Invis Potions - Stacking beyond 20

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matheus, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou EQResource

You would just carry 4000 invis potions instead of 800 in that case though :p (if they stacked to at least 100)
    gotwar likes this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Ngreth you are one of my favorite Devs but I have to disagree , It really does not force any kind of meaningful choice for anyone who has to have invis pots. It just does not. If you have to have them there really is no "choice"
    Gyurika Godofwar and Daedly like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I wonder if Ngreth is regretting posting on this thread...
  4. segap Augur

Don't go where you need to invis without having a group member that can invis you? That is a choice. You don't need them. It's a convenience item.
  5. Allayna Augur

Choice: Carry the potions or don't?
    Choice: Play a class that can invis or don't?

Exactly what choices?
    xcitng and Playful like this.
  6. Pano Augur

Have you con'd your guild master recently? He hasn't leveled once in all that time! What a slacker...
    Maedhros and Rowanoak like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Really at this point, how is it possible this design choice hasn't changed? Our Characters are level 110 gods. There should be an invs AA click for every class by max level. Just make the "non invs" classes have a self only one.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Seldom Augur

Ngreth can’t be in anymore regret responding to this thread than all the unlucky classes that still have to make the choice to stockpile up on the same cloudy potions 20 years later I’d imagine lol. Constructive feedback is nearly always good. Even when in clear disagreement.

If for whatever reason a handful of classes are just never going to receive invis and we have to make a choice between invisibility potions versus inventory space(assuming this is the choice), I think an upgraded Foggy Potion with set duration invisibility added to vendors at this point would be relatively decent compromise.

This is a fairly simple quality of play thing that has been overlooked way too long IMO. It was somewhat temporarily alleviated for awhile when fades gave a set duration invisibility. From a lore perspective I think it’s pretty silly that all the teleporting, gating and guildhall ports/transportation devices exist yet it remains such a struggle for some classes to adequately invis themselves. Who would have ever imagined in early years of EQ that we would be teleporting all around with no Wizard/Druid but still stocking up on Cloudy Potions =(

Hopefully this stance is reconsidered in some logical way. Definitely would lead to many happy Warriors, Clerics, Paladins, Monks and Berserkers :)
    Belchere likes this.
  9. Allayna Augur

IIRC there is already a set invis potion available on the beta vendor. So, the item is already coded and exists....albeit on the beta server, seems a simple quality of life improvement to push that to live.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Seldom like this.
  10. Brohg Augur

That's an alchemy product? Philter of Concealment
  11. Rickate Augur

EoK

Invested Circlet of Umbra Armor ID: 148835
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE INFUSIBLE
    Lore Group: 148828
    Slot: Head
    Purity: 70
    AC: 442 HP: 5585 + 7/tick MANA: 5640 + 7/tick END: 5640 ATK: 44
    STA: 60 + 25 STR: 60 + 25 WIS: 60 + 25 INT: 60 + 25 DEX: 60 + 25 AGI: 60 + 25 CHA: 60 + 25
    SV FIRE: 72 SV COLD: 72 SV MAGIC: 72 SV POISON: 72 SV DISEASE: 72 SV CORRUPT: 2
    Heal Amount: 60
    Spell Dmg: 60
    Clairvoyance: 78
    Worn Effect: Faerune
    1: See Invisible
    2: Ultravision
    3: Enduring Breath
    Focus Effect: Magic Damage 67-100 L115
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 68% to 100% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    Click Effect: Gather Umbra (Must be All except CLR) Casting Time: 0.2s Recast Delay: 5m
    1: Invisibility (Unstable)
    2: Cast: Umbral Guard if Not Cast By Item Click
    Slot 1, type 5: empty
    Slot 2, type 8: empty
    Slot 3, type 14: empty
    Required level of 105.
    Class: All except CLR

Circlet of Umbra Armor ID: 148828
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE INFUSIBLE
    Lore Group: 148828
    Slot: Head
    Purity: 50
    AC: 340 HP: 4190 + 5/tick MANA: 4235 + 5/tick END: 4235 ATK: 31
    STA: 42 + 19 STR: 42 + 19 WIS: 42 + 19 INT: 42 + 19 DEX: 42 + 19 AGI: 42 + 19 CHA: 42 + 19
    SV FIRE: 54 SV COLD: 54 SV MAGIC: 54 SV POISON: 54 SV DISEASE: 54 SV CORRUPT: 1
    Heal Amount: 45
    Spell Dmg: 45
    Clairvoyance: 59
    Worn Effect: Faerune
    1: See Invisible
    2: Ultravision
    3: Enduring Breath
    Focus Effect: Magic Damage 57-75 L115
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 57% to 75% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    Click Effect: Gather Umbra (Must be All except CLR) Casting Time: 0.2s Recast Delay: 5m
    1: Invisibility (Unstable)
    2: Cast: Umbral Guard if Not Cast By Item Click
    Slot 1, type 5: empty
    Slot 2, type 7: empty
    Slot 3, type 13: empty
    Required level of 105.
    Class: All except CLR
  12. Playful Journeyman

Key phrase being: Class: All except CLR. So they make us use invis pots, and intentionally leave us out of an item that would make our lives easier. If the choice is not playing them outside raids because they're a disgrace, then your wish is our command.

Also even if we are stocked on invis pots a gina trigger is necessary because it drops frequently, sometimes right after casting the invis. So what choice is that? Looking in the mirror at how idiotic we are to play such a ridiculous class?

Like can we ask for a second opinion, because this one is archaic.
  13. fortuneteller Augur

Could understood you if there were not those big bags.

A person can carry 10 bags, each bag can have up to 40 slots, meaning you got up to 400 slots free.

So there should really not be a problem setting up up to 5 slots, for 5 stacks of potions, which is 100 potions, that is less than 1,25% of your total inventory.
  14. Thraine Augur

same with rangers, quivers and bow haste, im forced to carry a quiver instead of 40 slot bag if i want to produce proper bow dps.

these are rules that made sense over a decade ago .. now a days it just pi$$es people off
  15. Goodn Augur

Thank you...except...

You are pulling the description from a database. If you actually look in game at the inspect page, not once does it mention invisibility...I know after I first got it, it was awhile until I realized about the invis. I thought the umbra description part was just flavor text for the underwhelming rune. Umbra <> Invisibility in the English language (I will admit if this was literature, you might have a case...item descriptions shouldn't be literature). And of course, it's unstable.

And if the item itself isn't the biggest middle finger to clerics everywhere, I don't know what is.

So, when was the last item without charges that covered all 5 classes put in? The reusable steambomb from Mech Guardian in SoF?

Again, if every other class with invisibility were still dealing with their spells only, there is an argument against better invisibility choices for the Uninvised 5. But those class all got better while the choices for U5 stayed the same.
    Playful and Allayna like this.
  16. DaciksBB Augur

5 minute cooldown for an unstable invis, no thank you
  17. Password1234 Augur

It's a nice upgrade from the Mechamatic Guardian's 15 minute cooldown for an unstable invis, which somebody recommended earlier and I have literally never had last longer than 2 minutes.
  18. Allayna Augur

The point being, that an unstable invis click, with a refresh use timer, is never going to replace the insta-click potion that is an unstable invis. There's simply no choice.
    Playful, DaciksBB and Bigstomp like this.
  19. Intenso Augur

Just make every mob see Invis next exspansion problem solved
  20. Owch Crotchety SOB

Stacking Cloudy Potions to say 100 would be a nice little QoL bone to throw the invis-challenged classes.

That said, I love my Mask of Vanishing. Five seconds is usually enough time to get out of line of sight to finish the click, and if not, I've got pots at the ready. And oh by the way, it has a two second recast. It surprises me how relatively few people take the time to farm one.
    DaciksBB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.