New alternate currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Maedhros High King

Obviously its used to make Felix Felicis
    [IMG]
  2. jeskola pheerie

They should at least have a quest to obtain the glass pipe needed to smoke the crystallized luck.
  3. Monkman Augur

Any Dev mind giving a yay/nay as to if we are wasting our time looking for the person who accepts this currency in game at this moment?

Nothing like a new item added and absolutely no hint as to what its for...

Presumably we can assume it is a currency for some pre/new-expansion content or for anniversary (gnome mountain)

Again not asking to be told exactly what its for.... just a simple yes or no you are wasting your time looking for this at this moment.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Now the question is whether it is good or bad luck you are buying :)
    bbanz likes this.
  5. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I still want to be able to get rof t2 raid currency, or some way to trade down to it, lol.
  6. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

Pickled Gnome Babies are a delicacy in Oggok and Grobb. They love a good PGB sammich in those parts.
  7. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Good one, but Luclin is ABSOLUTELY NOT PRONOUNCED "LUCK-LIN" :)

It's based off the word Lucid, which is undeniably pronounced "Loose-id" by every English speaker. There is also a company, for example, called Lucent Technologies- again, pronounced in their video adverts as "Loose-int".

Luclin = "Loose-len".

PS- GIF is pronounced with a hard G, same as in "Graphics", or better yet- "Gift".
  8. Daedly Augur

Doesn't the fact that lunch isn't pronounced like loonch go against your argument?
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

Since a past dev pronounced it "Luck-lin" I'm going to have to side with them.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, it is. Every time I've ever said it, it's been luck-lin. And since I've never heard anyone else pronounce it, that's all the evidence I need ;)

Reminds me of being on Discord last year with a couple new EQ friends, and hearing them say EQ words I'd never heard spoken out loud before. And for every one, they pronounced them differently that I did. What a hoot :)

Also reminds me of this:

How do you pronounce this guy's name: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6060

On my server, it was "Bob" ;)

Tat
  11. snailish Augur

Devs in a podcast said it "luck-lin", shattering my world.

---------

A Bristlebane-twisted could be a lot of fun, but really go down that rabbit hole if doing it. Raid bosses that die from orphaned under level 60 spell lines, amazing item from ridiculous running around Norrath quest that involves delivering snake eggs, progression tied to pranking significant NPC in home cities, etc.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hrm, I always thought "Luke"lin
    Tehmonk likes this.
  13. Absor Developer

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

A
    Zadune, Thunderkiks, Xeladom and 4 others like this.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

15. Frogmancer Augur

Is this where you finally reveal that it’s been pronounced “lehk-LINE” all along?
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

That is quite incorrect, I am afraid :)

http://speakspeak.com/resources/pronunciation/when-to-pronounce-the-letter-c-as-s-or-k

(A mutation of the original Latin, where it was always a k-sound, I believe... )
  17. Risiko Augur

It always cracks me up when people think they know the pronunciation of words in EQ1, and all they have to do is play EQ2 to hear the voice actors pronounce it. Common incorrect pronunciations include Erudin and Qeynos.

I was quite surprised when EQ2 first came out and for the first time heard the actual pronunciation of Qeynos in the cinematic as Key Nose rather than Quay Nose. I had called it Quay Nose for ever.
    IblisTheMage and Prathun like this.
  18. Monkman Augur

Great job derailing this thread.

Crystallized Luck

What is it.
  19. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Being as the dev bothered to reply but not give any actual reference to it tells me theyre keeping tabs on this. Also tells me its some sort of un-assigned item atm. My bet is that it will be used for a pre expansion release vendor or some sort. Why else introduce a new item with no purpose before the expansion is even announced
  20. McDougal Augur

It's pronounced Veeshan actually.
    Metanis likes this.