Test Update 08/07/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

Does this mean Group Pact of the Wolf won't overwrite the warrior's Heroic Rage buff?

Now if we just make it so Heroic Rage doesn't get blown out by berserker's Cry Carnage I won't have to use a social macro to block buffs and a gina trigger to hopefully help me remember to unblock them...
  2. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I ask that you reconsider the change to archery and throwing having a chance to break root. There are multiple reasons.
  3. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Please un-combine glyphs. 40 AA cost for additions that add next to nothing for some is a complete waste. You go from being able to use whats useful to you all night long. To now being limited to 5 uses a night for next to no gain for some.
  4. kizant Augur

40 AA is a bit much. That's only 5 uses per RoS clear for some of us.
  5. Spellfire Augur

40 aa's is rather steep.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

Man, I predicted 25 and we thought that'd be high.

40 is rough

[IMG]
  7. DaciksBB Augur

They didn't even try to make it seem like Arcane Secrets got something added to it, they just increased the focus level and the aa cost
  8. Bigfan Augur

40 is fine, now I'll have something to do again in off night.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I don't know about stacking issues, but in theory it's a small dps gain at a small defensive loss.

Unless it has stacking issues I can't see how getting a new ability is a bad thing.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

So if I'm reading the changes to Warlords Grasp, and the gravity effects changes.

1: We lose the hate override.
    2. No longer works on named.
    3. No longer works on raid bosses.
    4. Does work on mobs that are 3 levels higher than us (there are none that are not covered by 2 or 3).

So a lower level alt warrior can move a trash mob for us.

Edit: The changes keep it useless in new content. But also makes it useless in old content.
  11. Moldar Augur

Seriously the only good thing from this patch for rangers is the merging of "Fire" and "Ice" "Scout's Mastery" abilities into a passive. Although it removes 1 more burn ability from rangers. BUT thank you!

However . . .

4 More ranks to Scout's Mastery of the Elements starting at level 80? So via the phrasing of your notes I assume that there is no change to the damage of the upper ranks, just adding lower level ranks for less damage, thus more AA for rangers to farm, or to buy for max rangers.

The frost, fire, and poison change regarding mana is nice, but i can't seem to understand the purpose of the procs not breaking root anymore. The buffs need arrow attacks to proc the effects, the procs no longer break roots, but the actual attacks themselves now have the chance to (or aka - WILL) break roots is cute and gave me a good little chuckle at how silly and redundant that change note is.
    I would have rather preferred you removed the arrow procs from consuming Scarlet Cheetah's Fang charges so that is a viable upgrade. Also under the effects of Scarlet Cheetah's Fang they will double the mana cost of each proc, so half of a pureshot burn is wasted since this ability isn't viable under the effect's mana penalty.
  12. Brohg Augur

The Warlord's Grasp ability when introduced made SO much sense. It's hard even to envision a more warrior-ey ability than "Fight Me (where I want to fight you)". There's a measure of battlefield control, with the caveat that you & that monster are Having A Fight.

Now - what? The creature stays kinda mad with someone else while the warrior drags them across the floor by their ear? Without even getting his nose bloodied? The Test form is an enchanter ability.

Not for nothing - does the grav even keep a mob in range of Taunt ability, if they want to be somewhere else? So that the warrior can even try to protect someone for real?
    Koryu likes this.
  13. Moldar Augur

Also I see Beastlord's Ferocity spells are MGB/TB compatible

Any chance to possibly add Ranger's: Copsestalker's Enrichment to be as well. Might as well knock out both the hybrid spell lines in one go and save some work in the future...
    Belkar_OotS likes this.
  14. Jadenpain Scholar

Shadowknight - Mindless Hatred has been changed to rank 1 of a new ability line Hastened Undivided Acrimony.

This change is less than delightful.

Mindless hatred currently is every 1min cast work upto 110

Undivided acrimony is a disc that goes up to 115 with a hate override with a 10 min timer 2nd agro effect reduces agro on mob from other targets by 15% at rk3 (85%total agro)

they are used in 2 different instances.
    One to pick up adds and one to pull agro from a raid boss.
    Adds tend to spawn more quickly and you need to pull agro on a boss is less likly.
    Removing our ability on mindless to hasten our undivided line gives us less opertunity to pick up the adds during an event.
    We have 2 tools to grab agro from any mob atm
    1. Ageless enmity(not an override just non fail taunt) no level cap. 1 min . timmer
    2. Unyielding acrimony a disc with override hate mod and reduced hate on others hitting the mob up to 115. 10 min recast. 18 second effect.

mindless is an alt ability 732 capped at level 110 or lower and also overrides decreasing allies hate by 65%
    changing to hasten unyielding line reduce timer only from 10 min by 1 per rank 5 total bringing unyielding to 5 min recast and removing a secondary ability entirely.

Perspective on a 10 min fight with adds t1 cactici all of tier 2 we go from a max time we can pick up an add using the override ability 11 max on adds to 3 max on the boss or adds.

Please consider if you must combine them to at least allow us to reduce it to 3 mins recast. And give the agro reduction a boost back to the 35% on the disc rk. 3 from the 15 it currently is.

Thank you,

JP
    Grabatz, DebonAir, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  15. Drogba Augur

Agree with this part wholeheartedly.

Mindless hatred had a few useful applications.

1. can be used as an initial cast to have a freshly spawned add focus on you
    2. a temporary means of taking aggro on bosses e.g. after an aggro reset (though they didn't raise the level cap on it enough for recent bosses, so perhaps just forget this one)
    3. if you spot a dps on targets target, a means to immediatly take aggro

Admittedly the lack of level increase has made this a less useful ability this expac, and i've been favoring others to deal with these problems in many situations.

They're removing a useful tool here, and to echo Jaden, the consolidation is less than delightful.
  16. Maedhros High King

You sure it was not in fact just mis-naming Paladin Blessing of Life AA? It would be nice if those triggered heals would generate agro. This would be keeping in the spirit of several other changes directed towards correcting the agro generation of heals spells or abilities.

Or perhaps it was mistaken for Preservation of Rodcet, which was originally called Ward of Tunare when the line was first introduced. I would love to see agro generated by the Preservation of Rodcet heal procs too.

I have not logged in to test to check.

Echoing others, 40aa for a Glyph is absurdly high. Would be different if there was a substantial increase into the stats or performance of the Glyphs.
  17. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

It looks like it's simply a typo. Those changes are due to the witness check fixes:

Tunare's Grace I:
    - Hate Override changed from '4000' to '100'
    Tunare's Grace II:
    - Hate Override changed from '4000' to '100'

Blessing of Tunare I:
    - Hate Override changed from '2500' to '100'
    Blessing of Tunare II:
    - Hate Override changed from '3000' to '100'
    Blessing of Tunare III:
    Blessing of Tunare IV:
    Maedhros and Wulfhere like this.
  18. valkyriesmyst New Member

Can bows and throwing not break root. The small chance of root break is gonna hurt rangers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Lheo Augur

Root breaking sucks, i dont see ONE reason that archery should break root....(whats next? Thats dots breaking root too?) and we all know that a (small) chance means 2 or 3 breaks in even one fight..)
  20. segap Augur

I could care less one way or the other, but don't rangers find it a bit cheesy that they can sit there and kill things with absolutely no risk of getting hit? Is that actually fun?
    Jhenna_BB and kizant like this.