Coirnav: Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Coirnav Augur

I'm glad you brought this up.

Let it be known that RI has no intention of taking part in the waking of the Sleeper until all the major players on Coirnav have a chance to outfit their core members with the goodies, and they agree that the time is right. If that that day never comes, then great, there is nothing we care about from the post awakened version of the zone and we will likely never raid it as an official raid night anyway.

As far as the pre-awakened loot goes, I think we are more concerned with Monk Robes and Gnome Masks to be honest. The monk robes AND the Sleeper's tomb keys (minus) Zland's are No Drop, therefore once we have all the monk robes and keys on our guild members we will be allowing other guilds to send their members to loot our rot robes and keys free of charge... just like we have been doing with Trak teeth for the last month.

SoDs are great for aggro in Velious, great twink toys, and yup while they sell for a good bit too in-game (which is the only fact about them you seem to care about) they are replaced completely in the next expansion with better weapons literally everyone has access to. Those of us looking to "cash out" as you've suggested have had plenty of opportunities to do so already, and yes some have unfortunately from several guilds... but I can tell you that I personally have no intention, and no desire to do so. I am thoroughly enjoying the Coirnav server, and the guild we have built might not meet your standards, but its an awesome group to play with for me personally.

I know we look evil from the outside looking in, I'm not oblivious, but I often try to find ways to give back when presented the opportunity to do so. I'm not going to catalog how for you, as that is hardly the classy thing to do.

If someone else wants to wake the sleeper just to spite us, it will change nothing for us. We will still be chugging along, because Velious and the Sleeper's Tomb zone are no where near the most enjoyable expansion or raid zone for myself or the majority of the other players in RI. If anything the Sleeper being awakened would be a good reason not to go in that zone once we all have Avatar proc'ing weapons. In <RI> we love raiding, but any reason to drop a target from our busy schedule so we have more free time is actually welcomed by a lot of us.

Thanks for baiting me into replying to your post. It gave me the excuse to finally post publicly what <RI's> intentions are.

My honest wish:
    I believe that eventually someone will unleash the Sleeper and end the fun. But it would be nice if all 500 or so top raiders could be in Sleeper's to see it when it does happen.

As so many of you love to point out daily... RI is not Faceless, or AoS, or TL, or whatever TLP guild you want to compare us to, and part of us being different is that we can choose a different path than those before us. Call us "worse", call us "better", and I'lI call it home.

If another guild wants to try and wake the sleeper...alone...in the dead of night, be my guest. You can get everything that comes with that, the glory, the hate, the spoils. But you're not going to be able to say you were doing it to protect the server from an evil "RMT" guild that has no intention of ruining a special one-time event for everyone, or an in-game economy. It's just not true.

Our guild bank is probably the healthiest out of any top TLP guild on the last 3-4 servers by the time Velious launched even with us shelling out hundreds of Krono to our members to supply reagents, and meet various in-game goals. Contrary to popular belief our bank does not need padding with ST loots for us to sustain from now until the end of the server, and we've made all we need for that already.

I have already spoken to many of the guild leaders on the server about our intentions, but I am surprised to hear that our stance on it hasn't trickled down to everyone in those guilds. Well this is where I stand on the issue for all to see, and when Velious is over you can judge me on me on how it unfolded, not the "William Wallace" style BS rumors people circulate on the forums.

If any guild leader, officer, member, applicant, or random stranger would like to discuss this with us in greater detail, I invite you all into RI's Discord server to do so. We are actually a friendly bunch, and any of our officers are authorized to talk with any of you about our intentions and goals openly. See you all in Velious! ;)
  2. Kakashi77 Elder

Given our recent interactions on the OW raid scene it does not give me confidence you are willing to be just in your engagements with other guilds on the server. But that doesn't mean you can't do right and repent for the good of the server's health and longevity. If what you say here is sincere then that's good to hear.

I can safely say that EC will not be waking the sleeper while everyone sleeps and are happy to keep ST 1.0.
    Azereki likes this.
  3. Ckador Augur

4. Fumi-chan Augur

tl;dr: I have a vested interest in keeping the Sleeper alive as long as possible.
  5. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I'm still wondering why DBG even let you play the game again. Your past negates anything you might say and your actions on the server are proof that your past is accurate.
  6. Meeseeks New Member

Either the sleeper is kept asleep for as long as the server wants, or some guild decides to wake it prematurely. Either way RI will likely get the most kills from it, so why not take the chance at keeping ST in the 1.0 version so that everyone benefits from it?
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Someone post that video where they can't even let another guild kill Venril Sathir this deep into Kunark....

LOL!
  8. Azereki New Member

TL;DR: Work together better. We'll all actually get to have more fun that way.

There is certainly a difference between contesting OW content (which is core to pre-instanced raid content and inherently causes player friction) and actually trying to get people to band together to cooperate on something that can benefit anyone who wants to participate.

The sometimes unfortunate nature of the game, especially with the addition of krono farming, is that it's sometimes very easy to be rewarded for playing "unfairly." Sometimes, the old school mechanics downright encourage it, even if you're not normally the type. It can make people very salty, that's really hard to fix. But, it doesn't have to always be the case. This is definitely one of those instances.

It's probably pretty fair to say most people (unfortunately, not all) enjoy the game more when the server is healthy, population is high and toxicity is low. If you've ever had a positive experience with any of our guild members, at least try to give the benefit of the doubt that Vicious is trying in earnest to make this Sleeper's Tomb thing work.

Positive change on the server and amongst the various raiding guilds is not gonna happen overnight, and not everyone is going to want to get on board. Taking advantage of the fact that EQ thrives as a social game and using the opportunity to communicate, however, will actually go a long way to serve that end. It'd be nice to see as many people as possible enjoy ST for as long as possible!
  9. Machentoo Augur

One negative experience can outweigh a thousand positive experiences, if the stakes are high enough. If you really wanted to do this ST thing, you should not have been contesting people on VSR's.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

The notion that it's just "one" is also insane. I mean, we're talking about a person that was a scummy person on multiple TLP's prior.

"Oh, but now YOU can effect MY gameplay... let's be friends! You can have some scraps. I promise!"

lulz-worthy.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Lies and Mistruths thread is down there.

This should probably be merged.
    Boze likes this.
  12. Stylez New Member

I vote we team up first week and just wake it up :) don't need Sod, game is easy mode anyways. Plus wake it up faster ri leaves the server. Dunno why u would like as many people there as possible since daybreak broke the script along time ago and got no one worthy to fix it.
  13. Coirnav Augur

:rolleyes:
  14. Darkeish New Member

As much as I would like to believe that RI is ready to play nice, the past actions from the leadership prove otherwise. There have been attempts to smooth some things over, then they go right back to being the bullies they enjoy being.

Good luck, I don't care one way or the other about the ST drama, but if you really want the server to respect RI and work with RI going forward, you have a long way to go to repair your reputation.
  15. Risiko Augur

Here's the sad truth of the matter... No matter what anybody says they will or wont do when it comes to The Sleeper, someone WILL wake The Sleeper early on.

It has happened on every TLP server to date.

Even when the top raid guild on the server said they specifically would not wake The Sleeper before X date, they ended up waking The Sleeper early because a small group of people not in their guild "was going to wake The Sleeper" which caused that top raid guild to rush in and wake him instead.

Waking The Sleeper does not take a large raid force, nor does it take a well managed raid force to accomplish. It's an easy task by today's standards, and can be done in a very short period of time after the expansion opens due to the small raid force required to accomplish it.

I wish just once that the devs would step in, and do something truly unique like make it so that The Sleeper can NOT be awoken on the server. Make the TLP server a one of a kind by having a version of The Sleeper that can't be awoken until after 6 weeks in to the expansion. Just make the 4th mob not spawn. He doesn't spawn, he can't be killed, The Sleeper can't be awoken.
  16. Vedette Journeyman

Sleeper was awakened in less then 24 hours on Agnarr. Zaide thought his entire guild was going to RMT so he gave the loot to classes that couldn't use it. It really sucked only about 40-50 players got to experience pre-awakened sleeper, and an even smaller group got a chance at loot. The fix would be to make the sleeper dependent on your instance, and not OW. My understanding is the script is broken anyways, so who cares.
  17. versair Journeyman

This is my first post here in the forums.

All I really have to say is that a lot of you are acting like children and holding petty grudges.

"you did this on past servers, blah blah blah."

If you aren't intelligent enough to realize that you yourself need to change your way of thinking, then you are part of the problem. Realize that the game has changed. The introduction of Krono, and instancing has forever changed the game. It is now something ENTIRELY different than what you want it to be. You keep complaining about how RI is oppressive to the server, but you don't realize the problem is Asian box farmers. They lock down, on a daily basis more camps than RI does bosses. They are the ones you buy most of your gear through. They are the ones who control and are the largest % of RMT transactions.

Now I am NOT saying that top guilds on other servers have NOT done RMT, or other things that you all have pointed out. What I AM saying is that if you continue to base your opinions and conclusions off of the past, then you are never truly going to move forward and experience change. You will continue to be a part of the problem. I'm not giving Vicious a free pass. He knows what he has done on past servers. That's his issue to live and deal with. What I can say is that my experience with him on this server, is mostly positive. He does try to promote a healthy guild atmosphere, and a strong sense of competition. The issues regarding OW boss kills and competition that all of you are trying to argue "unfair" or "dirty tactics", have existed for a long time. Either adapt and overcome, or stay stuck in the past and stay a loser. Coming from a military man, you are on the side of losing wars and being conquered. Those who adapt will always come out on top. Get better. Stop complaining.

And in case any of you want to whine about how this username is not my in game name, I'm Eyedoitall. I attempt to have positive interactions with everyone I meet, as do MOST of my guildmates. There will always be bad apples, in any social group in life. You wishing that inside of a video game, where people can be mostly anonymous, for it to be any different...well you are straight delusional.

I myself have never experienced most of this game past kunark. I'm looking forward to enjoying new content, in a game that enjoy playing. I hope sleeper isnt awakened for a while, but if it is, you won't see me whining about it.

Even though it's wasted breath, grow up and stop whining. Stop playing the game if it upsets you that much, or change your way of thinking. Be better. You're crying over pixels.
    Azereki likes this.
  18. RandomStrategy Augur

Sleeper on Agnarr was awoken with 22 (or was it 25? I forget) people. The "alliance" of other guilds that sought to wake him got through three of the warders in their instance before running out of time. Faceless woke the sleeper partially for the speedrun (though there was statements about leaving it up for a while to let everyone experience it, but the alliance of guilds claimed they were going to wake it just to spite us, so take it all with a grain of salt, it was a wild 22 hour launch), and partially for preventing SoDs from paying somebody's rent.

The Lungis were given to a warrior and a bard because we all agreed as a guild that if we were going to prevent RMT on this server by waking the sleeper, we shouldn't have that loot either. Lungis were given to them just to troll for as long as they wanted.

We had plenty of members during Velious join, gear up, then ghost, or get kicked for being found to be selling their droppable raid gear (we even instituted checks of in-era droppable raid gear to keep people in line). When you're getting five times as much loot as everyone else on the server, it's tough to prevent it, sometimes.
  19. Stylez New Member

Well my aim is to wake the sleeper soon as possible and if my guild don't want todo it I will find a group of people who does :)
  20. CartoTLP Journeyman

Everyone needs to stop focusing on the past and think about the future. Citing a stolen VSR as an example of bad play isn’t very compelling. I competed for fire giants in classic - does that make me a bad guy who is incapable of reaching a civil agreement with a few people?

Of course RI will benefit from the sleeper not being awoken. If they wouldn’t benefit there would be no point in this post in the first place. But many of you other players/guilds will benefit as well. And, if you ask some members of my guild, more gnomes running around on the server is always a good thing.

With that said, I’m sure someone will wake the sleeper very early in Velious. That doesn’t mean the majority of the guilds can’t work together and do their part to potentially throw around a few more pieces of the limited time loot.

Carto