Coirnav: Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 2, 2018.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The Spirit of EQ was for the Sleeper to remain asleep and he did on most servers till well into PoP. Sleeper was designed to not be woken.

Also, no your made up guild didn't do that, because primals still dropped only the 4 warders and the asleep version of Kera stop spawning. Master of the guard and such still spawned and dropped primals,
  2. Fumi-chan Augur

Not a made up guild, we explicitly woke Kera to slow down getting primals. It's entirely possible I'm misremembering something from 18 years ago, but I can assure you we woke the Sleeper to make the rest of the server's life difficult getting primals.

That's absolutely what most guilds did back then. You don't have to like it, but it happened.

Also, good job hiding behind a troll account.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's not what most guilds did like 90% of the servers Kera remained asleep until PoP or later. Bots, AL and FoH are the only guilds that i know of that woke the sleeper prior to Luclin and they all did it for notoriety.
  4. taliefer Augur

it'd actually be interesting to see if the devs have a way of looking up to see when the sleeper was awakened on each server. i expect 18 year old memories are fuzzy either way~
  5. That0neguy Augur

I remember there being a website that had it tracked for all servers. No doubt its probably gone by now though.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Keeping things locked down back then meant something. If you killed aow back then nobody else got that kill.

Today? Well on your clear to Quarm 2 other guilds probably killed him too.

If youre going to let people have pixels then give them all the pixels. This st pre and post was one of the bigger design mistakes the devs ignored.

All in or all out!
  7. taliefer Augur

i actually think the whole sleeper idea was simply ahead of its time. allowing players to have an actual effect on the world is a great idea. its just poorly implemented compared to modern MMOs. one of the things i loved about WoW was the whole phasing thing, where the world you saw changed based on quests you did. that technology came way past original velious however.
  8. That0neguy Augur

I agree that technology has been amazing and the things they have done with it are great. The key difference being when you did something that affected the zone it affected it for just you and not the entire server.
  9. Numzan Augur

Your missing them now, as they have split up into multi picks but lock down the same locations.
  10. Numzan Augur

It would be interesting to see if the Sleeper could be attempted after players get solid gear from POP. Has anyone tried it after pop has been out for awhile and people farmed Time?
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm not 100% sure, but when Kerafyrm was actually killed, supposedly there was a bug preventing his HP regen from working. From what I understand, with it working correctly, there is probably no way to outpace his regen unless you're nearing Live expansions.
  12. That0neguy Augur

No. They despawned it at 26% because of the bug. Which the dev team could never actually confirm if there was an issue or not. The next day it was reset and actually killed and the team watched and confirmed no regen or other issues.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Um, yeah, I'm going to have to go with no on that one. Since they created by far the most elaborate script that had existed to that point for his awakening. I think the designers would have been extremely disappointed if he was not ever woken.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The script didn't exist when he was first awoken, nothing happened. It wasn't till after he was woken that the script was added.
  15. Stramgar New Member

The script existed, they just hadn't patched the sleeper model in yet. The first Kerafyrm was a giant human spouting the script's quest text.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bring that back! Classic!
  17. Gorthashaug New Member

Gorthashaug am confused. Many RI stomp and smash all over everyone and should be eaten. Some RI very kind and Gorthashaug no let little soft ones eat yous. Maybe good for RI to have more thought of others at all time, and not just in words. Gorthashaug no like words, Gorthashaug like actions. For now, Gorthashaug no eat RI babies and give chance to make words actions and maybe come talk.
  18. Risiko Augur

You know, I used to care a lot about things like Sleeper's Tomb when I played on Phinigel and Agnarr.

I just don't care anymore to be completely honest.

As long as I have friends to group and raid with, I'm happy now. Maybe it's just me, but I think the whole AoC era of EverQuest has finally changed my thinking of how I look at MMOs.

Well either that or it could be the fact that I now own a Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 Pro, and Xbox One S, and I have dozens of amazing games I am playing on them (with a library of games waiting to be played as well lol). EverQuest is just the game I login to to hang out with and raid with friends.

Maybe the people that are so uptight about "this must be done" or "that must be changed" in EverQuest should buy a console machine to take their minds off of EverQuest so much.

If you do, I highly recommend Persona 5 for the Playstation 4 and Octopath Traveler for the Nintendo Switch. I've got over 40 hours in to Octopath Traveler so far lol.

TL;DR... No matter what happens with Sleeper's Tomb, it doesn't matter. Just have fun playing the game with your friends everybody. Stop stressing over EverQuest.
    Numzan and That0neguy like this.
  19. Numzan Augur

Yeah this loot thing makes me laugh, its been so 1999 over done, and done on the real servers. Now you can just box win eq on live... TLP is not all that great to be honest, its fun more with friends and guild mates.
  20. That0neguy Augur

TL : DR - I have a man crush with the leader of RI. I think 1 person can control the fate of an entire server. P.S. Coirnav sucks, come to Phinny it's better, obviously since I need to desperately recruit people to come back to the server to keep my guild alive.