Phlogiston armour as tribute..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Greymantle Augur

Are there any plans to allow the player made Phlogiston armours to be tributable? Seems odd they are not, as the raid and group gear is.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

none of the seb gear is trib either
  3. Warpeace Augur

You would probably have to ask Ngreth, I believe he was the final word on player made items having no tribute value.
  4. segap Augur

He replied a while back that having no tribute is intentional.
  5. Greymantle Augur

Seems odd , with it needing 2 raid diamonds to make each, not like anyone is going to be farming it to make for tribute.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why not? Diamonds are rotting in some guilds already.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Really? You would think they would loot them just to make the containers to sell in the bazzar. Since those are tradeable.
  8. Frogmancer Augur

And about as useful as an elbow orifice if you're not in a guild that can get the diamonds from winning raids...
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would expect that would only really help on FV where items are tradeable and most guilds on other servers do diamonds in sets where you get as many as needed for your item.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Well not eveyone does tradeskills. Since the conflagrent items are tradeable and the final combine basicly no fail. Folk that do not have the skill to attempt to create the container often get others to make them. In our guild, it is not uncommon for someone to win a pair of diamonds and have someone else loot one to make it for them.

I doubt we are unique in that aspect.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes intentional.
  12. svann Augur

Wait, what containers are made with the diamonds?
    edit: if you meant the upgrade kits, those arent containers. But yea, making a large bag or chest out of raid diamonds is not a bad idea. They would never rot.
    also:
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Wouldn't it be easier to have a designated person to make the crafted items than leave it up to the winner to find someone? If the combine fails do you make them purchase a replacement diamond?
    Frogmancer likes this.
  14. Frogmancer Augur

You're not, but nobody is randomly buying kits from some outside source. You need a phlogiston upgrade, you get two diamonds. Loot both if you can make your own kits, or loot one and have your guild's tradeskiller loot the other to make your kit.

The kits are expensive, especially if you fail a few times trying to make them (and you will). Better to pool internal guild resources than to hope another force on the server has more diamonds than they can use.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is the key point, how many people are going make these kits on the off chance that someone from another guild is going to want to purchase them at a marked up cost rather then get them at cost from the guild (which can cover the costs of the kits if they are smart)
  16. svann Augur

I could imagine that some alts might possibly want to spend plat for the kit rather than paying dkp for the 2nd diamond. I have not seen anyone actually selling them though. If it happened though it wouldnt be premade. It would be someone saying "i have an extra diamond, willing to make kit. 5kr"
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would assume that diamonds would be bid as a set when making items that require a kit in order to ensure that the don't get wasted when someone gets a single diamond and can't make anything with it because they also need another one for the kit.
  18. svann Augur

Nope. I dont think Im out of line to say we dont bid them as pairs.
    There are a few items that only take 1 diamond, and sometimes a diamond gets crushed and has to be replaced as a single.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I know some items only take a single diamond but I was specifically talking about the items that take 2 since the topic of selling kits was brought up. And that begs the question do you charge someone for a 3rd+ diamond if the combine for the kit fails and the diamond is lost?
  20. svann Augur

Yes. All combines are the responsibility of the player. Whether you do your own TS'ing or have someone else loot the diamond to make the kit for you, if the diamond gets lost thats your risk. Better luck next week.