Invis Potions - Stacking beyond 20

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matheus, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickate Augur

The in game description isn't clear but it "also" provides flerb for "if something detects you" which strongly implies it's a form of invis.

All 5 classes is the Steambomb but including Monk in the non-invis classes is peculiar since it implies being the 12th best travel class. The 4 classes with genuine travel issues are covered by the Brigandine Tunic during SoD and then the Darkened Brigandine Tunic during UF. The issue is that as opposed to Humanoid Reductionizer where the Dev thought about existing items and made the new item more desirable, the two Tunics don't offer a better version of what was already available.

Umbra is a huge middle finger to Clerics, there is no reasonable explanation that covers excluding Clerics and including Zerks. It's simply an itemization Dev who hasn't learned anything about the game since Velious when Wizards got Invis Undead which was the logical end of it being something special for a class to be able to cast both forms of Invis. 16 years later going "oh invis, must remove Clerics" has no basis in game mechanics, lore or common sense.
    Belchere and Playful like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

So to save a few plat on invis potions by using the clicky first, we need more bag space increasing the stacking issue.
  3. Brohg Augur

It's *very* rare
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

He probably doesn't. He probably finds it amusing about the amount of whining from such high level tons in good guilds this has generated. I know I do.
    xcitng and smash like this.
  5. Thraine Augur

i bet he regrets it less than we all regret paying money for TBM ..
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Playful Journeyman

Can you say this again for the people in the back? Why clerics cant invis, lev themselves, or even have run speed, like the other priests, will always be the bane of my cleric's (hopefully shortlived) existence.
  7. Password1234 Augur

I'm in agreement, I was being sarcastic about a mostly worthless invis item that somebody suggested was actually worth using.
  8. Rickate Augur

A standard trait you look for in an employee in any field, one who finds amusement in aggravating customers.
  9. Minato Augur

its like promoting trains. if i dont have invis pots and have to get to a group ima just pull and flop lol
  10. Gnomereaper Augur

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=16825

Looking at the Recipe for Philter of Concealment:

Exceptional Shissar Blood

• This item is dropped from mobs:
      • Ssraeshza Temple
        • A Shissar Priest
        • Shissar Disciple
        • a Shissar Spirit Destroyer
        • a temple skirmisher
        • a Shissar Templar
    Would it be possible to:
    A) Rename the Exceptional Shissar Blood to a generic "blood" name such as Exceptional Thick Blood
    B) Move it onto the global drop menu from 55-110 for humanoid and animal mobs.
    Otherwise placing Philter of Concealment onto Vendors in Plane of Knowledge, Grand Guild Hall, Guild Lobby, and Plane of Tranquility?
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Heh, customers get aggravated everyday when they don't get their way. Why shouldn't an employee get some amusement out of it? It is better than the alternative which is them telling the customer how childish they are being.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Save progression servers where big bags are harder to come by this is an extreme exaggeration. If you are mass farming the need for any form of invisibility is probably rather small as you will be mass pulling and slaughtering at will. If you are grinding in current content going solo odds are you wont be killing fast enough for even a full bag of invisibility pots to make a difference in you ability to loot goods. You would literally have to be out going solo stranded in content that you cant easily return to for a ridiculous amount of time without returning to the bank, housing area and merchants to offload your goods for this to be a realistic argument for what you are trying to express as some sort of unfair earnings potential. Is it fair that pet classes have to lug around mats to make a pet and potentially gear and weapons to equip them in the event they die? How about the ranger using an entire bag slot for their quiver just to carry arrows? The crafter carrying all of their trophies and containers to make stuff for guildmates and friends at a moments notice. All players fill their bags with random crap that suits their play style which takes away from potential looting options. I am not saying I am against pots stacking beyond 20 but this is a horrible argument to try and achieve this result.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And it's still a team design choice that invisibility is difficult for those "5 classes."

Not amused, not un-amused... pretty neutral about the uproar. (doesn't make my day to have players say/imply that i'm stupid/ignorant/etc or simply disagree, but it's good to know players are passionate about the game)

I fully expect that there are player's whose opinion differs from mine. It's a fact of life.
    Some of them will express strong opinions, insulting opinions (though those go away) supporting opinions, etc. This is also the way of life.
    More of the people with dissenting opinions will post than those with supporting opinions. You get it... This is how life goes.

14. Metanis Bad Company

Clerics are masochists. Being slighted in this way just feels right. Thank you sir! May I have another?
    Jhenna_BB, Tallie and Playful like this.
  15. Rickate Augur

difficult: needing much effort or skill to accomplish, deal with, or understand
    tedious: too long, slow, or dull: tiresome or monotonous

From the perspective of the majority of your customers who are at least level 85:

Optionally: kill 1 to thousands of Level 70ish mobs or defeat a specific PoR raid until you obtain an item with unlimited charges of 5 second invis or other options that have a longer cast time and/or include a recast time

Mandatory: find the balance between inventory space used and frequency of visits to Mirao Frostpouch and/or the use of Expedient Delivery Voucher as Cloudy Potion is the only efficient option to deal with invis dropping and some will also use it for initial invis if no one has a group invis AA or click

The team is not making a decision on difficulty. The team is simply maintaining a level of tedium that a player can choose between the "quiver penalty" and devote an entire top inventory slot to Cloudy Potion or has to begin or end each play session with an inventory check and possibly a visit to Mirao in order to have a mandatory invis tool while using little inventory space or keep EDV on hand and use ;gen can someone put a stack of Cloudy Potions at 100pp each on their trader please

A patch that increased stack size of Cloudy Potion would result in Mirao having his single best sales day ever and put Cloudy Potion in with Peridot, Emerald, Pearl, Malachite, Bone Chips, Fresh Fish, Water Flask or even Philter of Major Translocation where a single inventory slot provides a sufficient quantity for an extended period of time.

If you were honest and simply said, "we consider the game more immersive if some classes make regular visits to Mirao or use all/most of a top inventory slot to achieve an essential function", you would have a defensible position. When you state "invisibility is difficult" you do not have a defensible position, the statement is simply ignorant. If it's ignorance in the sense of lack of knowledge I can provide that knowledge, if it's the other meaning of ignorance I'm unable to contribute to a solution.

Your rationalizations about internet comments are typical, if you can't address an issue you address the source. Instant self invis is trivial for all classes outside of the progression servers and once PoP opens even with more limited bag space it's pretty trivial on progression, it simply comes at the cost of not being able to loot a few items per play session or possibly choosing to deal with hungry and thirsty spam towards the end of a play session or a gate/campfire or other break.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

See. People have strong opposing decisions and attack the statement and the Dev. Implying that I'm a liar :) ("If you were honest...")
    xcitng, Dythan and Jhenna_BB like this.
  17. shiftie Augur

What is the rationale behind it? What choice are the players making that you feel necessary to game design?

It doesnt seem like a valid game mechanic at this point in the game. It would be different if players were requesting the ability as an aa or spell. They are requesting larger stacks and stacks of items only matter with regards to the finite space involved. The limitations of bag space (code) should not dictate an arbitrary choice you think the players are making. Otherwise you wouldn’t have invented key rings.

We used to choose to look like a wood elf or have an inventory slot for potions as an example. You recognized the limitations of bag space and adapted the game mechanics.

Can you please elaborate?
  18. Password1234 Augur

Making invis difficult for certain classes makes sense, but not in a game where every class has been given the ability to fade or feign death. It seems completely arbitrary in that context.
  19. Conq Augur

I'm happy to have the potion belt functionality on my Cloudy Potions. AND I can click them from inside any of my 40 slot bags! Hellz ya, I'll take it. And for the record, I'm all for abolishing all Fades' except monk, sk, necro and bard, especially the fades that come with invis!
    Conq
    PS. Sidenote - all those uber superpowers and raiders still can't run to a raid NPC without dieing - FFS, I'm a cleric and run every time without aggro or dying! AND you call yourself a raider and can't levi yourself?! Pffft, TLP servers are recruiting and they want you!
  20. Gundolin Augur

Still ticks me off that they were All except Cleric.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.