Next TLP, any timeframe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Aug 27, 2018.

1. TimeBreak Elder

There is only so much to do on Agnarr so was wondering when a new TLP was going to launch. Original plan was to play through Agnarr, then jump over to Coirnav around Velious. That server is such hot garbage that I'm now at the point of raiding 1-2 days a week on Agnarr and that's it. Hopefully we'll get a new TLP, without the god awful Phinny/Coirnav xp, soon so there will be something to do again.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

Probably March of 2019 to milk the 20th anniversary.
    Zadune, HappyPanda, Fhiele and 2 others like this.
  3. snailish Augur

Phinny XP is good now.

Protocol's prediction of next anny makes the most sense.
    Fhiele likes this.
  4. monkypowah Elder

hopefully if they do an anniversary TLP its not a Phinny clone and is a completely different type of server. They already made a phinny clone (coirnav) which was not needed or wanted by the communinity clearly and is a failure of epic proportions. while it barely affected phinny itself, it would be cool if anny server was more along the lines of agnarr or something else but i get that a 20th anny server could become pretty big and popular
    HoodenShuklak and Fhiele like this.
  5. Symbius Augur

I think it'll be 2020 before a new proper TLP comes out. I'm sure they will do something for the 20th Anny, but I think it'll be more of an event server like Quarm instead of a normal TLP.
  6. Aegir Augur

Yeah, a nice event server would be awesome. Titles, Mounts and Illussions to be earned that can be claimed on your "main" server!
  7. Risiko Augur

Everybody who is worth playing with in EverQuest already has their "home" server at this point. The only thing another TLP will do at this point is further filter down to the worst of the worst players.
  8. Typucm Elder

in fact, many do not play now or play coming into the game once a week in anticipation of the new servers (like me and few my friends for example :) New server not only for worst ppl but for many of us who want something new.
  9. Fhiele Augur

The 20th anniversary seems like the best bet. It would be "rude" to do one before then, in terms of Coirnav needing a chance to progress.
  10. Raltar Augur

That didn't stop them from opening Coirnav a few months after Agnarr, though.

It won't be new, though. It's the same thing over and over.
  11. Ryak Augur

I know Coirnav is... what it is..., but another progression server is unlikely to be anything close to successful in the immediate future.

Aren't they still in like Kunark or Velious or something?
  12. Lortl Journeyman

If anyone notices, its the same handful of people claiming failure. What metric they base the failure on is unknown to them and us. But take their word for it. Anyone who has time to post in every thread about coirnav and not even play on the server is someone whose opinion must be highly regarded. OP coirnav is just fine. What exactly did anyone expect to go differently at this point? Server pop is good. Multiple raiding and leveling guild options.
    That0neguy likes this.
  13. Risiko Augur

You know, Ragefire just started Dragons of Norrath not too long ago. Seeing as you are on Agnarr, that means that you have played up through Planes of Power.

Technically, the only expansions you would be missing out on (in era) when going from Agnarr to Ragefire at this point is:
    • Legacy of Ykesha
    • Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Gates of Discord
    • Omens of War
    That being said, I would imagine that Gates of Discord and Omens of War would still be relevant for some guilds on Ragefire, so you wouldn't necessarily be missing out on them. As for LoY and LDoN, meh.

Also, the experience rate on Ragefire is much faster than Coirnav and Agnarr, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

You're a good 12+ weeks away from Depths of DarkHollow on Ragefire (arguably one of the better raid expansions in EQ history), so there's time to get leveled up, geared, and in to a guild of your liking.

I would say that right now would be the time to swap from Agnarr to Ragefire or Lockjaw if there ever was a time to do so. Missing out on DoDH would suck.
  14. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

there are people out there who played ragefire/lockjaw, phinny, agnarr and coirnav server at the start, and desperately want news and info on a new tlp server launch

yikes
  15. snailish Augur

They could rerun Quarm event #1 right now and it would be busy enough. If they let you earn the rewards multiple times (group level, raid level, solo... etc.) that would up replayability more.

I'd rather see a new Quarm event every year myself (even a rotation of 5 different ones that cycled through) but 2018 is running out if the goal is Quarm events before next expac drops.

So along those lines I want to see a Quarm event for the 20th anny.

But I would also run at least 1 new progression server. Phinny rules + Velious start (more world to level in, not the same 1-50 grind) + higher than we have seen XP rate is the big win option in my view.

I'd be willing to offer a second server exactly the same as above + free trade loot. These two servers would feel very different imo, despite nearly identical conditions and starting at the same time.

Someone will mention PVP, I don't think the numbers are there... but a Quarm event is the place to test that in my view.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I only would come back to play a TLP if it were set up in the Brekt server rules. Almost all items are tradeable. There is no wonky requirement to learn languages to be able to converse with other players. And I would love to see a change to how krono are handled ingame. EVE Online has a similar time currency, the PLEX. Their rules are, you can buy and sell PLEX with ingame currency, ISK, but you cannot trade PLEX for items or services.

This would solve the endless calls for disallowance of kroo on a new TLP, while eliminating the primary reason people call for the removal of krono from TLPs. If you have krono you want to move, you sell them for platinum. If you have a phat lewt drop you want to buy, and you have a stockpile of krono, you sell as many krono as you need for plat, in order to buy the item. Of course, this would necessitate DBG hiring some GMs to enforce not only this rule (no selling/trading krono for items or services) as well as all the other rules they no longer enforce, but should.

Hell, I bet if they brought back the old, original, guide service, there would be tons of people volunteering. Wouldn't be able to take direct action, but could collect evidence and push it to a GM for review and action. I know, it's a pipe dream.
  17. Kahna Augur

I don’t get how you think trading Krono only for currency would change anything. It just adds the additional step of turning the Krono into plat to get the item you want. Heck, the guy selling you the item will probably be the one buying your Krono for plat so you can pay him that plat for your item. Just give him the krono and cut out the extra step.

Additionally they did, briefly, reopen the guide program for Ragefire/Lockjaw. I don’t recall a massive rush from others to be a guide on those servers. Probably because you cant be a guide on a server you play on and no one really cares about a server that isn’t their own.
  18. Machentoo Augur

This is a non-starter. They are obviously not going to make changes to Krono that would simultaneously remove incentive for people to buy them (less useful-->less revenue) while also increasing their costs (more staff-->more expenses.) No matter how much players would like them to do this, it would be an absurdly incompetent move for a business.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

People call for removal of krono on TLP because they are ignorant. They can be ignored.
  20. Drelik Lorekeeper

20th Anniversary TLP
    FV ruleset
    3 month timeframe if expansion has level increase
    1 month if no level increase
    LDoN/LoY tied to POP release
    No voting

This would bring the most folks imo.