Invis Potions - Stacking beyond 20

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matheus, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matheus New Member

Dear Team,

Please consider allowing invis potions to stack beyond 20. It'll save add'l space in bags etc...

Thank you!
    Jhenna_BB and Conq like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am still of the opinion that limiting how many of certain things, including invisibility potions, a person can carry at once is the correct decision. It forces choices.
    Tarvas and Sagarmatha like this.
  3. shiftie Augur

Like filling a bag full of potions? Vs being able to loot more items? So basically spend plat for not being able to cast invisibility 110 leveled later meanwhile also earning less money by forced bag space limitations. So anyone who can cast invisibility has an arbitrary game earning potential advantage that seems unfairly judge/deemed appropriate.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

At this point in time, to invis/not to invis isn't really a choice. For classes without their own form of invis, carrying one becomes a requirement. You either carry the potions, or inconvenience your friends by making them kill everything (or cast invis on you all the time). I can't express how frustrating it is to be that guy who has to ask for an invis after every kill because you forgot to restock on pots.

The inventory space isn't really a choice either. I imagine this is a typical "main" inventory, for a class that doesn't have its own invis (and doesn't just box a character with a form of perfect invis):

[IMG]

I can see how invis pot stacking might be a problem in-era on TLP, but on Live, it's really just a quality-of-life thing for the few classes that can't invis themselves. Our Paladin, Cleric, and Warrior friends really do deserve a little convenience love when it comes to invis. Forcing the annoyance of pots on them in the first place is a pain; further compounding it by not allowing them to stack is just rude!
  5. kizant Augur

Forcing some choices is a good thing, in general, but it no longer makes sense.

1. There's too many 40 slots bags. People can still carry a ridiculous amount of items no matter what the stack size happens to be.
    2. The only real drawback of having to manage your bag space, when you have 100s of available slots, no longer exists because of the Find UI.

At this point it's just an annoyance. EQ really needed a good Inventory UI with multiple filtered and sorted views and to never make bags so big in the first place. It's probably too late to really fix.
    Zoso likes this.
  6. Jaylin Augur

I would hardly say it forces choices, other than the choice of being frustrated at running out and logging out for the night maybe. Many Quality of life improves are things that arent needed or wanted, yet are somehow deemed super important. With bag slots being 40 slots, space isnt really an issue and its not really a choice, its just a hassle.

I guess we could revert the ability for clicks to work in the bag, people would have to choose to have a top inventory slot open, or use the clicky.

Could turn off the find options, because now people dont have the make the choice to keep their bags in order, or look in every single bag until they find the item they want...

Those two statements are ridiculous, but so is limiting potion stacking because it forces people to "choose".... lol
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rowanoak like this.
  7. kdomg Journeyman

Or better yet - offer more bags (40s!!!) on TLPs........no idea why you don't want my money, but I'd gladly fork it over...

Oh wait scratch that, I forgot that InventoryQuest is the reason I keep coming back. o_O
  8. Cleaver Augur

What choice ? Carrying one on a warrior or zerker isnt a choice its a requirement. All you do is inconvenience players with something that shouldn't be one.
  9. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Solution: Make a new invis potion that stacks to 100 called "Mist Potion" with one or more of the following characteristics:

1. Lower duration invisibility spell
    2. Same duration but higher cost on the merchant (tripled cost)
    3. Crafted only (ingredients in later expansions to preclude TLP). If crafted, the combine would make batches of 50 or 100.
  10. segap Augur

Then how about reducing the number of various other things we need to have space for. Such as progression tasks that require collecting a dozen different things. Collections having 7 fairly common items with 1 rare could really be 3 common and 1 rare. Things like the TBM mirror clickie could really be an AA instead of an item you need to carry indefinitely. Visible armor drops that are containers requiring you're able to free up a top level inventory slot to do a combine rather than being able to keep a bag there (assuming you'd be able to always empty the bag when needed) or progression tasks requiring you do a tradeskill combine in the field and have a free top level spot available.

I think this request comes more down to how players can cope with bloat elsewhere in the game. Allowing potions and poisons to stack more helps free up a few bag slots for all the stuff we don't have a choice for.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

I have a slot dedicate for a quiver for bow haste and don’t use but the arrow in my ammo spot.
    Risiko and Jhenna_BB like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I thought TLP'ers wanted the Classic EQ experience. There were no 40 slot bags back then.
  13. eqzekisdead Augur

LOL they will sell 100slot bags in the cash shop but stacking invis potions goes against the spirit of the game!!
    ZoomBox, Zoso and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

I play, and have always played, a paladin (primarily solo). I sure would not object to cloudy potions stacking in larger quantities, but I rarely use them anyways. I reserve the use of the potion to when my other invisibility starts to fade in an inopportune location.

I have used a Mask of Vanishing for years (and prior to that, the faster-casting rechargeable Mask of Espionage . . . which I would still prefer but for the fact that it is a long- run to recharge the thing). I also use a Shroud of Steam for things where I want to be sure that invisibility will be more reliable. There are other invisibility clicks (e.g. the helm from the FM Ancient is a group invisibility, just too long of a recast . . . and excludes clerics for some reason) so I don't understand the hubbub.
  15. Angahran Augur

I may be wrong but is it just clerics who still have no option for any type of invis clicky ?
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

Clerics have a few choices when it comes to invis clickers. There is one from Fabled Overking, one from HH Guk, one from Mechmatic guardian zone, and then the all/all one from Depths of Darkhollow missions. That's the ones I'm aware of.
  17. Pano Augur

And they are all terrible when it comes to cast time.
  18. Brohg Augur

also Deathknell cloak, Drape of the Unseen
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. svann Augur

Maybe next anniversary there will be an all/all clickie
  20. Goodn Augur

I am on board with your logic...if in game invisibility was still in a 2002 state. But it has moved on. Now every class that had some type of regular invisibility from spells now has permanent fast (or insta-) casting invisibility, usually far more powerful than any spell granted at any time...except clerics, paladins, warriors, monks, and berserkers.

So your "choices" only affects those 5 classes, and the other 11 get to ignore it. And because the majority of classes don't benefit from invisibility clickies, the devs don't put them in the game. When was the last one put in (not counting the 10! charge mask in HH Seb)?

There was an earlier post by a dev in response to a player question about certain RoS negative effects and why they couldn't be cured. The response was that the mobs have learned over the years what the players can do and have adjusted.

Why haven't the paladin and cleric guildmasters learned how to do something that 11 other classes can easily do?

I'm fine with your logic on the food/drink stuff...players can easily force feed to keep refreshing hunger so there's no real need to make food/drink have large stacks. This affects everyone equally.

The invisibility logic only affects 5 classes and should be addressed as a quality of life issue for these classes...whether it be large stacking potions, a new potion with longer cast time that stacks more, more items in game that have relatively fast times. Any of those would be fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.