Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. svann Augur

Disable /roleplay from your groupmates.
    You should not be able to hide your class from the rest of your group.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

is that -- a problem you encounter? not being able to tell what class someone is without /who?
  3. svann Augur

Yes, I admit I cant tell what class a person is without asking them.
    Sometimes its obvious, but far from always.
    Anyway, what is the purpose of roleplay? I dont even get it. It used to be useful for a very few classes to prevent random strangers begging for resses or corpse summons. Not even that anymore. Why do people still use it? For the pink?
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Allows you to keep your location unknown except to guild members or people in the same zone as you. And reduces things like pet toys requests, ports to zones, buffs in general, enchanting whatever etc etc And you don't just get those from people in your zone they can be anywhere in the game and ask you since they can do a /who enchanter all etc.... having role on prevents you from being searched for by class.
  5. svann Augur

It would be nice if we could name our melodies like we did in vanguard - and have the name displayed in the cast window. That way if I have 3 different but similar melodies Im switching back and forth between it would help me remember which one Im on. Did I start my 3 insult melody or am I still on 2?
  6. Risiko Augur

It would be nice if the group window incorporated a three letter acronym next to each party member denoting their class.

For example, if Bob in your group is a warrior, there name would say WAR Bob with the WAR being a smaller text to the left of the name.
    bbanz likes this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

But only if you could turn this option off.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. So Happy Augur

It would be awesome if someone could add reset test server weekly, to their to-do list, so the instances would work when we try to raid on Saturdays. Or maybe fix the memory bleed or what ever is causing the issues. Not a huge deal because its test server, I guess, but would add to QoL there greatly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Tiqou Elder

Not the same but you can get the target class with %c command iirc.
  10. Brohg Augur

nope.
    full keyboard:
    [Wed Sep 26 00:46:04 2018] You say, '%Q %W %E Barbarian Szilent %Y %U %I him his'
    [Wed Sep 26 00:46:24 2018] You say, '%A he %D %F %G %H %J %K %L'
    [Wed Sep 26 00:46:43 2018] You say, '%Z %X %C %V %B %N Pet'
    Tiqou likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

After spending a frustrating evening cleaning out bank junk that someone may want in barter.

Do not search barter for people on your ignore list (so can cut out all the 1pp krono buyers)
    Have the same search window as bazaar (especially for the platinum range, so I can cut out all offers for 1cp)
  12. Eryssel Journeyman

I didn’t read through every page, so apologies if this is a repeat.

Pet classes should have a tab in their inventory that’s similar to the mercenary tab that displays their pet’s stats and gear. Like with the merc gear, you should also be able to equip your pet in this screen too. I wouldn’t care if they kept the whole ‘If your pet dies, they lose all gear’ thing, just make a tab that clearly displays stats and gear and clears up the mystery.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Risiko like this.
  13. Discordinant New Member

Every class besides tanks to get a boost to "mitigation".

Kinda like they did with innate aa's and dps. Get us a little bit closer to the playing field.
  14. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Please fix mana burn so that it crits again! Thanks!

-Every Wizard on Norrath
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Daedly Augur

Add the ability for group/raid leader to mark group members 1 to 6 and raid memebers 1 to 72. Then add those same options to the xtar window along with the option for that persons target.

Maybe even extend role assigments out so that pets can be assigned as well

Please and thank you.
  16. Angahran Augur

indication in group window of master looter.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As we are reviserting back to the horrid graphic NPCs of 1999 can we please revert Beastlord pets for Trolls back to Crocodiles.
  18. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

This would be an amazing improvement; that said, I wouldn't want the ability to manually do things to go away. Perhaps some finesse on targeting (e.g., no target = summon on cursor, pet target = summon directly to pet).

While I'm thinking about it, why can't our mercs wield these weapons? They're locked for gear until certain progression, but we never get the chance to give them better quality weapons as we progress... we should, don't you think?

Also - please consider giving us a key ring for CONTRACTS/MERCs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. NemesisOfSeth New Member

I am more than likely in the wrong place but i am tired of looking for what i am looking for so here goes.

Guilds while being helpful are also extremely harmful:
    They lock players into dead guilds which they often don't wish to abandon for personal reasons.
    The fix:
    Make a guild for dead guilds:
    Create a united guild front where an unlimited amount of guilds can join each other and chat together. Where people can see players online and location with level just like in the standard guild.
    The only difference may or may not be the guild tags next to names.
    I recommend referring to the group as alliances.
    I wouldn't recommend personalizing the alliance in any way, which would basically cause what has already happened.
    Make 4 basic alliances to choose from and create a zone which isn't customization, which acts as a gateway to all your alliances guilds. ( Guild lobby would work for this it just needs expanding )
    The point:
    Forces people to interact with each other on a greater scale, while gen chat is great; one often finds themselves getting talked down to for oversharing on a public channel.
    While you can basically chat away in guild chat and everyone is happy. (I don't understand the difference but apparently it is different)

New Subject: I have a lot more to say but I want to go kill some mobs before my Sunday ends.

Kill Some servers:

I know this will turn into a nightmare and lots of work, but this has to happen if your going to extend the life of the game or plan to make more money from it.
    I spent years transferring off of Zek, trying to get enough station cash to do it takes a long time. Once a year you really need to allow for free transfers to happen, anniversary time would be best because its often when lots of plays who haven't been around return. Once the dead servers loose enough players, and are basically left with players who haven't longed in, in years. Create an announcement when players log in or even better create a zone / dead server that houses all those played accounts
    if the player ever chooses to log in they are transported to a places where they can read guild e-mail or player e-mail indicating where their guild or friends went to. Once there they can choose what server they want to transfer to. I don't know how the internal parts of the game work but you get the idea.

PVP server:
    Once you kill that why don't you add a zone which is like the arena, but add mobs of all levels. This will allow for hunting and pvping without being tied to a pvp server. This also make it easier to find other people who, for some unknown reason to me like to PVP without destroying the peacefulness of a blue server. Don't place any loot in that zone that cant be obtained in a none pvp zone, if that makes seance? That will just aggravate non-pvpers. You could also make the same zone as an instance for those of us who want to explore new areas with out PVP.

Characters:

Look, we play because we love this game. Fix the weird graphics on the drakkin's ornamental armor, they look fat and the shoulders are all messed up. the only gear that even looks close to nice is the winter one from the December event. We love this game we like spending money on making our characters look cool, focus more on personal customization and you will gain more from it than you can image. An overall graphics increase on all races would be a good thing, clean them up fix the tiny arms and weird shoulder-blades, balance the character graphics out. The ogres and trolls look better but need more work, how about some trolls that don't loot overweight and disgusting?

Money, Time, Races... Maybe Classes?

You want more money spent some time to make more playable races like the ORCS! New race means me making new charters and stating from scratch, make a new class and you will double the result & gain interest of the common EQ'er.

Crazy Idea:

Think about this, we can talk to EQ 2 players, why not make it so EQ 1 can travel to EQ 2 and vise versa. Seriously release EQ 3 or make Landmark an expansion to EQ 1 or 2. Mind Craft makes crazy money off a bad graphic-ed game. Why? People like building stuff, you may not but lots of people do. I mean seriously the Alice in wonder land EQ 3 player made area and many others, was insane. Why not let the plays use the tools to build EQ expansions and what not. Basically expand player studios to do more.

P.S. I have brain damage from a bad car accident so please ignore the grammatical issues. Thanks.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

Huh? I am not sure what you're asking for, but in case you are unaware of current game mechanics: when you consume contracts, the mercenary skins are available indefinitely (for that character). There is nothing leftover to put in a keyring; your available selections are saved on the special mercenary vendors.

You can also obtain more mercenary slots limited by either a quest with a crazy-rare item (single character), completing a very time-consuming achievement (single character) or buying additional slots (account-wide, purchased in the marketplace).