Fellowship size request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maesin_FV, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Maesin_FV New Member

Dear DBK,

If the rumor is true about 2-group content, please increase fellowship sizes to 18 or so. Make it a station cash thing to buy slots in that is necessary, but please consider this.
  2. Derd Augur

It's been asked for many times by other and always said no. I'm not sure why the two groups can't just fight to that spot. The Fellowship wasn't designed to be a way to move boxes but a way to group with other friends . I'm pretty sure we all use it to move our alts around, I'm no saint :) . I think about once or twice a year someone does bring the topic up and it's always been declined..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It's hard when you have lots of friends and people have alts to fit them all into 12 spaces.
    Hitty and Tatanka like this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It's even hard when you only "have to" squeeze your boxes in. but yes...
    Even though i only have one or two chars per account in the fellowship, making room for actual player friends is a challenge sometimes.
    More fellowship-slots would be a more-than welcome thing.
    Hitty and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Visitor Augur

Free account with a Telebinder or two, if it is possible to bind in a zone or close to it, then it is possible to drop 5 characters in. For new expansions, a 75 druid or wizard on a main account would work if can have a bind close to the action- not perfect, but, if it gets people there.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Free accounts don't get Ring of Scale unless you buy it.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think he meant a character class which can bind and teleport people. That's how I read it.
  8. Khaliss Augur

I agree with the OP, please Daybreak... increase the fellowship size to at least 16 or 18. It's been a long time since, & many of us has increased the number of alts, including our friends alts. It would really help!
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It should be increased. But...because there is this manic fear on the part of some in EQ whenever something might benefit boxers....it will be vilified and rejected.
  10. Khaliss Augur

boxers are part of EQ, has been for a very long time... I don't see why that would create a problem.
  11. fortuneteller Augur

Oh, resurrecting the old thread.

They could change the max person, but it would then result in a side effect, by increasing minimum people to set the camp fire to 6 persons.
  12. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect that would backfire big time with a ton of lost accounts.
  13. segap Augur

Just park a ftp character in the guild loby and make it the fellowship leader. It can then remove/add members as needed to port to campfires.
  14. Denial_Sinfae Augur

+1 for FS # increase.
  15. Khaliss Augur

this really doesn't work, it takes 24 hours to rejoin the fellowship after getting removed.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Have a second (new, throwaway) fellowship. You join the first to get ported, then join the second when you get there.

The next day, you're still in the second FS, to get your port, and then join the first one once you get there.

Problem solved ;)
  17. Gremag Journeyman

Yes, please increase the number of people in a fellowship.

I would gladly pay via Station Cash.

If Pay To Win is somehow a concern--then Loyalty Tokens as well.

Alts keep me playing. I long since removed real life players as they come and go (as do I). Sad but true.

But my paid accts always remain.

I don't mind paying cash as it goes towards a game I've happily subscribed to for nearly 20 years.

Kudos EQ.
  18. Khaliss Augur

@Tatanka I understand that what you are suggesting is possibly a good workaround, but requesting DBG expand the capacity for the fellowship to at least 16 isn't unreasonable.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

How a fellowship ever could be considered a pay2win mechanism absolutely boggles the mind!
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What would be great is if fellowships worked by permitting 12 accounts, not players. Meaning you could add all your characters on the same account and they would only count as 1 of the 12. Since you can only have 1 logged in at a time (same account), it would not actually increase the size of the fellowship. Just allow you to play whichever toon you want and still have them be with your fellowship people.
    Yinla, Dreadmore, Metanis and 6 others like this.