Fellowship size request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maesin_FV, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The limitation is there to prevent exploitation by guilds; "Oh we have 3 rogues at the raid boss and they dropped a campfire let's port there." Similarly, if they increased the limit from 12 to 18 then that would be, "Oh, we have 3 rogues there and they dropped a campfire. Now the other 15 of you click over there and drop a guild banner; so the rest of us can banner over." Even if the, limitation was just at 16, the only change would be that they would drop 2 of the rogues from the fellowship after the campfire is up and add 2 others to get the 18 there.

12 accounts would be ok, but there is still the issue of what happens when I want to have my main in one fellowship with other people in the 105-110 range and my level 50 alt in a fellowship with a different set of people who are in the 50-65 level range?

The real solution would be to have a similar clicky added to the game that works when 3 people in your group are in the same location; allowing you to port to them. The limitation on this would be that it would not work within raid instances.
    Coagagin and Yinla like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I would be ok with a separate clickie for the group game that functions like the campfire still requiring 3 players to place. Raid forces can already accomplish bypassing difficult areas with a rogue dragging a dead mage and using a rez token as long as the mage can safely be resurrected and coth the rest of the raid one group at a time until the raid banner can be placed.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The difference is that the drag and rez method has considerably more risk than SOS, drop campfire, and 9-15 people suddenly are there within seconds of each other.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The number of people required is already 12 for a banner. Fellowship is 12. So that's not it at all. They can (and do) limit places you can use fellowship clickies for raid spots already, you can't campfire into most raid instances. Nor can you campfire to places like SolRo's chambers.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

People use FS campfires in raid zones? Really?

Simple fix, don't allow FS campfires in raid zones.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Our guild uses them to mark spots, as in, "Ok, you guys stand at the campfire, while you other guys stand at the banner, and you guys there will run to the campfire at moment Y".

Unless they add "Flags" that we can place in spots, we need to be able to add campfires in raids.

There's a reason in real life that armies carried banners. "Rally around the flag" isn't just an expression for patriotism.
    Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  7. Angre Augur

It would be so nice to expand the Fellowship size to 18 members. I am all for this. My fellowship is full of live members. It is not an Alternative fellowship. However, some of them have alts that they would like to bring into the Fellowship.

My fellowship is full with 12 members. There is no room for alts. Again, it would be great if you expand the size of fellowship to include 18 members total.

Also, last year I mentioned a Fellowship Hall for Fellowships (that could be purchased). No need to create anything special. The basic generic guild hall format would work just fine for a Fellowship Hall. (including transportation merchant and meditation pool) Could you add the ability for members of a fellowship to click their Fellowship Insignia and receive the option to return to Fellowship Hall or transport to Campfire? Not forgetting the reuse timer on the FS Insignia of course. It would be a nice addition to allow members the ability to put memorabilia in the Fellowship Hall. Could you also add the ability for members to transport to their house from the Fellowship Hall? (A purchased option) You could use a guild lobby style door within the Fellowship Hall that would recognize the player and transport them to their individual house? Also, as a purchased option, members of the fellowship could buy ONE shabby guild lobby door within the players home to allow them to be able to transport back to Fellowship Hall. I really think this is great idea which would not equal to 100's of hrs of programing. Just twink the necessary items needed and Wala! [ok, maybe its not that easy :) ]

I think this would make a nice edition to the next expansion.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

(July 11, 2018)
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

That Dev quote indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the fellowship. It in no way is a "Second guild." It's just a way to move players and increase playtime for those who have not as much as others do who don't notice the impact on travel time in EQ.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, your post indicates that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the fellowship as well as Ngreth's post.
  11. blood & gufts Augur

@Ngreth can you not simply lock this, and put it on stick, so people can see there no enlargement of fellowship, and delete future posts about enlargement of fellowship.

It is getting boring having to read about this subject every second month, esp as you already imo have closed the thing closed it by saying No. But there people who cannot understand what a No is.
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

Having two separate guilds actually isn't a bad thing, we have problems with people wanting server mergers and getting groups already. Increasing social circles and so forth isn't a bad thing. I know of two people that run active fellowships, and they run into people limits.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Pro tip, you don't have to. Thread title usually tips you off as to what it's about.
    Aurastrider and So Happy like this.
  14. snailish Augur

Others have suggested in the past allowing true guild alliances so if you're guild leader enters an alliance you are all in. Guild UI would allow you to toggle "see alliance" "see alliance guild chat". You'd speak to your main guild with /gu... something new like /ga would speak to the alliance.

Leaders/officers could establish permissions (i.e., allow alliance officers bank access, etc.)

Running around it would be character name with <parent guild> as normal, with the option to see the alliance guilds in a smaller stream underneath.

Or something like that.

Worth the trouble? Not sure.
  15. Belkar_OotS Augur

I would like this option too. I think it fills the intent better for the majority of players (playing with immediate friends with whatever best fills the group). Not everyone plays one character all of the time.
  16. smash Augur

So now you wanna extend the fs from 12 chars to up to like 156 in total....

Know people can have like 14 chars on an account.

Personally i have like 5-6 persons i trust completely and some i know good, my fellowship is not half my guild.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It doesn't matter how many chars it is. It's only 12 people. Pretty sure your guild has more than 24 people in it.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I get it some ideas get brought up frequently even after a developer response and it gets old but asking the company to lock players ideas and conversations so some customers don't have to read other customers ideas or conversations regarding actual game topics is silly. There is nobody pointing a gun at your head saying open a thread and read it. If for some reason a thread title is not clear it should be rather clear after reading the OP dialog what the thread is about and at this point you have wasted double digit seconds of your life reading something that you can move on from and never open again. Asking the company to simply lock specific threads that don't break the forum guidelines defeats the purpose of having forums because everyone could request that topics xyz be locked and before we know it everything would be locked down.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So why don't you enlighten us oh wonderous 8 lb. waterhead boy? What is the purpose for you of the fellowship?
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What if they just increase the size of the fellows in the fellowship? You know get them on a diet of coke and pork rinds maybe supersize their McDonalds?