PSA: Don't poke the bear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

After reading some of the comments in the latest Test Update thread, I thought of this... enjoy.

PSA: Poking the bear is bad. Mmmkay.

Typical day in the life of a game developer/designer:
    1. Wakes up... birds singing... gets coffee... smile on the face.. "ah hello world"
    2. Drives to work... dang traffic... grrr..
    3. Logs in... what the... another freaking update... Do these IT guys realize I need to work?!
    4. After 2 forced OS restarts (thank you IT), finally back to work
    5. "Hey lets check out the forums real quick".... wtf.... huh... are you kidding me... WHAT?!
    6. Pounds desk... sits there with head in hands a while... "I hate my life"
    7. Boss comes by... "I need your work checked in for a build by lunch today"
    8. Grumbles to self... "sure thing boss man. Anything for you" says in head "I hate you"
    9. Opens up the quest was working the day before... changes number of hooves to be collected from demons from 5 to 30. Changes the drop rate chance of hooves from 50% to 15%. Chuckles to self.
    10. Reads the forums a little more.... Exclaims "DIE IN A FIRE!!!"
    11. Opens quest back up... Changes the drop rate chance of hooves from 15% to .001%. Adds random roaming bears with raid level attacks to the area.
    12. Reads the forums a little more.... That's it!!! To hell with you all!
    13. Opens quest back up... Adds zone wide area effect of poison DoT that requires you complete the signature quest lines of the past two expansions including all raid content to negate the effect.
    14. So mad that he doesn't do an update in SVN before checking the code in. Exclaims something about hating life. Goes to lunch and eats entirely too many tacos because comfort food!
    Again... Don't poke the bear.
    Ngreth Thergn and Herf like this.
  2. Eriadoc Elder

Meh, nice narrative, but I'm not convinced they use SVN.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I wonder which posts motivated the alcoholic vampires in Skyfire.
    Spellfire and Tierwyn like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

I'm sure the Dev's can check and see when an inflammatory post was made by an account that's not logged on since the player rage quit during PoP but still this is not bad advice
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. Warpeace Augur

Communication is a two way street. However when respectful feedback is given and ignored then heavy nerfs follow its kind of telling.
    moogs, Barton and Tierwyn like this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Boss should nip that in the bud real quick.
  8. Kaylord New Member

how are you only going to tell half the story.... what happens after the tacos???
    Risiko, Prathun and Tierwyn like this.
  9. DaciksBB Augur