Reasons Why We Love EverQuest!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hungryhalfling, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hungryhalfling New Member

Hey all you guys that work on this game, just wanted to shout out there and say thank you! It's got to be the best game I've ever played and it's incredibly special to me.

Thank you guys at Daybreak for all of your hard work and for all that you do, each and every one of you!

Thought it would be cool to use this as a place to give some thanks and reasons why we love this game instead of the usual "we need to be compensated - or this is unacceptable."

I'll start, feel free to join in and tell your reasons why!

Well, one of the reasons I love this game is all the cool people I've gotten to meet over the years! There are a lot of good people and friends I would never have made had there been no EverQuest. Also, I've had some of the most exciting adventures like being part of raiding dragons' lairs and the joys of helping out new people - there's just so many reasons I love this game. And the world and lore are just so very dear and real to my heart.

Common, guys - let's show our appreciation, let's see those reasons you love this game!
    Incredible and Fanra like this.
  2. Ruven_BB Augur

When my employee's screw something up in a very public way, telling that I appreciate all that they do while they are cleaning up their mess isn't something I have ever done, nor would recommend.

How the mess is handled and fixed, is what matters, and if said mess was fixed appropriately, some props may be given, provided the issues don't arise in the future.

Ruven
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

ya lets not .. like when a dog pisses or craps in the house and you praise instead of scold , he keeps doing it ..

when the Dev's screw up they need to hear it .. otherwise they are going to think its acceptable when its not
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

In Danish we have the word menneskesyn, it means the way a person thinks and feels about other people, I do not know if it translates. The menneskesyn represented in above formulation is quite saddening.

#ironyisthickfromametaperspective
  5. Raisehell Lorekeeper

devs made no screw up. theyre trying to merge 1999 garage coding with 2018 universal coding. Thats no easy task. random is bound to happen
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

I think everyone is missing the point, or you're all just upset over something different than I. All they needed to do, was when sh*t hit the fan after an extra 2-3 hours of downtime, and they weren't close to fixing the problem, is TELL us. "We're very sorry, but at this time we are unable to fix the problem, we are working nonstop to fix it, and we will update periodically. Downtime undetermined."

I know most people who have days off/busy schedules/raids were sitting around clicking trying to get in all night, because they thought the problem was 'almost' fixed.
    Pirlo and Allayna like this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

^^ this exactly
  8. xcitng Augur

They told us as much as they knew, ty devs for working hard to get us back in the game!!!
  9. Nifty Slacker Augur

Is this the right thread if I want to thank DBG for nerfing us all the time?
    Koryu and Tierwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.