botting and rmt

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eldrend, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Eldrend New Member

2. Monkman Augur

Yeah that’s pretty bada$$
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Resources.

Reading the article you can tell there's a ton of resources going into that effort.
    Axxius and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Sancus, Dzarn and Quatr like this.
  5. kizant Augur

Do what exactly? Post the numbers of people they ban for cheating? I don't see anything special in that post.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Daybreak simply needs to remove tradeable global rares for the next two future expansions to target those parties.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

I'm not sure what the OP meant... actually having a Dev Blog? That would be pretty radical but you know the suits at DBG wouldn't let our Devs actually blog anything of interest.
  8. segap Augur

Punishing the many for the bad behavior of a few is never a good idea.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I personally like tradeable global rares. However, I'd rather have GM resources and less clunky or invasive anti-cheat code if a game mechanic simply needs to be removed. I did not rule out the possibility of "no trade" global rares.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't understand. They ban cheaters. Check. They ban botting. Check. They ban RMTers. Wut?

Real Money Traders with their incessant spam are a nuisance, but so are griefers who skirt the rules by "roleplaying". But why ban? That's like revoking the citizenship of the makers of infomercials. If there's a market, someone is going to fill the void. And someone is going to buy their crap.

While I don't patronize RMTers, I get why they're there. People with more money than good sense spend cash to have the game played for them. Other than revealing their poor judgement, is that so wrong?
    Metanis and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Because it is a violation of the end user license agreement?
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Would love to see DBG banning all the botters in EQ like EVE is.
    xcitng likes this.
  13. fortuneteller Augur

I normally do not call people Things, but do you not think you might be a tad naive ?

Do you really think that DBG will reduce their own income from EQ by like 50-60% ?

The person WHO do the 7-+++ amount of chars at once, should be banned, because of using some sort of 3rd person Tool.

Person WHO box with playing chars normally without tools, should not.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

When all of this is said, it is not up to me, or anyone else, beside DBG to make & enforce the rules
  15. Ghubuk Augur

Not naiive at all. Cheating will kill the game. Why do you think other games work so hard to combat it?
    xcitng likes this.
  16. fortuneteller Augur

However as long as DBG does not come out and say: Botting is not allowed, botting is not cheating.

And they indirectly says: Botting is allowed, by making the true box servers.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Boxing is not Botting.
    xcitng likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My point is why have a rule against it at all?
  20. Wizlard Augur

[IMG]

Go back to P99 if you want no tools whatsoever.

Edit: Or how about go play the game in OP...