Idea to help with mana for rangers

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Greymantle, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Greymantle Augur

Currently rangers can quite easisly unload all of their mana in any raid encounter. With the new changes made to the AA's poison / frost /flame arrow proces, it has still not made these very atractive to use.
    How about instead of mana you change the cost to use endurance? We almost never run out of that.
  2. smash Augur

You answered your own question, why not endurance, because you have almost unending endurance..
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Wouldn't be an awful idea, could get probably 75-100 Poison arrow procs on a full tank of endurance.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Idea: Spend time between raids helping level/gear/progress alts whose raiding mains are beastlord's. :)
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Your is logic flawed. How about we put that "endless endurance" to good use? It's a useless stat.
  6. smash Augur

I do not see it as flawed, your endurance is there to drive your discs, and your other combat abilties. They not there to use from AA, on abilities that run through mana.

Your endurance is used so you do not topple over exhaustion when you do melee, it is not there as a source to extend your spells and such.

Try to die and have no endurance and see how "useless" the stat it, I would say your melee drops.

If you could drain the endurance to help your melee Things, you would not be a hybrid, but a pure melee.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

We are a hybrid yes that uses probably 95% mana. Can't remember the last time I used breather/hiatus other than needing endurance after death to use WS or last effort melee. Endurance is well above 90% after long periods of fighting. Mana usage however.....well everyone knows how intensive it is.
  8. smash Augur

And like old days, people gotta manage their mana and stuff.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Every class has a quick resource recovery tool for their primary resource other than rangers. This isn't the old days anymore.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If you played a Ranger you'd know that through normal endurance regeneration and Breather you're good to go. Even on raids you end up on the agro list instantly upon rez you're still good to go by and large - oh and by the way we're getting 1 more point of end regen next patch per tier of Reformation. We can cast jolting kicks and focused blades and still have the upkeep for our bow disc. I'll reiterate, it's a useless stat.

I'm not at all trying to make you sound like you're dumb, I respect your posts on the boards - you're one of the sane ones. The ship sailed many years ago on the different colored mana bars. Every melee class is Hybrid now and it's been that way since the original Kunark.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Well as far as dieing and having no end at rez, we get an ability to increase end regen up to 28% or so. We do not get the eqivelent for mana regen, and typically our mana pool is much larger than our end pool. But even on extended raid burns , my end will not drop below 80% . And like Jennna aid, with the latest on test, we are going to be getting an increase to the regen on end in the next patch.

Our spells are not mana efficient like the pure casters. We have several high use spells that consume between 5-7% of our mana per shot. As a result most rangers never use the 3 aa arrow procs as we cannot afford the mana drain. The latest change makes them marginally better, but with the high resist rates I see on them, they are not worth the mana cost for me. Hence the suggestion to have them consume something we have in excess.
  12. Fintank Augur

If this was actually how things were I'd agree whole heartedly, however our 2 arrow nukes we've had for the longest time consume mana despite being 100% skill attacks. Dichotomic triggers an actual spell so it's pretty iffy. The nature of the Arrow Procs to me at least is we're "coating them with mana" when they proc or however you want to look at it so it makes sense for them to use mana imo. However our 2 pure skill attack spells should have never used mana, as ALL the other hybrids have all their skill attacks bound to Endurance or nothing at all if they're AA's. The only reason we don't is because they made ours a damn spell instead of a combat ability.

For reference: Beastlord VS Ranger

[57451/2720] Mangle Rk. II
    Classes: BST/109
    Skill: Hand to Hand (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 305
    Target: Single
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 9
    Hate: 1292
    1: Hand to Hand Attack for 458 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Hand to Hand Attack for 458 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3: Hand to Hand Attack for 458 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

[57387/2731] Storm of Claws Rk. II
    Classes: BST/107
    Skill: Hand to Hand (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 533
    Target: Directional AE (320 to 40 Degrees)
    Range: 50', AE Range: 50'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 6
    Max Targets: 3
    1: Hand to Hand Attack for 284 with 300% Accuracy Mod
    2: Hand to Hand Attack for 284 with 275% Accuracy Mod
    3: Hand to Hand Attack for 340 with 200% Accuracy Mod
    4: Hand to Hand Attack for 312 with 225% Accuracy Mod

[55507/11732] Foreseen Shots Rk. II
    Classes: RNG/106
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 1495
    Range: 200'
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 38s, Timer: 7, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Archery Attack for 304 with 400% Accuracy Mod
    2: Archery Attack for 304 with 450% Accuracy Mod
    3: Archery Attack for 268 with 500% Accuracy Mod
    4: Archery Attack for 268 with 600% Accuracy Mod

[55650/11729] Focused Arrowgale Rk. II
    Classes: RNG/110
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 927
    Range: 200'
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 5, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Archery Attack for 258 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Archery Attack for 258 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3: Archery Attack for 258 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    4: Archery Attack for 258 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

Warpeace, Maedhros and Tucoh like this.
  13. smash Augur

However it would hep if you compare apple with apples and not apples with oranges.

Mangle Rk. II/ Storm of Claws Rk. II = combat abilties.

Foreseen Shots Rk. II/ Focused Arrowgale Rk. II = spells. These are not combat abilties but spells. They got a range of 200+

Storm of Claws Rk. II = Squal of blades. and Squall of blades uses endurance.
  14. Fintank Augur

You're missing my point. The point is there is no reason for the arrow nukes to be SPELLS instead of combat abilities, the fact NOBODY else has skill attacks triggered by mana is what I am bringing up. The only reason we do is because at inception they made them spells, for whatever reason. The comparison was Hybrid vs Hybrid, both DPS hybrids.
  15. Brohg Augur

I'm pretty sure that other hybrid class would be super stoked if their spells would do skill attacks instead of spell damage, getting disc multipliers and no longer caring about resists. That arrows aren't nukes is a major upside to rng dps versus bst.
  16. smash Augur

It is no more a combat ability than an apple is an orange, and it should not be so.
  17. Fintank Augur

First off I understand it isn't, this is all just theory based. Why shouldn't it be though? Besides the fact this is all pointless anyway and won't change anything because of how long the spells have been around. What it does is a skill attack, aka a combat ability which should be endurance based according to one of your prior posts. If the spell data didn't say mana or have a cast time there'd be no difference between it and any of the other many skill attacks spell data wise. Maybe the Range on it is also a factor in why it's a spell, of this I am unsure. However, based on what it does, there's no actual reason for it to be a spell instead of a combat ability in my opinion. Again this whole thing is meaningless since the likelihood of it changing is slim to none. Just a nice thought for helping with Ranger mana consumption since we're the only class without an instant mana back option.
  18. Maedhros High King

Almost every class has a "Break glass for mana" button. Ranger needs it badly.
  19. smash Augur

Number of classes do need, however i think top priority of classes might be druids as rangers can still fight using melee, while druids end like dead ducks and so are the chars they heal.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

So what you're saying is because we're just damage and not a healing class we need to spend 40 AA's not to run out of mana? Uh huh... :rolleyes: