Server Merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Raylen New Member

Please consider server merges. We need at least 30% more people on Luclin and I am assuming other servers need more people too.
    Yimin likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Your people issue (I assume groups) is easily solved by sending tells and building a social network.
    Adding more people that ignore you won't help.
  3. Sancus Augur

I think Luclin's population is pretty healthy. There are some servers that should be merged (/wave Trakanon), but Luclin has plenty of people.
    Miss_Jackie, Reynen and Bigstomp like this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

As I have said sever time I would like to see cross server grouping/raiding over server mergers. Obviously designing something like this would probably be rather intensive but the end results might pay off. Merging servers just makes the game appear like a sinking ship and I doubt it will actually solve most of the issues people are having on their current server who would like the servers to collide. Lastly after the last server merger disaster they have proved there is much work to be done before they attempt another merger.
    Reynen likes this.
  5. Cleaver Augur

They already did some of the work with picks. Let people use /invite server.name and make it so they zone into the same instance of the zone they're all in.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Most people who ask for server mergers are just wanting to /gu invite me, I can't send a tell to form my own group.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

If they have characters organized by server and can't manage to perform server merges, then I don't think they are going to be able to manage adding cross-server grouping any time soon. I'd imagine both share some similar issues: unique character IDs in the DB, name collisions, character data being stored in different locations, etc.

But it would be really cool to have; that's for sure.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Great another please merge servers thread:(. Cant even get account to account moves done.
  9. Alikat Lorekeeper

I support this idea. Have played a whole lot of mmo's since 99' and low pop servers are never as fun as high pop ones. We need about a third the amount of live servers that there are currently, imo.
    Funk and Metanis like this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

In October, they tested a new merge methodology merging two dead servers (Vulak into Fippy). It failed pretty bad, with some major bugs that led to many characters not transferring over. I think it is safe to say that was a test for future merges of other servers, and since it failed, they went back to the drawing board, and server merges went to the backburner again.

Here is how it was supposed to work:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-darkpaw-server-merge-october-18-2017.244011/
  11. kizant Augur

With pick zones there's no need for other servers. Should just merge them all into one!
    gointomexico, Risiko and Danladil like this.
  12. Funk Augur

They could just grant a free transfer off dead servers with a population of less than X amount of players.
    That negates any of the server merge problems and allows those who wish to transfer off that option. Everyone is happy.

Or in a case like Brekt... I'd say quite a few people with characters there would pay to transfer. Making money for DGB from transfer tokens. Again in this situation everyone is happy.

Merges don't have to happen but allow players the option of continuing to pay to play your game, it's very obvious many are not happy on these dead servers and need an option to move so they can group, join a guild, raid...all these things that make the game enjoyable.

Anyone on those servers who wishes to stay can, they are in no way affected.
    Yimin likes this.
  13. Funk Augur

Add something constructive instead of whining about another issue that needs resolved. I'm sure there are plenty of threads about account transfers.
    Lorai likes this.
  14. Dawdle Augur

I'd like to see all the servers merged into like 4 healthy one's. Let's remember, non of the servers have even half the population they use to have.
    Remember the old joke about merging EQ with EQ2 and Planetside? That could also be interesting and it would bring in a lot of new classes; plus today we got H1Z1 and Planetside 2 and DC Universe. Imagine having superman tank for you.
    All jokes aside hurry up and merge so if any vets do log in they have a populated server not a ghost town. No body likes a ghost town.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Whats constructive about yet another Server merge thread with no factual reason to merge anything? Because someone cant get a group so please merge servers? Random generated we could use X% more people to make it healthy factoid really supports any claim of a server being on life support and needing action? The last time Daybreak tried it it was a failure and they have not tried since.

Hence account to account transfers being in the same boat.

Maybe push to have the cost of a server transfer token reduced would be better.
  16. Funk Augur

No factual reason? It's a fact that people are stuck on Brekt which is a ghost town, and deserve an option to move. They don't have anything special with the free trade because...there was never a legit raid guild there. So absolutely no reason to hold them hostage. Providing an option to move does nothing but make DGB money.

You play on FV so how do you know the situations on other servers? Who are you to say these people just "can't get a group" and therefore should be ignored? You come into a thread with no dog in the fight it seems yet you claim to know the facts about server populations and the players on these servers.

You also act like other people being able to move via transfer token would affect you in a negative way. Which is completely false. Yes we know mergers can be problematic so you weren't adding new information there either. This does not mean a merger is not needed. Every paying account matters for DGB to thrive, not just yours.
    Lorai and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Not looking at any of the issues around it, merging all the servers would probably greatly improve the 1-90 game it would even improve your grouping opportunities at 110 because its more likely that randoms need to do the same thing as you.

Names are a pretty big issue though =)
  18. catcattank Elder

In a game that everyone claims to have easy leveling, just make one server the main server. (Fv or bb)

Bigstomp, I play on bb, and our general chat has constant input from cross servers trying to sell overpriced sky items and ppl from luclin trying to recruit for their casual guild, socializing is good, right? Apparently not, our server trolls constantly attack the would be networkers and ppl doing sales overpriced, asking for 20 plus kr.

The people on low pop servers are not trapped, they put themselves there. Isn't there raiders with multiple toons across multiple servers that raid content on both.

If enough people brute force the servers, then won't something miraculous occur?
    Yimin likes this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

I guess your on Brekt? Brekt's option is to be merged with FV once they catch up because they have the same free trade rule set. Its the little Hotel California that will be bought out by the larger FV server one day or continue on its own. This was no secret when the server started. That's just like people starting on a TLP with clearly posted rules then a week after it opens they go complaining about the rules set for the server and how it needs to be changed. Like you just did by trying to dismiss the rule set of Brekt to justify server merger / transfers to any server because there is no legit raiding guild there.

I'm going to go with your angry posting because you completely miss quote me here on server transfers. I even listed that as an option and that maybe it should be cheaper to encourage its use for servers that can transfer. Nowhere did I even imply someone server transferring would impact me in one bit. If you can server transfer go for it, its $25 and cheaper than buying a heroic. Its also one service that appears to still work correctly vs the server merge and account to account transfer options.

If your on FV or Brekt your trapped unless you completely start new on a different server. Maybe you can start a drive to allow transfers from those two servers and have their gear be no trade on the gaining server would be legit. But you know every other single server will be heavily opposed.

Sure some servers could probably use some life added to them but others are just fine. Without facts like the OP's its a nowhere thread. There was nothing to back up the need for a server merge from the OP. I'm not against a legit please merge servers thread but bring actual facts there was nothing to encourage Daybreak to even consider merging Luclin other than an opinion they could use 30% more people from one individual with maybe 3-4 others supporting the idea with 17 total post before my reply here.
  20. Geroblue Augur

I dislike merges. Just transfer your character over.

CR and Blightfire barely have enough mobs if more than one player/group is going after the rats and snakes outside CR or after the Treants/saplings, or after the rats on the north side of Blightfire. If more than one player/group is going after the gnolls, or young mountain lions, etc. in CR its a pain as there are so few of them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and xcitng like this.