Test Update 08/07/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Chuckle. If that is 10 percent of our dps, maybe we should be getting a dps increase!!
    mmats likes this.
  2. smash Augur

Does you discussion not belong in the class forum and not in patch subject?
  3. menown Augur

The nature of raiding is also waiting between each event for loot and raid-leader explanations. If there were no down time between the events, then I could agree with you. But close to half of a raid night for a full RoS clear is downtime, with no DPS. Gotwar's 10% figure of an SK's total DPS on raids is probably more correct than you are willing to admit.
    Warpeace, Sancus and gotwar like this.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

This is going to come off as rude, but if you are going to call out my conclusions, and then less than an hour later admit you "almost never parse anymore," then why are you even commenting?

I feel I've made my point. Relax, forum warriors. Your Harm Touch is safe. It does a lot of damage, but that doesn't mean it's "OP." It's ok to admit you have a strong ability without thinking it will be nerfed.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. mmats Augur

Oh, ok then. Harm Touch does 10% of total SK damage. (as long as you require 19 minute pep talks between events that you are downing in 1 minute)

There I said it.

I dont need a parse to rebut a claim that is based on 30% of the facts.

[IMG]
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would just point out that most damage dealing alliances do over 2 million in base damage and they can be used a lot more often then harm touch so I am not sure why you are singling out that ability.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

It was simply a response to this:

I think it's silly that (a select few) SK's are trying to argue HT is bad (or something?). It's not the first time I've seen this same argument. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I feel like I don't have the right to post complaints here unless I log onto the Test Server and check out the Changes. So I will just ask, Did rogues get no changes? Over-all, did the changes result in a DPS increase for anyone?

Thanks so much.
  9. Angahran Augur

I'm not saying HT is bad, I was just saying it is not the 'instant win, slay anything' ability that some people seem to believe it is and this change to make it crit at 100% shouldn't automatically come with some nerf.

Someone said a crit can do 5 million HP with a crit roughly every 8 minutes. I don't know, I haven't gone through my logs to look for crits.
    Don't casters regularly put out this kind of damage ?
  10. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Several classes can. I've witnessed 6mill from Berzerkes and 7 Mil from Monks as well.
  11. Drogba Augur

This is a random night, but i usually parse 90-120k dps with more of a tanking focus in mind, and pal/clr for adps. Better would be possible with more of a DPS-centric focus, or esp with a proper adps group.

Combined: A Wulthan thief in 5041s, --- #24 Drogbaa + pets 495424k@98279sdps (98553dps in 5027s) [1.93%] 7 harm touches, only 2 glyph of destructions, 8 visage of decay, and 8 visage of deaths.

Little to no waiting between events (HT usually is up every second event). Unsure how many of those HT's were max crits.

With a dps-focus and adps in group, you'd see 250k dps combined parse probably, changing the % of dmg that HT makes of our total dmg by a lot.
  12. Drogba Augur

was trying to see if i had any other parses saved.

An old one from group game with some adps;

lesson burn, clr/clr/brd/rng/sk/bst: Combined: Arisen Fenistra in 1839s, 1099589k @597928sdps --- Drogbaa + pets 342519k@186253sdps (186354dps in 1838s)

Unfortunatly was using old EoK raid weapon when i did that one, but 2 HT's in there, = (not sure if they crit. so it was about 1.5-2% of my total damage in that period, would have been less with RoS raid weapon).

So i guess 10% isn't too far off in a raid if you're more focused on tanking, but if you're trying to push it a bit with adps it starts to become a really small % of total dmg.
    gotwar and kizant like this.
  13. Drogba Augur

bah, left out drogbone. gamparse never lets me combine him.

Drogbone 29505k@16044sdps (21695dps in 1360s)
  14. halagren Journeyman

so it's been about 2 years now since it was promised, still no necro DoT revamp yet? can a dev respond?
  15. Diesel2015 New Member

Can we log in yet? Login seems down
  16. Mediik Augur

Given how broken Live servers are atm.. may want to "rethink" your patch strategy.. LOL
  17. Thundastruk Elder

So daybreak goes in to fix one thing and break launcher ... again? im so upset i want to run missions! lol
  18. Amazinggrandma New Member

Hey Thundastruck , Getting mad and Threatening to cancel your account isn't going to make the servers go up any faster so just stop with the cry baby BS . They will come up when they come up I was talking to my guild online in the game and I couldn't get on and do you think I didn't want to play after waiting all day ? I did but you wont hear me being whiny about it and threatening to cancel my account im sure they are doing what they can so the game doesn't need anymore downtime . So please Stop go find something else to do besides whine on here ..
  19. So Happy Augur

I know ya'll are terribly busy with live fixes but could someone please give Test Server a kick and see if instances will reset so we can raid this weekend. ;)
  20. wilson33 New Member

lol so because your not angry know one else should be? maybe that is his way of expressing his anger and disappointment over a development team not being able to put out 1 single patch or update with out screwing something else up in the process...instead of trolling other peoples posts and making idiotic remarks like " stop with the cry baby BS" because sounds like to me your being a whiny cry baby about his post...take your awn advice and go find something else to do other than troll other peoples post