk Augur

If that's all you want to do (stockpile tradeable lore items) its really easy to just swap people in and out of a fellowship
  14. Conq Augur

This doesn't help boxers more than anyone else. Boxers have mages. Duh.
    Conq
  15. Aurastrider Augur

For the farmers out there they can already do this with the current system and it's so simple. Again your fear of abuse is not valid since current methods already in game allow for looting of as many lore items as a person has toons if they know what they are doing and trust me the people you have concerns about are already holding those camps down. This change wont impact them in the positive ways you think. If you are talking about no trade items we might see higher camp times on some items but in reality players that intend to camp gear for x number of toons will be there for the same amount of time. This just cuts down on moving each toon there one by one and cuts down on time sinks. This would result in less waste in terms of rots also.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

It's actually much more simple than doing this with the right class you can do it without having to even log in any extra toons ever for looting or giving them the item.
  17. Leigo You come here often?

How about removing the 20hr lockout if you leave a fellowship and join another?
  18. Zamiam Augur

wiz/druid if CF is already set they can port to Pok send item(s) thru parcel service to any toons then clicky back to camp if CF not up bind at spot then gate to pok.. ?
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Yep and with fast reuse port clickies it can even be done with any class really. Any toon could get in primary anchor, secondary anchor, and drunkard Stein twice per hour basically giving even non port classes roughly 4 ports per hour to parcel. This doesn't even take into account origin and expendable clickies.
  20. Zamiam Augur

true .. did not think about non port classes.. with all the clicky ports also doable ..:p