Test Update 09/05/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No clue, but I can duplicate it, so making a bug for Code. (Weirder is that it isn't all "non-dusting" containers )
  2. smash Augur

I Wonder how this might actually be effected by other abilties.

I mean, zerkers got Blinding fury, which reduces weapons delay by around 15%, will that result in Berserker's Juggernaut's Weapon Mastery and Juggernaut's Mastery of Throwing be lowered ?
  3. mackal Augur

I've had weird stuff trigger on me all the time using quest containers. (Weird stuff as in AAs that fire off random skills, like the old monk AA that would proc endurance regen using one of their skill attacks that I don't think exists anymore, I don't remember which specifically, but it was one of the quests on the dino island :p )
  4. Moldar Augur

Any chance you folks mind looking into removing this series of spells from consuming Scarlet Cheetah's Fang counters if they are no longer flagged to twincast. Really would be appreciated
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Yeah, how is it implemented? The static base value of the equipped weapon? Will classes see a reduced benefit from these ability lines when under the effects of Ruuarbis Fury, Beast Dicho, etc that reduce delay?
  6. Moldar Augur

Thank you very much
  7. Turoq Journeyman

Would like to see if at all possible to squeeze in a change to Ranger's 'Copsestalker's Enrichment' to be MGB'able as you did for Beastlords 'Fero' in the last patch.
    Jhenna_BB and Maedhros like this.
  8. Moldar Augur

Any chance you folks mind elaborating this a bit more for us players so we know what we are testing for at least for melee (since not all can do spells, excluding weapon procs).
  9. Catashe Augur

God help us all now... ;)
  10. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

Prathun, please get them to add Robe of the Spring. I love you.
    - Happyfeet (Phinigel)
  11. Riou EQResource

Unless they changed the SPA, HHE are a bonus and don't lower its scaled damage, only your haste value will change it (and re-use on discs/spells)

Weapon delay / (Haste % in window / 10) = modifier
    modifier * # seen in AA window = dmg bonus added per hit with that weapon

There is a cap of 10x modifier, mostly for Abilities/Spells that use that hit damage for its hit (such as a say 30s reuse disc that uses 2hs as its skill attack on a class with a 2hs dmg AA in that list, will see a 10x modifier instead of base what AA says Test vs Live)

To see the effects it will have, on Live the value is a flat add to every hit, for the new Test values you can use Live Hits * gain or loss, then add/subtract that gain/loss to see what you would do post patch, you would need to do this for abilities too to see total gains or losses
    Nniki, Sancus and Moldar like this.
  12. Daedly Augur

Where did you get the formula from? I am curious if you know how this will effect things like Volley since it does not have a weapon to draw the delay from?
  13. Riou EQResource

The SPA uses 1s delay = 1x scale up to 10x scale
    so, 1.5s delay = 1.5x scale, etc

That formula just converts your weapon delay to your true delay post haste, so a ~1.1s weapon delay (~25 delay with 225% maxed haste) will scale the effect to ~1.1x base value. Of course its EQ math so it should truncate and such somewhere or everywhere, but it should be close enough :p, there doesn't seem to be a minimum Cap though so the 18 delay 1hers get a 0.8 modifier, which will cause them to lose a bit more vs Live.

Volley if it is a disc uses disc reuse time for its delay in seconds = modifier (everything has a cap of 10x), so if it has a 6s reuse it will get a 6x modifier, if it has a 12s reuse it will get a 10x modifier (because capped)
    Daedly likes this.
  14. Gnomereaper Augur

Can you give clerics 2h Bash this patch?
    Metanis and Daedly like this.
  15. Maedhros High King

Uh, let me tell you how fun it is as a dps class when adps classes are too incompetent to push a single button. You don't have to be in a top 3 guild to expect players to not suck. You know what really takes the fun out of the game? Being in a guild without any kind of standards or expectations that allows incompetence and cannot beat trivial content. ;)
    Thrillho, kizant, Turoq and 4 others like this.
  16. Password1234 Augur

I played with this on test and it's noticeably less spammable. If Helix of the Undying absolutely has to be linked to this one particular spell (still don't know why was this changed to begin with?) then it's a tiny little nerf. Small, but the utility is weaker nonetheless.

Also the "Improved..." AAs that go along with it haven't been altered, so the reduction they give of the new .5 second casting time is negligible. If the base casting time is going to be reduced to .5 seconds, the AAs to improve it should probably reduce the recast time instead.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Were past has to be linked to this spell, it is. Linking that ability to the spell was another horrible design choice for the class. You can compare it to linking the agro mod to the preservation line. This change comes as yet another screw you to the Paladin class but also affects Sk.
  18. Angahran Augur

Talking of things fishy.. any chance of getting an upgraded, tackle box, say 10 slot ?
  19. Maedhros High King

Pretty nice patch if everything goes live right!
    I applaud the work the devs have been doing this summer. It tentatively feels like much more effort has been put into listening to the community this year. Thanks!

Hopefully in 2 months I am not regretting those words!
  20. Midasa Elder

Any chance you will be fixing the sound for opening bags and purchasing items? I didn't hear any change on test.
    kizant likes this.