Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Poem New Member

Bump for additional flagging/longevity
    VandilIzer likes this.
  2. Kragin Augur

Let it burn. - some dev
    Punchu likes this.
  3. Ryak Augur

It's ok for you to say you're going to wait a couple months for the live expansion to look into this. (Just as long as you do something by February!)

We just want to know that you understand the issue and its critical importance to Underfoot being a reasonable expansion.
  4. Morgen Elder

Come on DBG. Do the right thing. Communicate, and make the adjustment. Double or triple the key/flags- there is virtually no downside. Keep your customers happy with these reasonable, simple requests.
  5. Dukat New Member

Yes please!
  6. Talora New Member

7. Tuzmin New Member

Flagging designed for an expansion that originally lasted 1 year and now lasts 3 months should be increased 4x. If the expansion will only last 2 months, flagging should be increased 6x. It's really that simple.

I'm so glad GoD was given to us, and this is another very similar circumstance. I want to see SoF, SoD, and UF at the level they were designed for rather than 5 levels higher.

This is coming from someone whose guild splits things as aggressively as any guild but OGC.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. Decay57 New Member

DBG, please consider adding more flag drops so that this content can be completed in era without having to split raid. It's an unnecessary bottleneck when a new expansion will be out in 3 months.
  9. Ryak Augur

I would like to remind everyone of the fact that the head of multiple major guilds on the server posted here agreeing that this is a major issue that needs to be addressed in Underfoot.

There is basically a 100% consensus that the existing solution is untenable. The only disagreement among anyone is exactly how to fix it.
    Machentoo likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Absolutely. Something needs to be done, one way or another, for Underfoot and several expansions after Underfoot. A series of expansions that are completely impossible to complete in era will be a disaster for the server.
  11. Punchu Augur

I mean, Citizen beat Underfoot in era, with a couple weeks to spare even!

edit: there's precedent for barely finishing an expac before the next on TLP.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Sure, when the era was 8 months long!
    Punchu likes this.
  13. Punchu Augur

I don't really think they're going to budge on this but going back to the model where we beat the content before the unlock starts ticking would be another solution. Although I'm sure everyone would just appreciate more flags per raid.
  14. Machentoo Augur

I'd be fine with either of those (as long as it isn't a ridiculous amount of flags, I'd like to have to do each raid more than once still.) Or even just extending the timers so that it is theoretically possible without split raiding. Lots of possible solutions and I hope they will pick one.
  15. Dilf Augur

Forcing guilds to split raids just for the sake of getting extra flagging is an awful strategy.
  16. Kragin Augur

No one is forcing you to split raid.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I really feel that TLP's should just do away with flagging all together. That is to say, unlock everything that LIVE has unlocked.

With the advanced timelines, so much time and grief is caused over flagging. The VP key drama, ST, key drama, VT key drama, PoP flagging drama, Tacvi block drama. Oh yeah.. Vule drama that caused a rework to make it instanced...Deathknell blocking.

Just make the content be the deciding factor. Those who want to experience everything will do so. Especially VP/ST/VT.. you don't miss anything except a headache.

If the zones are accessible from the launch of the XPac, the "top guilds" will do what they always do and rush to the final content. They want to farm up as much gear before the next launch. Eight to twelve weeks is 14-21 runs on most raid content. Which really won't dully gear up 54+ people. When you look at OoW/DoN, this value doubles up, as it is a Full set/ Misc item set expansion duo. Same with DoDH/PoR. As the expansions move forward, this issue becomes more and more prevalent.

It also has a larger impact on guilds with set raid schedules, rather than rotating with lockouts.

Split-rading really isn't the answer either.

Just think of all the dumb drama that can be avoided on TLP's, if all the content is available, equally, to everyone? I'm not even saying that the AoC's need to be on all TLP's Original through SoL will still have "drama" due to open world spawns, but the content would be accessible without all of the useless farming needs or the potential of being blocked. (I never saw ST "blocking" per say, but Trakanon, Emp Ssra, RZtW, Txevu Zun, and pre-change Vule to name some biggies).

Let the content dictate if people should be able to get through... Those flagging/key quests were back from when each expansion dropped 5 months to 1 year.. (5 months being ones like LoY. Major expansion releases were 8-12 months.)

Not only does the loot gathering capability need to match that, but the ability to cut through it.

Even if they want to leave some zone locks in place... the required progression can be cut down. IE: needing the blood raids for Demi-Plane access, but not the monocle. Or So-chun/Dao/Sullon for Deathknell, but not the rest of the flagging. For TSS, just let the raid content need to be progressed in order, and skip the faction and pre-raids.

From there, cut the lockouts down to 24 hrs or so. That should be more than accommodating.

Anyways, I'm rambling.. but all of this does need a bit of a tweak.

I a a little biased... as keying/flagging is one of the reasons I quit EQ years ago. It's a major turn off for new players, looking at the mountain to climb, and veteran players having to repeat the same content repeatedly to flag up new members. Once the TLP I'm on reaches these insanely long progression expansions... I'll probably move on to a different game again.
    a_librarian likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

A bump after 1.5 hours? Nice work.
  19. Dilf Augur

Good luck beating UF in-era or during HoT era without split raids.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No one is forcing you to beat xpacs in Era.
    Kragin likes this.