Can't log in - Servers "up"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by haaaalp, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I look forward to reading the rest of your blog, and listening to the podcast on this subject. Where can I find it?
  2. UndeadBob Journeyman

Wow, this would almost be laughable if I wasn't spending real dollars to play this game.

How did a predicted 2 hour down time turn into a EIGHT AND A HALF HOUR (and running!) down time?

There's no way the person who typed out '2 hour down time' was able to keep a straight face while they did it.
  3. Bagaebro New Member

It's a game. Get over it. Crap happens. Go find something else to do. Take a walk, ride a bike, enjoy life...
  4. UndeadBob Journeyman

And you're doing what exactly here, Bagaebro?
  5. Blendar Journeyman

Do you sincerely think the Devs knew exactly how long they'd be down and were just like " it, tell em 2!" and ran off laughing? Do you think they enjoy the droves of people berating them and asking for reparations? Do you think they enjoy the times when you can't play their game?

Get off your high horse, and realize that sometimes problems arise, and you can't always identify exactly how long it will take to correct.
    sula likes this.
  6. Bagaebro New Member

Wanted to see if there was any update. I am actually out back grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.
    sula likes this.
  7. UndeadBob Journeyman

I'm picturing it kind of like that... yeah. One dev is practically crying because he's laughing so hard typing it out and the other one next to him has his hand on his shoulder and he can hardly speak 'cause he's laughing so hard too.

"Nono no... tell 'em.. tell 'em two! Tell 'em two hours!" xD XD XD

And that's nice that you can enjoy the weather and grilling with your laptop right next to you. Ah the great outdoors
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Customers have a right to expect the service they pay for that is right pay for, and when it is not there they have the right to complain about it. "I'mma get mad and complain about other people complainin bah" If it does not upset you that crap breaks all the time move on it matters to some of us
  9. sula Augur

well, i don't understand why, but the other thread on this is locked. thank you to the dev who told us it is a network issue. i know that some people are addicted to the game and that makes it harder to be patient. we will try to find something else to do and not bug you so much while you try to fix it.
  10. Blendar Journeyman

Complain all you want, and I'll complain all I want about all the complaining you want.

I'm totally cool with that.
  11. lovecheese45 New Member

Also unable to log in. I see others can.
  12. Banaroo New Member

Hey daybreak, your login server have issues, have you tried turn it off and on again?
    FOGBANK likes this.
  13. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

said theyre restarting them now on twitter. we'll see if that doesn't anything. doubtful.
  14. FOGBANK Lorekeeper

Ah, that explains it. From my experience, a lot of weasels work in support, so that explains your trolliness. Careful, Blendar, your ineptness is showing!
    Tierwyn likes this.
  15. LockridgeUK Journeyman

Good call! That is what they just announced - turning all the servers off, then back on again.
  16. Overcast451 Augur

It's not always that. Over the last two weeks - I've have been running almost non-stop. Between a funeral, new SAP implementation at work, replacing brakes on my wife's SUV, Nephew's birthday, yard work, and other things.. I finally get a chance to play - and EQ's dead. I probably won't get time to play again for at least 4 days.

So it's not addiction for everyone - sometimes it's RL demanding 90% of your time. I wasn't complaining earlier because I was busy with chores at home.

But yeah.. I can see why some are complaining. Other than this - I'm just going to go find something else to play I suppose. I'm not counting on EQ being up in any reasonable time frame tonight and I don't have all night.. :O

They probably did some firmware update to some crappy security device and killed it. Since it's apparently not load-balanced and the firmware update wasn't tested prior to this - we're stuck, lol

Who knows, but at least there's plenty more to play. DBG's loss more than mine I suppose. I just signed back up and well...
  17. Time zone Journeyman

the time now is 4:45 PST
    cannot log in !!!! taken my 15.00 and going to movies
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

They say it's a network issue. From the super-secret files:

[IMG]

It will come back up eventually. Honest. Really. I hope it's soon. GRRRRRRR, I want it now!!! Please, please, please. Whoa, when did my kids learn to do that. Be back later.
    Pirlo and Tierwyn like this.
  19. Ghostinthemachine Elder

wow finally get it struggle with the server select and now they're bringing the game down,........wow
  20. Photo New Member

nope they do not know or are not telling us why login is not working and have no ETA on fixing it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.