Third Party Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

There's enough crazy ideas, complaints, suggestions and what have you, so what's another one right? Let's have a Player Development Server. You had an outstanding idea with the player studio to create items for the community that makes you and the dev money-I'm not going to assume whether this has proven to be profitable for you but I would hope. So, let's expand it into a Player Software Development Server. Players can design add-ons for the game that can be tested and approved by DBG, guides, or who ever they feel should. They can use these add-ons and distribute them a way that's beneficial for them and the developer just like the Player Studio works or similar. It feels like a sane suggestion to me just because that seems to be the keeping feature for most players of MMORPG's - player features. Things to make everything you want to do is not cheating, for the most part. In most of your successful games you see a lot of player features to help them along. EQ was way late in this area with things like quest logs, etc. There has to be a clear line drawn here. Are you going to let the community grow or keep it at the populus you have now? New players want new features and that's not out of the question even in a 19 year old game. It's a an idea, that's it.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

I am fairly certain that MMORPG studios that allow for addons always insist that addons are free to use.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Actually that's not true considering ISB is not free and they altered it to not work on true box servers in order to keep a friendly relationship between the developers and DBG.