Remember all the You know you have played too much EQ when lines?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reading General chat on Xegony today I got reminded of all those lines about "You know you have played too much Everquest when........"

You arrive late at work and the first thing you do is con your boss to see if you have aggro.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

At work you ask your friends if they want to group for lunch.

When you leave your desk you put an AFK sign on it.

You take out the garbage to increase wife faction.

When the elevator dings and you think you leveled.

When if you wan to go camping and you ask which named camp it is.
  3. Madeni Elder

Shopping with my mom and I look back to make sure she is still auto/following me, not hooked up on anything haha
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

When you start a reply on fb messenger with /g or /gu...
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. Playful Journeyman

This is always me but with r. The amount of times I've backspaced to get rid of the r...
  6. Scila Augur

Sitting in mtg halfway across campus, late for next meeting, wish you could port to your next meeting since its mandatory presence in both ...
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

When you see a line of execs walking down the hall at work and you think, "Train!"
  8. Herf Augur

Back when Lord of the Rings movie came out I saw the trailer. It's the part where they're in Moria and one of them alerts the goblins. When the goblins bust down the door and rush in, I literally almost yelled "TRAIN!"
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Scila Augur

or evac
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Or every time I use the restroom my one hand blunt skill goes up?
  11. Filter Augur

Dang Flatchy, I haven't seen you around since the warrior board poofed. My name on that board was Mendler. Hope you're doing well!

When you remember you didn't do any of the things on the "Honey Do List" and you get cross agro from the kids pull of your wife and you feign death. Wife named looks down and instead of forgetting how pissed she is at you just says, "idiot" and walks away. Successful Feign Death, you raise your Feign Death skill (2)!!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. aryk New Member

I wonder the same thing every time I roll a joint while driving.
    Herf likes this.
  13. Sagarmatha Augur

When you get a vacation from work and spend it grinding AAs.
  14. Tanols Augur

When you tell your boss you need all of Dec off for a Christmas holiday trip ... but in reality you are planning to be home exploring new content, leveling, and grinding AA.
    Wreakin likes this.
  15. Rainlover Augur

the first Real time it hit me was after an all niter in college ( late 1999 ) playing EQ. and by all nighter I started about 9 AM the day before. the game told me i was out of food and drink and i realized i was hungry and went to the dinning hall.. To this day i sware i saw an orc there.

---

now for fun:
    When I am trying to figure out how many Muffins I need to give my wife to be ally again.
    When I want to ask the new guy at work who's alt they are.
    when the first words you want to use to disribe yourself to a date or new group of people is your level and class.
    Herf and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I've done this many times. I have managed to catch myself before I pressed enter, but I've started typing it many times.
    Verily Tjark and Cyri like this.
  17. Grove Augur

When I hold down the selected button for speaking in Ventrilo to reply to service person at my elbow.
  18. Wreakin New Member

When EQ expansions were only store bought in boxes, walking through the mall to get to Electronic Boutique to buy your copies and hearing "camp check".
    Herf likes this.