/tgb removal is going to hurt :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you're refusing to watch a tank, and you're really a healer... you're a very poor healer.
  2. Millianna Augur

I’m a shaman - my primary roll is keeping my group alive. With multiple zerks in my group (most of the time), I have no business watching a MT. What I did, was to make up for the lack of clerics.

With this change, I do not feel comfortable with watching a MT as well. I know my limitations, and respectively declined a task that I will probably fail at.

Am I bad healer? I do not think so.
  3. Aurmoon Augur

Here is what you do: Keep doing EXACTLY what you did before. Now, instead of hitting /TGB off and casting the Heal over Time, press Tab (which will target yourself), start the HoT, and immediately press Tab again (which will return to the target you had originally). Heal over time spells will land on the group that is targeted at the time the spell is first clicked, NOT when the cast timer finishes. Depending on how fast you are pressing keys, you will only lose your target for less than a second. If your target is on your extended target window, you can even continue to monitor its health that way.

Source: I mained a cleric for ~4 years as part of a couple different raiding guilds.
  4. Millianna Augur

I already said I wasn’t going to do that. The reasons are because of lag. The xtarget window doesn’t always update (lag) and if am rebuffing the cast time is too long to take a risk now.
  5. Millianna Augur

Tab isn’t equivalent to tgb off.
  6. Aurmoon Augur

I don’t understanding this comment, particularly why the cast time is relevant. How is your existing process really different from pressing tab, starting the cast on your own group, and then immediately pressing tab again (before the cast timer is up, because initial target is the only thing that matters)? It sounds remarkably similar to toggling TGB off, starting the cast, and toggling TGB on.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    DaciksBB likes this.
  8. Conq Augur

Milli has been obstinate on this subject on two different threads now. It's likely the MT she's picketing against didn't even notice the lack of one shamans' heals. (I know the withholding of your services is meant to be an act of rebellion towards DB and not your MT - but only your MT and your raid will suffer from your healing strike.)
    Conq
  9. Millianna Augur

It’s not my fault there is not enough clerics on a particular raid. Im not rebelling against anyone - I’m just stating my limits. Constantly swamping characters outside my group causes me to make errors. If someone can do it better than me, then why not let them?
  10. svann Augur

If you only want to hear from healers and dont want other classes to comment then maybe you should post this in the healer forum. This forum is clearly for everyone to comment in.
  11. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Resistance to change is real. Honestly, tab cast tab has no lag. It's an invalid excuse. The one spell you really want to have TGB off for isn't even one that keeps your "multiple berserkers" alive. Hots are a component, yeah, but they aren't the meat and potatoes.

And Conq, you liar. I noticed when you stopped healing me. RIP Qonq. Short live Konq!
  12. Millianna Augur

You have your preferences, I have mine. There’s no reason for me to change my preferences. People die in group for reasons beyond my ability to heal. So what is wrong with wanting to have a tank I am responsible for target and cast buffs on my group?
  13. svann Augur

The dev did ask for people to tell him which spells this would be a problem for. If you work with him he might be able to exclude those spells. I suggest you make a new thread and specify which should not be auto tgb. Or message him, but Im not sure now which dev it was. Maybe someone else could say.
  14. Laronk Augur

Hey Mil,

You literally press tab, alt-4 (or what ever your group heal is) then press tab you don't wait for the cast to finish or anything and bam. If you have a programmable mouse or keyboard you could actually make a tiny macro that does this.

It's very easy to play around the change to tgb even if you're 100% a mouse clicker you have the tank on extended target for easy re clicking, click on the zerker, click on the spell and then click on the tank fast.
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

TGB friends, I have the answer. Prepare to have your minds blown. I have slowed down this video to show you the magical way to replace your old TGB functionality with no lag, delays, missed casts, or dead tanks:

/tgb off has met its match.
  16. svann Augur

As a dps its kind of funny hearing people recommending tab target. We used to get yelled at for using it.
  17. Febb Augur

omg, I'm not going to do that. That means I have to adapt and I refuse to adapt. Back in my day we could use a /tgb off command that made us healers gods at healing. Now that we have to use a button, we can no longer heal, might as well shut the game down, healing is impossible.
  18. Millianna Augur

Change and adapt are political buzz word typically followed up propaganda. My preference is to have the tank targeted the majority of the time if I am going be watching them.

If your preference is to use tab, then fine that is your prefence. Attacking my play style is petty and serves little purpose. Absolutely no one complained when I said I wasn’t comfortable with watching a MT outside my group. I play EQ to have fun, not to be a hero - someone else can have that role.
  19. Warzon Elder

Svann, I think they're talking about tab target where it cycles between the player and their current target, not the wow (and most other games)-style tab target where it cycles through all the nearest npc targets. I don't know that the original EQ default tab key is what got DPS yelled at.

Feb/gotwar/Laronk-

Tab targeting is not the work around for the removal of tgb toggle, it's not even in the top three. Keep bringing it up though so we can keep explaining it. My tab target is usually set to someone else already, or to a particular npc. Makes no sense to give up the tab target functionality to compensate for not having tgb anymore. There's other ways to deal with it that make more sense.

Not using those spells to accomplish that goal works, playing a little harder, if you don't mind, that also works. Focusing on your main role instead of trying to do a little more than that also works. Revising all of your hotkeys and redoing your timing is probably the ultimate solution, and it's just a hassle when there's no clear reason the change needed to happen, or happen in this way.

This is a fact, it isn't an opinion, it isn't a belief, it isn't a matter of playstyle: Something we used to be able to do we cannot do anymore. If you weren't using this tool you do not understand.

You could try to understand, you are simply refusing. You guys act as though healers only have one person targeted throughout the fight. It's pretty rare on any raid past Anguish for that to be the case. The only class I've played that changed targets more frequently than my cleric or shaman is an enchanter. And regardless of your claims to the contrary, interrupting what I'm doing to target someone in my group is an extra step I didn't used to have to do.

It isn't game breaking, it isn't something that will stop me from being awesome. But it is still a stupid change.

Here's the equivalent: If a berzerker had to target his own group to use his group discipline, or a bard to use their epic click, or an sk to use their epic click. No big deal right? just tab over? Everyone would lose their , changing targets costs DPS, and that would be a profoundly stupid change besides. The loss to DPS would be minimal of course, but that wouldn't matter. It would still strike you as a bizarre change, and you'd be scrabbling in the dirt to find any reason for such a change.

This is that.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

This confuses me. I feel we may all be on different pages for the functionality of "tab target," as it's being referred to.

The "tab target" refers to the "toggle between target and myself" keybind:

[IMG]

This can be set to any key, obviously. If it's more convenient to use "1" on your number pad, or "E" or "L" or a mouse button, etc, the functionality is the same. It cycles between you and your target. You can never "set" or change this. It is always you, and as a result, is always your group.

You can do this while a spell is already being cast, or during GCD, or anytime at all. Your spell's target will be the one you were targeting when the spell was cast. While it's technically an extra step, it doesn't add any additional time to performing your duties, because the swaps can be performed while spells are already being cast.

You can definitely argue that it's stupid, or that you shouldn't have to do it, or that you dislike the change. That's a subjective thing, and that's okay. But also be aware that, functionally, the change should have no impact on performance.
    DaciksBB, Sancus, Conq and 1 other person like this.