Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

All I want from EQ is the option to use as many mercs as I like in a group OR account to account transfers.

As a player on a low pop server, where most people are multi-boxing or huddled at the far end of the game, clawing at the walls for new content, the abyss from 85 to 110 is just.... depressing.

Yes, I am that "solo player in an mmo" that everyone hates... but frankly, I love MMOs, I've been trained over decades to loathe random groups, and I'm not willing to grovel as hard as raid guilds seem to expect.

Options to play as I prefer (given that I AM paying for them) should be available. Fastest path to something I'd consider QoL beyond this is allowing LDoNs to be done solo+ and scaling them to that level. We all know the "workaround" is in place, so why not just make it official? You'd make us all happier and solo/molo players (like myself) would enjoy having alternatives.

Finally, I'd like to see Gold account either not be charged merc upkeep OR have a set amount of Bayle coins per subscription period to offset the platinum sieving.

These are my wishes. They're probably no one else's, but I'm ok with that.
  2. Raccoo Augur

I wish they'd have messages to show what type of magic mobs were immune to, like with root/snare.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. Aurmoon Augur

Not a suggestion per-se, but I would like to thank the Devs for the massive amount of work that has gone into EQ over the past few years to improve quality of life. In particular, converting certain abilities / power-ups into passive AAs has been a very welcome change. I believe it started with the conversion from “Form of Defense” and other clickies all the way to certain AAs and spells (Banestrike). I do hope this trend continues in an effort to streamline play as well as free up buff slots!
  4. MiataDriver Augur

Please, change shaman (and mage) malxxx AAs back. It is absolutely horrible now.
    xcitng and Yinla like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

I would like if the Skills window were tabbed for Utility / Combat / Languages / Tradeskills.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

It would be nice for me if Fellowship membership was by account, not by character
  7. Conq Augur

I would like to be able to filter out any posts concerning TLP. I don't give two fuks about TLP and sifting through all the traffic of whining posts is cumbersome. Other than deleting those servers, can I just turn on a filter on these forums to sort them out? Thanks. Nothing personal to all the non whiners on TLP's. ;)
    Conq
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

It would be fantastic if bards where nights...
  9. xcitng Augur

I just want my AA Malo back that was not resistable, this new way is awful!! :(
    Yinla likes this.
  10. eqzekisdead Augur

When you leave a spirit shroud you have to retrieve each item individually from the spirit bank even if they were in bags. This is annoying when I carry 3 bags full of items and have to click on each item.
    You should be able to claim all items from the spirit bank at once.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  11. Zekitup New Member

I'd like for pets to auto equip their armor/weapons/items by summoning the bag directly to them.
  12. Daedly Augur

Achievement window: When an achievement (main achievement) requires the completion of other achievements (sub-achievement), it should provide clickable links for the sub-achievment.

Since it doesn't look like task timers are not ever going away, I wouldn't mind a marketplace potion that costs in the range of 100 to 200 DB cash that will reset all your task timers. Raids excluded and maybe put a 20 hour timer on it so you can only use 1 per day?
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Here's one I would definitely like. When you copy a layout from another character, it needs to also copy channel filters to the chat windows you have. Additionally, transparency settings would copy over as well.
  14. Password1234 Augur

I'd like for the Find button to not automatically face you in the opposite direction of where you need to go.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzy force of XXX to be effected by range focus, ie now it isa costing me mana to use it should work with all foci, so I don't get an out of range message when I use an AA instead of a spell!

I'd also like to not have my guild mates forced to use a 3rd party programs to raid, just so they have timers!
    Coagagin likes this.
  16. ForumBoss Augur

/Split itemname

If retrieving items from parcel and you have a full inventory, at least retrieve items you have existing stacks for.

/finditem across characters on an account. Across accounts would be great, but I don't think there is a mechanism for linking accounts.

Link all option in advanced loot window.

Buff set templates, storing the ideal set of buffs you want, including order preferably. If you are missing a buff in your saved slot, it will show a greyed out icon of the buff window.

Raid merge capability if you invite a raid leader.

Fix advl CTD
  17. kizant Augur

I want a Chat Filter setting that applies at a global level for showing 'mine only' or 'everyone'. Basically, if I set it to mine only then all the chat filters that have a choice of mine only should be set that way.

Or an easier option would be to have an additional way to sort the chat filters. If all the filters that had an option of 'mine only' were next to each other then at least it wouldn't be as bad finding them and toggling the option.

I'd like to switch back and forth between these settings during a raid so it's not just one time setup for the filters for me.
  18. Angahran Augur

1. Add guild bank to the 'find item' window.
    2. Add 'associated' houses to the 'find item' window. e.g. if you are co-owner (or specifically have access).
    3. Some way to have bank and guild bank windows open at the same time.
  19. Brohg Augur

Activatable AAs should have an "Activate" option in the AA window, not just a Hotbutton one.

I would like the expansion pack-in personal teleporters to be consumable, unlocking activatable AAs when clicked:

Gorowyn Translocator Beacon
    Ancient Iksar Translocator Stone
    Touchstone of Health
    [that parrot one for Brother's Island. didn't buy it since there wasn't a guild version included]
    Harbinger's Staff
    Signet of the Crystal Circle
    Mark of Brell
    Scepter of Draconic Calling
    Spring Coil Particle Relocator
    Arx Key
    Ring of Jaggedpine
    Binden Concerrentia? sure that too

I would similarly like concerned NPCs/doors to recognize that I have acquired Keystone, Keeper's Ring, Quintessence of Elements, and Zun`Muram's Signet of Command without having to shlep those tokens around in my bags for more decades.

Hotbuttons made for abilities (combat abilities, activated AAs) should have a default Icon (matching their spell data, obv) not just a default Label.
    Felicite and Koryu like this.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

...but if they make a key ring for selected transportation clickies, then it might drive some income (implying that this is a good thing).