Veteran AA in Marketplace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigfan, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Bigfan Augur

I would totally pay a flat fee for unlocking these, and i'm willing to bet MANY others would..

Please make this happen!

p.s. PLEASE ADD MOUNT KEYRING BACK IN MARKETPLACE.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

It is very doubtful they will do this or at least for the first rank LOD. A 30 minute double xp usable once every day would negate experience pot sales on accounts without LOD unlocked I imagine. Unless they made the cost enough to not only offset this but also make money I just don't see it happening. Its not a horrible idea from a player perspective but from a business perspective it has little upside.
  3. Bigfan Augur

I'd be happy paying 60+ per vet unlock per toon, some like 7th are nice..that's $840 usd for full unlock..or 8 years in subs all up front..
  4. Bigstomp Augur

My toons have them all, but I agree. Be nice to see them available to all.

It does take away a bonus for the vets, but I feel the vets would forgive that for the option to have their alts get it.
  5. snailish Augur

Could make it an expansion feature (i.e., with Burning Lands). Live servers benefit, progression pot sales not impacted.
  6. Aurmoon Augur

Could make it an additional benefit associated with the Collector's Edition of The Burning Lands.
  7. smash Augur

Except i seem to recall old post from devs saying powers not for sale in markedsplace, and imo veteran aa are powers.
  8. svann Augur

I transferred this character to a new account a couple years ago because at the time he was my alt and I wanted to box him. I didnt even realize at the time that I would lose all vet awards. Vet awards are on the account and a transferred character does not get to keep what he has claimed - even though it already consumed one claim from that account. But he was the alt so I left it.

Now that I made him my main character, Im left with a main that has only minimal vet percs. It would be nice if I could get those vet awards back on Svann, or allow him to transfer back to the original account that has all percs. But transfers got disabled, perhaps permanently, so thats not an option.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That got thrown under the bus long ago.
  10. Raisehell Lorekeeper

i wouldnt mind having the banker/vendor. but theyd be dropped at 50 bucks+ guaranteed
  11. callius Journeyman

Ability to hand back in reward items, so request the rewards on another /char/server.
    This covers prerelease rewards, LoN rewards etc.
    Items would still be account bound, i know alot of people who would pay to move them.
    Reward titles between chars/servers as well would be kinda cool ?
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

And what would you give time honored veterans in return for instant "veteran" status? Really negates the intent in the first place.

- Coag
    xcitng and Venau like this.
  13. Bigfan Augur

I'd be happy dropping some bucks on it, just think how many people that would actually pay for vet AA rank unlocks..I bet it would be a nice shot in the arm of income.

I know since i've had to start over with my chars, missing ranks of Vet AA makes me angry, and sad about what I lost. I would like them back, and happy to just drop some extra cash per month or every few months for another rank.

Lets just go with expansion cost, say around 30USD..that's once per year per account.

With this, this is per char, and if you do x6 like mine, I have 2 Vet AA, I would need 12 more to complete the ranks..That's $360 for one char, ONE, at 30USD. Now if I wanted all 6 of my chars to be max Vet AA, that's $2160 in total to max, granted not everyone would do that.

In terms of value and implementation for devs..you can't beat it. I am willing to bet i'm not the only one who would drop some cash on this.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

[quote="Bigfan, post: 3705154,

p.s. PLEASE ADD MOUNT KEYRING BACK IN MARKETPLACE.[/quote]

You can get the key ring and/or extra slots but it's kinda a round about way.

Open your key ring, go to mount tab, green button, click buy. Cheers!
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  15. Zamiam Augur

im a Veteran of the game and im in favor of this .. it doesnt bother me if everyone was running around with all vet rewards .. I know ive been around since the beginning and my Char tag show's it .. Mith Marr.. :p
    I would also very much like my clicky cresent reach stick and a few other things tag'd as Heirloomable pls .. I switch and play different toons all the time .. either make it heirloom or put it in the marketplace and sell it .. I'd buy it .. along with the bixxy house ..
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'm not sure what, exactly, OP is referring to in regards to buying veteran rewards but.... I have a 20-year old account with16 or 18 slots on it (per server).

Once you add in progression servers and specialty servers.... only having the ability to claim vet rewards on 20 characters is a bit limiting. On top of that, once it is claimed, it is gone... so once a toon is abandoned on a dead server.. or deleted for a different character.... that veteran claim is gone for good.

On that later note, I would be fully in favor of being able to increase the number of veteran claims.

As for being able to purchase tiers of veteran rewards... I'm not in favor of that, unless they bring back the 1-time option to buy a 1-year "advance" on account time. But that's the only option I'd be ok with there.
  17. Brohg Augur

As someone who did know the consequences, this result has kept me from making & paying for a new account for just my main Szilent, for years & years. The status quo has allowed me to push Heirloom 'Careworn Cases' to all the alts and mules on his acct, so it's not like a disastrous situation. But I'd still do it, if I could maintain his benefits; the "just me" acct that my bard has feels like a prestige status.