The Burning Lands expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Laronk Augur

2. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

expans used to be lore based... cotf>>>TDS>>>to eok to ros... nope just take us back to pop for no reason lol
  3. Nenake Elder

my BODY IS READY
  4. Laronk Augur

Well there might be some story, Xegony needs us to help stop Fennin Ro from burning everything and E'ci will be our secret weapon to defeat Fennin!
  5. DaciksBB Augur

rip Discordian invasion
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it gets us more content overall I will take it.
    Risiko and Miss_Jackie like this.
  7. smitiiittt New Member

I mean, lots of people said POP was one of the best expansions, I'm happy for it, Obviously we'll have to see how much content is put in.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  8. Daedly Augur

Nope, mages are getting a new water based spell line that uses cold as its resist check....
    I have 0 sources for this information

Edit: You also need the Elemental visibles from the original PoP expansion which will need combined with the RoS visibles along with a reagent to make the new armor.
    Still 0 sources...
  9. Owch Crotchety SOB

Snails of Unusual Size
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

I will buy the Collectors edition today if that snail is a mount!
  11. Sobmre Augur

F YES! THE PLANES !

PLEASE DON'T SUCK
    Risiko likes this.
  12. Cleaver Augur

Dont forget you need POP progression to make this new armor :)
  13. Aurmoon Augur

PLEASE limit the number of fire resistant / immune mobs in the expansion. Skyfire was such a disappointing zone in part because of mob immunity to the majority of mage spells. When only a few zones come with an expansion, I’d hate to be pushed out of one of them simply because they have Uber fire resistances.
    Vdidar, Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  14. Funk Augur

Wait wait.. I have seen RoS raid parses and Mages rule. RoS was a caster expansion....it's time for a melee expansion!
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Huge tracts of burning lands.
    Fanra, Tucoh and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Mages have spells too? Not just pets?
  17. Captain Video Augur

The producer is responding to repeated criticisms that progression goes too fast in the most recent expansions, and that after a month or so after release, there is nothing for guilds to do except twink alts. Steps are being taken in this next expansion to ensure progression advances at a snail's pace.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. fortuneteller Augur

No matter what the devs do, players will always complain.

That is rule #1.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Planes of Power is a nice theme. There is potential to connect "elemental" lore to a broader array of zones like "Burned Woods" (sealed zone off of Jaggedpine Forest), Riftseeker's Sanctum, or Valdeholm/Frostcrypt. NPCs won't be overused like pirates or weird like Alarans. There is a lot of potential for cool spells, items (global rares, illusions and mounts, unique armor ornaments), and achievements. PoP may interest TLP players to migrate to Live.

I know mages are afraid of resist checks. Wouldn't it be cool if devs reintroduced "elemental" specific (fire, water, air, earth) pet foci (upgraded Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire - even as a tradeable global rare)?

If they are recycling EQ2 art then judging by Ec'i, I am optimistic:

[IMG]
  20. Beergoggles Elder

Yeah you are right to a certain extent, there will always be some people who are unhappy no matter what devs do. However, in some instances it is justified. I just wish they would be up front with us. Can we expect any sort of new original content or is the recycling of expansions going to be all there is to the future of EQ? Three straight recycled expansions is a bit much for me, and two of those recycled expacs were based on one old expac that they stretched across two new ones. I don't mind a zone or two being recycled into a new expansion but basing full expansions on previous ones is just plain lazy and lacks vision and innovation. Raising levels on mobs and giving zones cosmetic facelifts just isn't enough.