20 aa for a short glyph

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by axedat, Aug 15, 2018.

1. axedat New Member

From 3 aa to 20 aa for a marginal increase. What was the theory behind this? Who's going to use that now? Maybe a handful of tryhard dps that farm all day? It's not even in line with the costs and time investment at max level. It's like they just picked a number at random.

Just...lol.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It's another live change that wasn't thought through well in terms of how it would impact the TLP's.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

What should it cost?
  4. Machentoo Augur

The live version costs 40. Take however long it takes live players to earn 40 dkp, look at how many dkp we get in the same timeframe, and that's how many it "should" cost.

I suspect the number would be closer to 10 for TSS and 5 for pre-TSS.
  5. Croak Augur

DKP on the brain? :D

There is some disparity there.

Historical glyph use is not the same as what might happen on more modern content.

Historical glyph use - key raids, maybe occasional tough progression tasks.
    Live glyph use - your max AA toons might use a glyph frequently on missions, many named fights etc.

At the same time, people using new accounts for toons on TLPs, playing through every expansion for 2 or 3 years, won't have access to Veteran AAs. I should really check on Phinny as to whether my Intensity of the Resolute is 3 or 4 hrs with 14+ years on account.

I am not sure how glyph use should be balanced, but for the sake of more casual players maybe it should be more conservative so that content doesn't require using them.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Phinigel is pretty similar to Live in this regard, at least at the top end. A whole lot of people with max aa and glyphs to spend.

I imagine this change has changed that a little at least, 20 aa would be a lot to blow on a mission or group named.
  7. Croak Augur

If you look in the vet forum there is pushback as well because now they can't have enough AA banked to use a glyph for every event in a raid night.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Yep. Game is balanced around glyphs now, at live. Thankfully on the TLP's it isn't, yet. Enjoy not needing glyphs to beat encounters while you still can.
  9. MaxTheLion Augur

You made your initial estimate on how much the glyphs should cost on a TLP server based on the cost of what they are on live. If the players on live are also saying their cost is too high, would that not make your initial estimate inflated? Granted, I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with either but simply curious how people view this. Current TLP events do not require the glyphs to be beaten but it seems the development team keeps pushing the game to be slower and require more time investment while the masses request less of the exact thing.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Obviously the live players aren't happy. Of course they wouldn't be, when glyphs just went from 5 aa to 40 aa for them. And I'm pretty sure the devs knew they wouldn't be happy. If not, they should have. I think the question is, do we have more or less reason to be unhappy than they do. And I think we do.
  11. axedat New Member

Just like with the dot revamp theyve shown they dont know how yo scale from live to tlps. Admittedly it's difficult to do but honestly they should have just left glyphs alone until live. 10aa would still be high but at least that's more reasonable. Who thought raising the cost 7x on tlps was a good idea?

People make a good point about the vet aa too. Glyphs were a way to somewhat help with that advantage. That's gone now
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Yikes. I'll take reasons never to return to live, and to fully give up on phinny for 1,000 Alex...

Balancing fights around an optional feature is pretty poopy.