The 'Guess next expansion & features' Game!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The palace indeed seems to share the Efreeti architecture (four minarets) from Plane of Sky. I would love to see an Efreeti vs. Combine storyline. Or maybe an EQ expansion equivalent to EQ2's 'Desert of Flames'?

Expansion Achievement: Flaming Flying Carpet Mount

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Angahran Augur

Ship to Ship combat!
    Jhenna_BB, Yara_AB and Nennius like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

There might be 2 other Carpet models, they also might be a fire and wind like versions, relating to djinn/efreetis

;) ;););););););)
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Benito like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I'm ready for an efreeti expansion. I feel like there's not that much efreeti / genie / jinn mythology in RPGs in general.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There's a reason for that. No one wants it.

Well, almost no one.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's not that it's not popular. The lack of Efreeti/Djinn themes may be due to cultural sensitivities (Middle Eastern mythologies). Let's just say there's no threat from Nordic countries for culturally appropriating Poetic Edda.

I think EQ can pull off a Djinn expansion tastefully (see EQ2's Desert of Flames).

The themes that seems to meet the most resistance in EQ: Eastern Asian (Dragons of Norrath) and outer space (Alarans alien model).
  7. Elskidor Augur

I'd be fine with a revamp of LDoN and let them scale to cap. Add new stuff to the vendors, add some new missions and raids and a few more classic locations like HHK or Splitpaw. New leaderboards. Something simple enough for the skeleton crew to handle.

I could get into a Faydwer expansion with more Mistmoore, Crushbone, Unrest and others revisited too.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Gotta love a dreamer.
  9. svann Augur

Shai'Hulud and spice-worm mounts
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Don’t ya fear, caus’ fear is a gorram mindkiller
    svann and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

So we have two hints: the murkglider and the “efreeti palace”. Murkglider points to OOW, the palace to Solusek(?), possibly plane of fire, maybe Nagafen(?). OOW was epic 2.0, epics could be up for a 3.0, so maybe some Kuuan/Gelidran/Pyrelien things to look out for there. Since we sort of helped a vampire reestablish his combine empire, we might be in trouble with the sun gods... :)
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Looking at the maps of norrath there is A LOT of unexplored spots...

The Sea of Norrath:

Featuring:
    • Battle prexus and his minions while he tries to flood norrath.
    • Discover all new and exiting zones such as: Flooded north karana, Wet field of bones, Soaked deserts of ro, Underwater plane of sky(hey!, it doesn't have to make sense :p)
    • Improved pathing, to handle mobs in a true 3d-environment.
    • Gnomish submarine to gnomish submarine combat
    • etc...
    J/K
    Seriously though, I think it will be "omens of war" themed. Discord needs some butt-kicking...
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What's the canon ending to the Discord arc? Does Lord Brekt's corpse instantly disappear like in normal mode, or does it actually stay on the ground like on hard mode? Inquiring minds demand answers.
  14. Tenken Augur

Velious

Tier 1 - Frozen Plane of growth[revamp]
    Tier 1 - East waste [Revamp]
    tier 1 - Wakening lands[revamp]
    Tier 2 - Skyshrine [Revamp]
    tier 2 - Fortress of the frozen king [New zone]
    Tier 2 -The Frozen Garden [new zone]
    Tier 3 - Sleeper's tomb [revamp]

raids = 10 to 11

Level cap increased 115 (because RoS focus effects say 115)

Small amount new AA's, New spells, progression, New clickies.
  15. Visitor Augur

The Halflings are coming and Mayor Gubbin has some Halflorc armies to back up his plan to take over Norrath along with his trusty pal Pinky.
  16. Gosan Kai Elder

Open your map. Click on Atlas. Then click on Empires of Kunark / Ring of Scale.
  17. Tenken Augur

Atrebe sathir might have followed and collected the remains of rile, venril, and drusella's did some dark magic and risen and army of undead dracnids, drolvarg, dragon, giant's that roam the dreadlands. Taken the Remain back into Karnor's castle, plotting to take over Firiona Vie dock to expand his undead army and his horror of experiment's further following the path of his grandfather (little game of throne-ish). Lake of ill omen has another threat moving from beneath the water as dragon-like sea creatures and army of bloodgill's become to surface as and begins to invades West Cabilis. Ithisaor the Black arisen in the Swamp of no hope expanding the plague upon kunark... Severilous caught wind of Talendor's defeat Emerald jungle is now filled with the remaining forces from veeshan's peak plans too attack East Cabilis. Shadowy Figure has enter the City of Mist searching for a forgotten relic deep beneath the earth.

but blah blah blah... there still quite a bit left in kunark just depends on the story they would like to tell.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

It could be cross-regions, creating new zones in several old regions, linked by storyline and quests.
  19. Raltar Augur

We got a murkglider pet thinger. It's going to be OoW related.
    Zamiam likes this.
  20. Repthor Augur

It will be a panda themed *drops mike*
    Stephen51 and Thraine like this.