Test Update 08/07/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don’t worry, I’m sure our resident Paladin guild leader and protector of class balance will bring the subject up regularly from now on. On that same topic:

His Mission accomplished.

Overall seems like a good patch. Awesome to get flings back, and I’m probably in the minority but I like less overtaunt abilities.
    Sancus, Jhenna_BB and mmats like this.
  2. Zarzac Augur

Spell data shows 10m duration now:

[12755/12752] Glyph of Angry Thoughts IV
    Classes: ALL/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 10m (100 ticks), Dispelable: No, Persist After Death
    1: Increase Spell and Bash Hate by 40%
    2: Limit Class: ALL
    Increases the hatred generated by your spells and combat abilities by #1%.

That being said - 40 for this one is kind of ridiculous much more so than the DPS glyph. No reason for aggro only one to even go above 5 even if it was a 75% bump.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

It's not a high priority, I know, but could you all take a look at the graphics for the Velious and PoP helms and give them their proper graphics? My bald head is getting a sunburn from not having cover.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

Back to snare-kiting for you!
  5. Zarzac Augur

HT crit rate in raid setting was already around 100 no real change there outside of grouping.

Pretty big SK nerfs in there. Lost our hate override ability completely 4 years after getting it. Also a big hit to mana return on thought leech. I guess the ongoing nerf campaign has proven successful.

If there is no budging on the new glyphs costing 40aa's, maybe consider upping the amount of aa we can store so we are not limited over the course of the night.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The parenthetical part of this statement is patently wrong, as I know for a fact we put in yellow content. Sure the +3 is almost all rares, but +0, +1, and +2 content do exist in basepop that is not a rare or raid target. There is also likely the rare +3 that is not a rare, though this will be... well rare. There is also the adds and non BOSS NPC's on raids that are not a "rare" and not the "Boss" and are equal or higher level than the players, and this ability will now work on them (up to +3).
    Well, before, those procs had a VERY high chance of breaking root. Now, they have a low chance (because of the arrow, not because of themselves) so, yes, it is a change. Yes. Root-Bow killing is not as low risk anymore, but your DPS while doing it increases significantly while the risk increased a little bit.
    Sancus, Jhenna_BB, Quatr and 3 others like this.
  7. Astinox Journeyman

Sounds like they're trying to up their exp potion sales with this boost to 40 AA per glyph use. I think if it's gonna be 40 AA a pop then the amt banked needs to be raised to about 1,000.
    Ssdar, Yinla, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Do people really use EXP Potions to grind out Glyphs? That seems very stupid.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The nerf to Mindless Hatred will mean far more deaths on our non-top-tier raids, as SK's are losing a major add-control ability. Boo.

Capping Thought Leech also sucks, but at least it's only an ability that we use when things have already gone south. Now we'll just wipe sooner instead of trying to prolong the agony.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Grinding out 200 AAs between each raid sounds like a good time to you?
  11. Dhurgan Augur

Base refresh is nine minutes with AA's to lower that time. At 110 dissonant chord is basically unusable, having it at least available now is a great addition.
  12. kizant Augur

I also used to use Glyph of Destruction during exp groups since it could sorta pay for itself. You can make a good amount of exp in 2 minutes if you're AEing and a little extra DPS was nice to have. For a cost of 40 AAs I can't see how it's not a net loss. Maybe if it would last a lot longer or something.

I don't know what the goal was but if it was to get people to use Glyphs less then I think this change will accomplish that. At this point I'd use 2 per week during raids for the events I care most about parsing. Any more would be too much trouble.

Also, I know most people don't bother logging into Test but the other change with Glyphs is that they countdown in every zone even PoK.
  13. segap Augur

The new glyph cost is obscene and shows lack of perspective. Glyphs are most useful at the beginning of an expansion. As people are learning raids and have yet to fully gain all the powers of the new expansion. This also coincides with people spending their AA on actual AA to help them gain said power. Outside of the guilds that raided beta to learn raids, many guilds wipe a lot during this time. Guilds could be making 10+ attempts in a given night. Some raids that later on will take less than 10 minutes might be taking 20+ minutes and use two glyphs. This puts people well beyond the 8 limit with the current banked AA cap. Not to mention burning 200 AA for a night of raids depletes the pool to buy useful AA. 50-80 at 5/glyph was manageable during this phase of an expansion.

Move forward a few months. OK, people have all the raids on farm now. They've maxed their AA so that 40 per cost is at least not taking away from buying actual AA. However, they've learned the raids, they've geared up from the raids and they've gotten all their spells/discs. They're more powerful. They don't need glyphs to get through the content. The glyphs are simply a luxury to get through raid night faster. Now at a cost of requiring a play session per raid night to just refill the tank. A play session many people were managing different ways (some people ignore group content after maxed and do things outside EQ, others catch up old content that doesn't grant exp, some work on tradeskills that don't grant exp, others play alts).

The end result will likely be people not using glyphs. Why put forth the dev effort to improve stacking, just to make them stupidly expensive so that the work done is not used?
  14. Maedhros High King

At approximately 60k mana returned, Thought Leech is still the highest volume of mana return in the game outside of Staunch Recovery. Kind of hard to feel sorry for ya there. At least now it is reigned in and not completely disgustingly overpowered, its just a little OP and I think everyone can live with that.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Of course not. But being in a guild where I need to glyph every raid to defeat raids also sounds like a horrible time to me also. But if you’re simply burning them to make your parse look a bit better and it really has no real impact on the raid, just stop doing that if the time required to do it doesn’t seem worth it to you. Based on your responses it sounds like it isn’t.

Glyphs were poorly thought out. They should’ve only ever been firework type things. They are aimed at players who have max or near max AAs, those players don’t need additional temporary buffs that increase their power or endurance.
  16. xxGriff Augur

being disconnected continually, so much that hunting or xping is essentially a no go. pull- disconnect-long in-dead and rez-resummon pets etc... Please address this

it is a crash to desktop, and log in again.
  17. Behelit Augur

So basically parsing the glyphs on test isnt even possible unless we want stupid short parses where RNG is too much of a factor? Guess that saves me some time tonight...

And dear god tell me this is going to change?

Glyph of Destruction IV:
    - Spell Name changed from 'Glyph of the Cataclysm' to 'Glyph of Destruction IV'
    - Slot 2 changed from '' to 'Increase Pet Chance to Critical Hit by 15%'
    - Slot 3 changed from '' to 'Increase Pet Critical Hit Damage by 60% of Base Damage'
    - Slot 4 changed from '' to 'Increase Chance to Critical Heal over Time by 15%'
    - Slot 5 changed from '' to 'Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 15% '
    - Slot 6 changed from '' to 'Increase Hit Damage by 15%'
    - Slot 7 changed from '' to 'Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 15%'
    - Slot 9 changed from '' to 'Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 15% '

and while it isnt listed on rank IV... rank III destruction has
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Increase Critical Hit Damage by 40% of Base Damage (Non Stacking)' to 'Increase Critical Hit Damage by 60% of Base Damage (Non Stacking)'

assuming IV has the same 60% crit dmg increase, thats literally 0 increase for any of the pure melee classes....

Increase Hit Dmg by 15% is too low of a mod to help Rogue/Monk/Zerker (probably many others as well, but lets focus on pure melee for the moment).

The patch notes also state that it should only have stacking issues with 7th, but it remains using the non-stacking Crit dmg melee SPA instead of the one that still stacks.

For some reason Pet users get 15% crit chance on pets, but the player themselves gets no melee crit chance, perhaps thats what slot 6 was intended to be? But hard to tell cause it looks like they just merged Destruction and Courage, which is aids for melee and decent for casters.

And for some reason the crit dmg for melee/casters/dots is staying at 60% on the new rank, on top of being non-stacking for melee?

So long story short, melee are gonna pay way more AA for the exact same effect we already have now? I really hope I'm missing something here.
    Sancus, Mithra, Maedhros and 5 others like this.
  18. Random newb Augur

- Shaman - Consolidated Spirit Walk and Group Spirit Walk into a single line named Lupine Spirit, which will now cast Spirit of Wolf, Spirit of Bih`Li, or Spirit of Tala'Tak on your target's group based on rank.

My two cents on this, cast time seems very long, and the first two ranks seem worthless at the level they unlock. Preferably it'd be moved to an earlier expansion to start like luclin with a low aa cost for the first three ranks, or even start with bih'li and the cast time looked at.
  19. Derresh Augur

wow 40 aa glyphs what a bargain
  20. Ahze Elder

The glyph cost is insane.

Why do you have to break Stronghorn's Horn and Chetari Wardstaff? O no, something was fun and useful again~