Update on server downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Ronove Lorekeeper

2. Khat_Nip Meow

You're being childish.
    You have zero idea what their code and infrastructure entails.
  3. Bman New Member

I'm sure EQ Em ul ator will let you use there login servers till you get yours figured out. Makes me want to fire up my old EQ server from back when Sony owned the content.
  4. Ronove Lorekeeper

[IMG]

You're absolutely right, my apologies
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I always wondered what the RNG generator for EQ looked like.
    Andarriel and Ronove like this.
  6. Xeris Augur

The login to the everquest website is also broken... I'm trying to access my manage account page to cancel my subscriptions. This is beyond stupid and if the remedy is bonus XP i'll be really disappointed.
    Ronove likes this.
  7. Elyee Lorekeeper

Silly people who value time ... we're all immortal anyway right? I'm in the cloud anyway, and my memories are all backed up on Daybreaks servers so it's fiiiinnnn@%$^&*...............
    Ronove likes this.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Not going to give a good grade on execution on this.

If your going to maintain something, you shouldn't break it while your at it.

Ruven
    Andarriel and Ronove like this.
  9. Sindace Elder

EQ Devs: At this point, can you please just bundle together any of the monthly maintenance on one day? Not piece it together and ruin multiple days? Every downtime results in massive overruns. The log-in server magically breaks every single time you do anything. Why not just admit this, and ruin one entire day a month, rather than claiming you can do it in 2-6 hours, then break it all day long for multiple days in a month?
    Graves likes this.
  10. Ronove Lorekeeper

yeah this is really effin stupid. Where do I line up to pre order the new stuff?!
  11. McDougal Augur

At this point is just getting weird.
  12. Sindace Elder

You mean hour 16 of a 2 hour patch? I'd say that's fair.
    McDougal likes this.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I agree this is a bit of a fail even for EQ standards when it comes to patch days. Currently at the 16 hour mark and 5 hours since I have seen any information (could be a post some place I missed). At the rate we are going tomorrows patch will start before the servers are even brought back online.
  14. McDougal Augur

Trying to be nice LOL
  15. Zamiam Augur

after this mess up .. I want a Dev combat dummy... :p
    McDougal likes this.
  16. Elyee Lorekeeper

What I wonder is why they haven't made some statement to help provide some sense of what they are working on or what the plan is, since many people have a random character in game here and there. Daybreak needs to remember that their customer service and professional integrity is on the line when these types of mistakes happen, more than ever.
  17. Ronove Lorekeeper

Id say someone quit
    McDougal likes this.
  18. Pleasantvalley Journeyman

Kywen that video made my day.
  19. McDougal Augur

Ahh conspiracy theory but maybe not a bad one.
  20. Zamiam Augur

It's because they have all gone home for the night .. you think they are actually there working on the "problem" lol .. last word we had from them was like 4 or 5 hours ago .. they packed up and said " lets all go home and get some rest will come back fresh and work on it in the AM"
  21. Febb Augur

Use their Staff Tracker, it's right at the top of the forums. They have been posting updates all night long.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?recent-activity/
    Brohg and Thunderkiks like this.