Update on server downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Zamiam Augur

so Roxxlyy & Hludwolf got the short end of the straw and got stuck staying the night shift just to post on the forums , I seriously doubt anyone is working on the issue at hand atm.. It's difficult for me to contemplate why a Team of professional (IT, programmers,technicians, designers) cant figure out why we cant log in and IF they do know, why they can't fix it within umm 16+ hours..
    Zbomb likes this.
  2. Kywen Augur

I had to find something to cheer myself up, so bummed that it's still down.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I can understand Hludwolf being there since he is the lead programmer. Considering the lead is still here I imagine they are still working on things. If he calls it a night we should be concerned or at least concerned about any potential of the game coming back online before sunrise.
  4. Roxxors Lorekeeper

First, it was not a patch, so there is nothing to rollback. It was a firmware update, most likely required by their contract with the vendor.

If the update bricked a server/router/switch and it won't boot, options are limited if you don't have an old spare on hand that wasn't updated.

You would need to order a new part, even overnight shipping is gonna take many hours.

You could call the vender and have then fly out a tech with the old firmware (if it's not soldered in) to replace it (or the whole mainboard is it is). Still gonna take many hours.

The estimated downtime is if everything goes as planned. When it doesn't, all bets are off.

People would come to me with problems and ask when I could have it done. My usual answer was a couple to three days (even if I thought it would only take 4 hours). When I pooped out the fix in 6 hours, they were very happy.

If I had told them 4 hours and they told others 4 hours, and planed for it, and it still took me 6 hours, everyone would have been pissed.

That's probably why they don't communicate as much as you would like, they know what is gonna happen...

Bottom line is never give them any expectations for an ETA.
    Repo likes this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Pics of your cancellation screen or it didn't happen
    Drogba likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

I've pretty much come to terms that EQ won't be avail before tomorrow late morning to early afternoon if that.. I wont be funding their payroll anymore this year .. we'll see about next ..
  7. Zamiam Augur

lol too funny got past the login screen but now servers are down rofl
  8. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Not down, locked. Servers are up but not accepting players yet. They are probably testing it
  9. Elyee Lorekeeper

Launcher works .. all servers locked
  10. Elyee Lorekeeper

ALL SERVERS UP
  11. Zamiam Augur

if i cant get on then its down .. whether its locked or down to me its same difference , however i guess since i can get to the server screen that is progress .. and its going in the right direction even if it took them 17 hours and still counting
  12. Zamiam Augur

for how long this time

I won't be holding my breath
  13. Roxxors Lorekeeper

<QUOTE>" If i cant get on then its down .. whether its locked or down to me its same difference , however i guess since i can get to the server screen that is progress .. and its going in the right direction even if it took them 17 hours and still counting "</QUOTE>

Well, that's YOUR problem. The servers are still up...
  14. Daedly Augur

I just was able to log in, fyi.
  15. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Servers are up and running again.
  16. Nightmares Augur

As of 2:15am EST the login servers were working and readily available. However they apparently pushed some of next weeks update into the maintenance / emergency patch work. The Double Reposte nerf is in effect already, even though it was announced to Test literally yesterday when they started the maintenance. Other Pieces were also pushed, so be aware, read the test notes and keep your eyes open.
  17. Xeris Augur

I'm a man of my word. I'll resub if they fix their .

[IMG]
  18. Snowman Augur

So a 2 hour maintenance patch turns into being down all day - what is gona happen in December ??? expansion launches tuesday at 11am - severs come up friday at 4:30 pm ......
  19. Brohg Augur

and coastal cities drown in the tears of one-time forum posters, opening up whole new real estate opportunities for the rest of us!
  20. Zoso Journeyman

I don't even want to think about that. They'll have 3 people on the clock at launch and 2 of them will be policing/censoring the forums.