Live Update Bugs: 9/19/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Waldagar Augur

Tunare Server
    Queen raid
    The only Beastlord on the raid cast Spiritual Empowerment Rk. III to refresh everyone after the Prince raid and got a bunch of "This spell has been blocked by Spiritual Empowerment Rk. III". I found this interesting because when I cast it before the Prince raid I did not get any of these messages.
  2. keepleftgang New Member

Mage bug! when you cast any Volley spell line and your aa auto procs Thief of essence on your pet, ALL pets are slowed 90% RS pets, Main pet, hosts of elements. All pets cant attack but mainly to repost and cast a spell. Only way to avoid this bug is to not use volley spells till this is fixed.
  3. Kianara Lorekeeper

Block Theft of Essence IX on your pet (or whatever rank you're proc'ing). It's an aura on your pet, so if you block it from landing it won't affect any other pets out. Once the fix goes through, just unblock it. Not using the spell really isn't an option on raids .. with all the pets out it's always maxed.
  4. Kianara Lorekeeper

Not sure how long this has been happening, just noticed today .. In "In Defense of Health", if you get the task step to heal the injured overseers - when you click the healing salve, the item info says it's 5 charges with a 30 second recast, however it's not using a charge and not giving a recast. It's working and updating the task, just not subtracting charges or giving the 30s reuse timer.
  5. Conq Augur

Tunare server - Kor`Sha raid, the Frost Assaulters never dropped their shields.
    Conq
  6. Moege Augur

Being happening since/before the last patch only noticed now, not gamebreaking just irritating.

No shared task/mission in quest log
    /taskt (You have no task timers)

Request mission
    Mission is given (quest window pops up with mission)
    At the same time red text comes up "you could not be assigned to the mission since you are already in one"

Yes I am in one, the one I just requested and got ! :confused:
  7. svann Augur

There is something wrong with melee animations for drakkin (rogue). It seems like only half the swing animations have a graphic. If I stand next to another rogue of a different race the other rogue will appear to swing twice as often. Parsing shows we are actually attacking at the same rate. If I stand alone at the combat dummy I can see the dummy "flinch" from hits about twice as often as my character appears to swing. If I put on a human illusion then my attack animation reverts to correct speed.
  8. Goodn Augur

Was it the Droga group mission? It has been happening for me (get the mission fine but get the red text as well) for at least 3 months.
  9. Asterra2 New Member

This has already been mentioned three times in this thread, but I'm going to repeat it.

This patch broke wizards.

Primary DPS output from wizards on raids is their rains. Rains are now hitting most (not all) raid bosses only twice, where they should be hitting thrice. Originally felt that maybe this bug had something to do with boss size but have discarded that thought. It's just some inexplicable oversight and needs to be corrected ASAP. Wizards in classic Everquest already famously fail to contribute significant DPS per the promise in their class description -- most typically they manage about what warriors do. So a further 33% DPS reduction on top of that is simply not happening. This was an accident. Fine. Correct it.

On top of this...

Wizard pets are now getting eaten by at least some AEs that they are not supposed to be dying to. Vulak is a good example. Cleric pets happily keep trucking while wizard pets die in two AEs. Yet another bizarre change whose genesis cannot be fathomed. Just another thing to fix posthaste.
  10. Moege Augur

Yeah would have helped to say which missions yup ;)

Droga and Lceanium missions
  11. Whypp New Member

Not a bug, but can we get hit mode numbers only for stuff like heals etc?

Thanks
  12. taffastrophe New Member

Just to consolidate all of the wizard rain bug posts into one....

Rains should be hitting any combination of mobs up to a total of 4 times, with a maximum of 3 per mob. If two mobs are in the area, each will be hit twice. If one mob is there, it'll get hit three times, etc.

Well, on boss mobs with MOTM, with no other NPCs around, the rain will only hit twice. This is assuredly because the "shadow man" is taking hits, so 1 boss + 1 "shadow man" each get hit twice, and that's that. Rains function normally on non-MOTM mobs.

It's a bug, not an intended nerf, and I'm hopeful it will be addressed in the next patch mid-October.

Thanks!
    Malokhan likes this.
  13. Asterra2 New Member

Yes indeed, this was my speculation -- that something invisible was getting hit. Anyone reasonably familiar with how a wizard works would likely have concluded something similar. Not familiar with "shadow man" but it sounds plausible.

Ah, now that's the trick, isn't it? Nobody has fixed wizards in 19 years (though perhaps they are not a patently worthless class in some distant expansion?) It feels unreasonably optimistic to suppose that a bug that destroys their already laughable DPS will be dutifully attended to, even if after a month's delay.

Edit: Any hypothesis to account for the new phenomenon of the wizard's Sword of Xuzl dying to AEs they originally weren't dying to? That smacks of deliberate tinkering rather than a bug.
  14. Iribabh Augur

Druid remote nukes are still not healing target's target and have not since patch. Any word on when this is going to be fixed? This is a pretty significant spell in a druid's kit.
  15. fortuneteller Augur

Smith Ceramic Clay

When doing combine, it destroys the file.
  16. Brohg Augur

is it a bug? the Black Handled Bonebreaker Ornamentation item/127122 uses 1-handed scaling for its graphic when equipped instead of displaying 2-handed scaling as appropriate for a 2-handed-only ornamentation.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Our actor tags don't really have a "scale" they change size to match the size of the player/NPC equiping it, but outside of that. there is no "scaling" I.E. we can't say "make this longer so it looks like a 2 hander"
    So in some cases, 2 hand weapons are small, or one hand weapons are large.
    Now. we do often have 2 actors, one for small and one for large. can you point to a weapon that has the same graphics in large? (on the same race) or is it simply that that actor is a bit small.
  18. Brohg Augur

Welp, I'm a barbarian so it should be about as big as big gets. Thing is, in the item "preview" window, it appears to be what I would think of as the correct size.

[IMG]

I suppose it could be some fish-eyeing on the preview camera's "lens"? I'll look around for a natively wieldable analogue…
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Probably not relevant, but shaft should be way longer, and head way smaller. It looks like it wields like a bowling ball on an umbrella :)

The point of 2 handed weapons is reach :)
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

super odd... since the preview pulls from the item data..................