Invis Potions - Stacking beyond 20

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matheus, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You and the rest of the devs are too hardcore for us good sir! I imagine most of us are 35+ and most of us just don't have the time or patience for EQ that we had 20 years ago. I think this quality of life change would benefit those 5 classes but I fully expect it not to happen at least for awhile.

There are things you guys add that I have no interest in so I don't participate in those things. Such as tradeskills which are atrocious and one of the worst systems in any game I've ever played. No offense intended I just really don't like the system itself and how tedious it is or how much bag space it takes up.

Just an example and my opinion. I'm not attacking you or anyone else and I understand that others may like the system. I certainly like the things that come from it. It's just not for me.
  2. Tallie Elder

As you are all aware, clerics are so vastly overpowered that if we had a fast, cheap stackable invisibility, we would probably take over all of Norrath and banish all the cleric mercs to EQ2. So it's probably for the best this way......
    Gundolin and Metanis like this.
  3. Rickate Augur

No, I'm trying to defend you. When you state invis is difficult there are 3 options:

1) You're unaware of the source of Cloudy Potions
    2) You consider purchasing items from a vendor to be difficult
    3) You posit a reason behind a design decision that is not true

3 is by far the kindest option, if you don't know how to buy Cloudy Potions or find the merchant interface to be challenging that's far worse than posting a lie either to troll for replies or because you have bosses with so little knowledge of the game they consider the statements you make to be accurate and some suit reads "invis is difficult" and places a check mark next to "Adam explained a design decision to the player base".

The reason for stacking size of Cloudy Potion is "invis is intended to be tedious for some classes" or "I posted something stupid on the internet and now my ego prevents me from changing the stack size". Again, I try to defend you and state the real reason is that the intention is tedium. If you want to clarify that you have so many hours of built up LFG angst that you simply enjoy punching back at Clerics and Warriors in some small way go ahead but I'm trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt.

There is no positive view of your statement, it's amusing brainstorming to come up with the least negative explanations for your ignorant statements. Here are some of the more negative explanations but I don't believe those, I think you just feel that the tedium is appropriate and use "difficult" because lying seemed like the path of least resistance.
  4. segap Augur

Once a month, you go to one of the several vendors, click on it, select the potion, and shift click several times to fill a few bag slots. It will take at most 5 minutes a month including zoning time. The issue isn't that getting them is tedious. It's really that inventory management is tedious and everything that takes up multiple inventory slots adds up to that tedium. This is just one thing of many that add up to an actual issue.

Now if you want to talk about tedium, let's look at summoning axes for Berserkers. That is tedium based mainly on the long cast/recast timer for something that the class goes through stacks of on a regular basis. And, no, I'm not a Berserker main.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

6. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

I have found this also drops from some mobs in Silyssar from some of the Shissar, but haven't parsed it to find out which. It is still a pain to farm in any appreciable quantity and to my knowledge the best use is still Distillate of Skinspikes which I can't keep in stock when Cloudy Potions are readily available from vendors.
  7. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Dedicating one slot for a LORE tagged item with 5 charges to replace a stack of 20 cloudy potions makes no sense, unless that invisibility is somehow immune to the RNG invis dropping. I can go through a stack of cloudy pots in an hour thanks to the RNG, I can't see running away from my task to recharge this every 12 minutes.
  8. Muji Augur

As a monk I just roll with 400 invis potions at the start of an expansion. When I drop to 200 and Im pretty used to the zones, I just keep 200 max and re-up when I go below 100. Monks are excluded from most invis items but if there was an item, it has to be instant or its trash compared to potions. I wouldnt mind maybe a drape of the unseen to save a few potions, but I dont even use my reusable steam bomb, I just click a potion.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Ticks me off that I included Paladin by accident :( But once it was reported it was "too late"
    Nicely Done. Good passive aggression.
    Gundolin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.